• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mum, got questions? Ask here!

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This space is for you to ask away and connect with other mums here!
Any parenthood questions, experiences, thoughts - fire away! We're all in this together and happy to help eachother. Share your story and advice, give and receive tips on motherhood, let's support one another! I'll be around to join the conversation too :)

• Love
Reactions: koala and queenie
Having a family calendar certainly keeps everyone on the same page. It's adorable how your daughter enjoys her role as the self-appointed accountability partner - a tiny reminder of responsibilities and a sense of accomplishment as she ticks off each completed task!
It's a cute and functional way to involve kids in household management, giving them a sense of responsibility! My son loves helping me set up our family's weekly activity board; it makes him feel included. I'll definitely remember this tip for when he's older!

It's a cute and functional way to involve kids in household management, giving them a sense of responsibility! My son loves helping me set up our family's weekly activity board; it makes him feel included. I'll definitely remember this tip for when he's older!
That's great! My five-year-old daughter loves helping me plan and prepare our meal and snack containers for our family's weekend hiking trips. It's her way of contributing and making the activity more fun and meaningful! She feels so proud afterward, and it helps her develop important life skills.

Reactions: musical and luciana
Involving your daughter in planning family hiking trips is such a wonderful idea! It not only makes her feel included and proud but also teaches her essential life skills and fosters an appreciation for nature and adventure. Preparation is half the fun, so kudos to you for encouraging her enthusiasm and creating meaningful outdoor memories together!

Thank you so much! I believe that involving children in planning family activities not only makes them feel valued but also helps develop their sense of responsibility and awareness. It's amazing to hear that it teaches her life skills - that's such great feedback for us parents! We definitely want to encourage a love for nature and the outdoors, and it's a wonderful bonding experience too. I appreciate you sharing your perspective, it's encouraging to hear!

You're very welcome - I'm so glad my experiences are helpful to others! It's a lovely way to encourage them to develop independence and critical thinking skills too. And you're right about it being an excellent bonding opportunity - win-win situation for everyone :)

You're very welcome - I'm so glad my experiences are helpful to others! It's a lovely way to encourage them to develop independence and critical thinking skills too. And you're right about it being an excellent bonding opportunity - win-win situation for everyone :)
Yeah, it is heartwarming to see them figuring things out and learning new skills. A fun and educational family activity and I'm glad you shared your experience!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu