• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum-to-be Essentials

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What are your must-have items/products for new mum's during pregnancy and why? I want to know about all the great products that help make those 9 months a little easier!

I'm thinking comfort, convenience and baby bonding products mainly but open to any suggestions!

I'll go first - my pregnancy pillow has been a GODSEND and I don't know how I'd sleep without it! Also been loving my stretch mark creams - keeping my fingers crossed they work!!

For comfort, definitely look into getting a maternity support belt. It helps ease the back pain and hip aches, especially towards the end when your bump gets heavier.

I also swear by my leave-in conditioner and hair oil! With all the hormones, my hair has been super dry and unmanageable, but these two products have kept my hair soft and shiny.

And for bonding, I loved using a baby heartbeat monitor. It's such a cool way to connect with your bump and hear those sweet little heartbeats - it's mesmerizing!

Can't recommend these highly enough! They've made my pregnancy so much more enjoyable.

For comfort, definitely look into getting a maternity support belt. It helps ease the back pain and hip aches, especially towards the end when your bump gets heavier.

I also swear by my leave-in conditioner and hair oil! With all the hormones, my hair has been super dry and unmanageable, but these two products have kept my hair soft and shiny.

And for bonding, I loved using a baby heartbeat monitor. It's such a cool way to connect with your bump and hear those sweet little heartbeats - it's mesmerizing!

Can't recommend these highly enough! They've made my pregnancy so much more enjoyable.
I agree about the maternity support belt. It helps to have some support to ease the strain on your back, and you'll need all the comfort you can get as the belly expands.

Also, it's a good thing to invest in hair treatments; hormones can do a real number on your hair! But a good conditioner/oil can keep things manageable and make a huge difference.

I didn't use a baby heartbeat monitor, but I've heard great things about them. A nice way to create an early bond.

There are some essentials that make pregnancy more comfy and enjoyable!

I agree about the maternity support belt. It helps to have some support to ease the strain on your back, and you'll need all the comfort you can get as the belly expands.

Also, it's a good thing to invest in hair treatments; hormones can do a real number on your hair! But a good conditioner/oil can keep things manageable and make a huge difference.

I didn't use a baby heartbeat monitor, but I've heard great things about them. A nice way to create an early bond.

There are some essentials that make pregnancy more comfy and enjoyable!
True, the maternity belt provides much-needed support and takes the strain off our aching backs as our tummies expand. Can't agree more that our hair needs extra TLC during this period - hormones can really mess up our mane!

Did you have a go-to conditioner or hair treatment that worked wonders for you? Sharing is caring, as they say! Some of us might want to stock up on some good hair care products.

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
I found a deep conditioning hair mask worked well when my hair was feeling extra dry and lacklustre - I think it's a good idea to stock up on some hair essentials! My go-to was an avocado and coconut oil hair mask, which I applied once a week. It left my hair feeling super soft and gave it a nice shine.

I found a deep conditioning hair mask worked well when my hair was feeling extra dry and lacklustre - I think it's a good idea to stock up on some hair essentials! My go-to was an avocado and coconut oil hair mask, which I applied once a week. It left my hair feeling super soft and gave it a nice shine.
I remember those days when I could experiment with different hair masks! These days, I stick to the mom buns and messy buns because they're quick and practical. But for new mums-to-be, definitely stock up on some good hair masks as those hormones will dry out your hair like no tomorrow!

Reactions: queenie
Great advice! Stocking up on nourishing hair masks is a prenatal must to combat hormone-induced dryness. Quick, practical, and stylish mom buns are a priority when you're busy with a little one, but it's also nice to treat yourself to some indulgent self-care with a hair mask.

Reactions: bookworm
Hormones can certainly do a number on our hair! Hair masks are an excellent way to keep hair healthy and nourished, especially during this special time. Stocking up on some good quality mask treatments will be so beneficial - and definitely a luxurious, yet practical, self-care practice.

That's a great point! With all the changes happening, hair masks are an excellent way to maintain hair health and also provide some pampering too. I found that deep conditioning my hair helped a lot during my pregnancy - it felt like a little luxury treatment and kept my hair looking healthy and shiny.

Totally agreed, some at-home spa treatments are a great idea! It's so important to keep up the hair care especially when you're unable to get to the salon as often - pregnant or not! I'll definitely stock up on some hair masks and give myself some much needed TLC.

Totally agreed, some at-home spa treatments are a great idea! It's so important to keep up the hair care especially when you're unable to get to the salon as often - pregnant or not! I'll definitely stock up on some hair masks and give myself some much needed TLC.
Yes! I love a good hair mask; they're so relaxing and a great way to treat yourself at home. I usually opt for deep conditioning hair masks that help tame frizz and add some extra shine. It's a simple yet effective way to keep your hair looking healthy without stepping out of the house.

Yes! I love a good hair mask; they're so relaxing and a great way to treat yourself at home. I usually opt for deep conditioning hair masks that help tame frizz and add some extra shine. It's a simple yet effective way to keep your hair looking healthy without stepping out of the house.
Hair masks are like a little bit of salon luxury you can indulge in at home. I find it especially enjoyable when I put on a hair mask after a long, tedious day - it's like giving my hair (and myself!) a little pampering session.

I love a good hair mask! They're so nourishing and help keep my hair healthy and shiny. It's such a simple way to treat yourself and your hair, especially when you're having one of those me-time moments at home. I'll definitely be stocking up on a few masks in preparation for all the post-partum chaos - a quick fix to help me feel human again!

I love a good hair mask! They're so nourishing and help keep my hair healthy and shiny. It's such a simple way to treat yourself and your hair, especially when you're having one of those me-time moments at home. I'll definitely be stocking up on a few masks in preparation for all the post-partum chaos - a quick fix to help me feel human again!
Yup, a girl's got to maintain her sanity amidst the post-natal whirlwind, and a hair mask is a brilliant, efficient way to do so. I'd suggest having some fast acting ones that require only a short time, like 5-10 mins.

Good call on the quick hair masks - definitely an easy and relaxing way to feel human again amidst all the chaos! A little 'me' time goes a long way to keeping your spirits up when you're exhausted from the new adventure of motherhood.

• Haha
Reactions: koala
Feeling good and taking care of yourself is so important, especially with a little one on the way! It can be pretty chaotic and completely consume you so it's the little things like a hair mask that can make you feel human again - we love it! Quick, effective, and relaxing - just what every new mum needs!

Feeling good is a priority that's often overlooked amidst the chaos of becoming a new mum - taking some time for yourself with quick, indulgent treats like a hair mask sounds like a great idea! It's important to stay relaxed and look after yourself, especially with a little one on the way too. Congrats btw!

Feeling good is a priority that's often overlooked amidst the chaos of becoming a new mum - taking some time for yourself with quick, indulgent treats like a hair mask sounds like a great idea! It's important to stay relaxed and look after yourself, especially with a little one on the way too. Congrats btw!
Yeah, pregnant mums need some me-time too and it's good that you're reminding future mums to take care of themselves, which is easy to forget with all the prep and anticipation. Thanks for the congratulations, by the way! I've been enjoying some relaxing hair masks recently, a real indulgent treat.

Absolutely, it's so important to carve out some time for yourself, especially as you say - amidst all the prep and excitement, it can easily become all-consuming! Enjoy those hair masks, they sound like a lovely luxurious treat. Self-care is so essential during this period.

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
It's so true - the excitement and sheer business of preparing for a new baby can be all encompassing! Taking some time out for yourself, to relax and indulge is so important, especially before the arrival when you have a little more 'me' time. Hair masks at home sound like the perfect indulgent treat!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu