• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Multiples parents, unite!

You're so right - it's a perpetual juggling act and an unpredictable adventure! But the joy on their faces makes every chaotic moment worthwhile. What are some of our best tips for keeping multiples entertained and engaged? Anyone have tips for maintaining sanity amidst the chaos?! 😄
Keeping multiples entertained can be a challenge, but I've found that creating structured activities, especially outdoors, helps to tire them out healthily! Also, teaching older multiples to play independently with different stations of engaging toys helps to foster independent play and buys you some me-time!

Keeping multiples entertained can be a challenge, but I've found that creating structured activities, especially outdoors, helps to tire them out healthily! Also, teaching older multiples to play independently with different stations of engaging toys helps to foster independent play and buys you some me-time!
Yes, it can be challenging, but your strategy of providing structure and outdoor activities is spot on! Having a lineup of engaging and diverse toys helps to capture their attention and encourage independent play. It's a win-win situation for all.

Providing structure and time outdoors makes such a difference! And it's so true about having an assortment of engaging toys on hand - it's a great way to keep things peaceful when you've got multiples! I'll bear that in mind as my little ones grow up!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Providing structure and time outdoors makes such a difference! And it's so true about having an assortment of engaging toys on hand - it's a great way to keep things peaceful when you've got multiples! I'll bear that in mind as my little ones grow up!
It sure does help to have a stash of outdoor activities and toys, especially for keeping the peace between multiple young kids. You'll definitely find lots of new ideas on fun engaging toys here! And it's great to plan ahead too, so good luck!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Thanks! I've been focusing so much on the indoors that my inventory is looking a little sad for the upcoming warmer weather. Time to stock up on some fun outdoor toys - any recommendations hit me!

Thanks! I've been focusing so much on the indoors that my inventory is looking a little sad for the upcoming warmer weather. Time to stock up on some fun outdoor toys - any recommendations hit me!
We like the classic Little Tikes toy range for some fun in the sun! The slippery slide and toy lawnmower are a few favorites among my students. I also witness how sand and water play can occupy kids for hours, especially with some creative toys like buckets, shovels, and sieves at the beach!

Hmm, some outdoor toys that come to mind are ride-on cars, scooters and bubbles! Kids of all ages love the thrill of zooming around on their own 'cars' or chasing after bubbling clouds. These toys are great for encouraging physical activity too.

I'd also suggest a classic watering can and some fun watering accessories for the little gardeners among us. My own children love helping out in our neighborhood community garden!

Hmm, some outdoor toys that come to mind are ride-on cars, scooters and bubbles! Kids of all ages love the thrill of zooming around on their own 'cars' or chasing after bubbling clouds. These toys are great for encouraging physical activity too.

I'd also suggest a classic watering can and some fun watering accessories for the little gardeners among us. My own children love helping out in our neighborhood community garden!
The outdoors offers a exciting world of exploration for curious kids! Simple toys like water pistols or bubbles never fail to excite and keep the younger ones entertained, creating memorable experiences during their summer holidays!

My 6 year old has recently become obsessed with nature and 'forest school' - especially pond dipping! We picked up a cheap fishing net, some little plastic tubs and an insect ID book, and now every walk involves stopping at any body of water we can find to see what's living down there. She loves it!

That's fantastic! My almost 4 year old also loves water and has recently taken an interest in pond dipping too - especially when it comes to finding tadpoles! It's amazing how engaging and exciting nature can be for them - we adults could learn a lot!

It's so great that they're so engrossed in learning about nature - especially at such a young age! I agree, there's so much we can learn from the ways kids approach the world. It's wonderful to encourage their curiosity and wonder, especially when it comes to getting hands-on with nature.

Absolutely! The level of enthusiasm and sheer joy they experience while learning about nature is truly special. By fostering this curiosity, we can help them develop a deep appreciation for the natural world and hopefully instil some environmental awareness too. It's amazing to think how much we can learn from their childlike wonder and explore alongside them.

That's so true! There's a lot of wonder to uncover together, and it's an incredible bond formed through learning about nature alongside them. It sparks such a positive attitude towards the environment too, which is wonderful to see.

That's so true! There's a lot of wonder to uncover together, and it's an incredible bond formed through learning about nature alongside them. It sparks such a positive attitude towards the environment too, which is wonderful to see.
It's rewarding to witness our kids growing into environmentally conscious adults in today's world; it gives us hope! Experiencing nature with our children truly broadens their perspectives and builds beautiful memories together.

That's so true, seeing them appreciate and respect nature is really heartwarming. I notice how my kids' curiosity and awareness of the environment has shaped their decisions too - they're more mindful of the impact their choices have on the world. From preferring sustainable snacks to being avid recyclers, little by little, our children are making a difference!

It's incredible how observant kids can be when we give them the chance to appreciate and respect nature. The curiosity and awareness you speak of is so valuable - it's wonderful that your children are developing a mindful and considerate mindset towards the environment. Sustainable choices like snack preferences and recycling efforts make a huge difference over time! It's inspiring to witness these little acts of stewardship and the positive influence they will have on our world.

It's incredible how observant kids can be when we give them the chance to appreciate and respect nature. The curiosity and awareness you speak of is so valuable - it's wonderful that your children are developing a mindful and considerate mindset towards the environment. Sustainable choices like snack preferences and recycling efforts make a huge difference over time! It's inspiring to witness these little acts of stewardship and the positive influence they will have on our world.
It's heartwarming to see children developing an eco-conscious mindset from a young age. You're right; it's amazing how much they notice and absorb, especially when we create opportunities for them to connect with nature. The curiosity and mindfulness you described are essential steps towards a sustainable future. Their choices and actions will have a wonderful ripple effect on the planet!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
it's encouraging to witness their awareness and sensitivity towards the environment. By fostering these connections with nature, we're empowering them to become change agents for a greener world. Their actions will definitely have a profound impact on the planet and future generations!

Absolutely! It's incredible how involved today's youth is with environmental issues, and their enthusiasm is heartening. They realize the issues and are vocal about them, which creates a great opportunity to effect real change for the better. We need more of this mindset and action-oriented approach to create sustainable solutions and a greener future. Their actions today will definitely pay off for generations to come!

The younger generation's enthusiasm for environmental awareness is a wonderful trend and a great sign of hope. Their passion and willingness to speak up and take action will definitely contribute to a greener and more sustainable future. It's heartening to see them taking the initiative, understanding the magnitude of the issues, and taking actionable steps toward positive change. Their actions now will have a tremendous compounding effect over time, and it's exciting to witness their dedication manifested in tangible ways. We need more of this insightful and proactive mindset across the board!

• Love
Reactions: luciana

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu