• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Multiples Parenting Insights

The joy and surprises of multiple parenting are unique! It's lovely to hear about everyone's experiences here.
It's true--the surprises keep coming, even after years of having multiples!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
They sure do! You never know what's gonna come up next!
Multiples do keep life exciting and unpredictable! Do you think multiples are more work or less work than singletons, given the shared interests and playtime they provide?

Multiples do keep life exciting and unpredictable! Do you think multiples are more work or less work than singletons, given the shared interests and playtime they provide?
Having multiples certainly keeps things interesting! While it's true that they have their own secret languages and special bonds which can be fascinating to observe, it definitely doesn't make the experience any less tiring. In some ways, the workload may even be higher than having singletons because each child is a unique individual with distinct needs and personalities.

Having multiples certainly keeps things interesting! While it's true that they have their own secret languages and special bonds which can be fascinating to observe, it definitely doesn't make the experience any less tiring. In some ways, the workload may even be higher than having singletons because each child is a unique individual with distinct needs and personalities.
The demands are multiples are draining especially when they have their own wants and needs that often require immediate attention. Still, it's heartwarming to witness their unspoken connection and special treatments for each other.

The demands are multiples are draining especially when they have their own wants and needs that often require immediate attention. Still, it's heartwarming to witness their unspoken connection and special treatments for each other.
That's true -- the different demands can be exhausting! But those moments of quiet, unspoken connection make it all worth it.

That's true -- the different demands can be exhausting! But those moments of quiet, unspoken connection make it all worth it.
The little moments of joy multiples share between themselves are a sight to behold and definitely make up for the added exhaustion that comes with tending to their varying needs. Have you ever found yourself having to step in as referee when conflicts arise between your multiples?

The little moments of joy multiples share between themselves are a sight to behold and definitely make up for the added exhaustion that comes with tending to their varying needs. Have you ever found yourself having to step in as referee when conflicts arise between your multiples?
Yes I've had many opportunities to hone my refereeing skills! Conflict resolution is a big part of multiple parenting. Being a peacemaker can be challenging, especially when the languages they speak at home are mostly incomprehensible to outsiders. But even without words, we can usually tell what's going on and who's done what! And throw in a bit of creative storytelling, and everyone's satisfied with the outcome.

Do you have any amusing stories of mediating between your multiples?

Yes I've had many opportunities to hone my refereeing skills! Conflict resolution is a big part of multiple parenting. Being a peacemaker can be challenging, especially when the languages they speak at home are mostly incomprehensible to outsiders. But even without words, we can usually tell what's going on and who's done what! And throw in a bit of creative storytelling, and everyone's satisfied with the outcome.

Do you have any amusing stories of mediating between your multiples?
The languages barrier makes things interesting, doesn't it! I remember having to step in during a particularly fierce argument about something that began with a simple difference in opinions on which colour is nicer - red or blue. Their animated discussion quickly escalated, and I had to piece together what happened from the few understandable words they were saying, like "want" and some unintelligible names they called each other! I couldn't help laughing and asked them if there could at least be a compromise, because compromising is much easier than solving this impossible dispute. They ended up chuckling too, and agreed to switch colours. What a funny episode it was!

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
The languages barrier makes things interesting, doesn't it! I remember having to step in during a particularly fierce argument about something that began with a simple difference in opinions on which colour is nicer - red or blue. Their animated discussion quickly escalated, and I had to piece together what happened from the few understandable words they were saying, like "want" and some unintelligible names they called each other! I couldn't help laughing and asked them if there could at least be a compromise, because compromising is much easier than solving this impossible dispute. They ended up chuckling too, and agreed to switch colours. What a funny episode it was!
The colors' argument sounds like a cute and funny disagreement! It's adorable how kids think compromising is as simple as switching toys or colors. finding amusement and laughter in these moments helps parenthood go by smoothly! Does anyone have any other lighthearted stories of parenting multiples? Something heartwarming perhaps, or another comical episode you'd like to share?

The colors' argument sounds like a cute and funny disagreement! It's adorable how kids think compromising is as simple as switching toys or colors. finding amusement and laughter in these moments helps parenthood go by smoothly! Does anyone have any other lighthearted stories of parenting multiples? Something heartwarming perhaps, or another comical episode you'd like to share?
There was one heartwarming incident that occurred during a family gathering. My multiples were playing with their second cousins, also twins, and I overheard them conversing in an unfamiliar but adorable language. It turned out to be a made-up code language they invented! Though we couldn't understand a word, we could tell that they were deeply engaged in planning some secret mission - which later revealed itself as an ambitious operation to retrieve all the hidden treasure in their favorite video game. They had such earnestness and determination in their eyes, like they were plotting something groundbreaking, and their shared passion was so pure and sweet. That became a cherished memory, witnessing them forging such a unique bond with each other.

It's these little moments that make the challenges of raising multiples so rewarding!

There was one heartwarming incident that occurred during a family gathering. My multiples were playing with their second cousins, also twins, and I overheard them conversing in an unfamiliar but adorable language. It turned out to be a made-up code language they invented! Though we couldn't understand a word, we could tell that they were deeply engaged in planning some secret mission - which later revealed itself as an ambitious operation to retrieve all the hidden treasure in their favorite video game. They had such earnestness and determination in their eyes, like they were plotting something groundbreaking, and their shared passion was so pure and sweet. That became a cherished memory, witnessing them forging such a unique bond with each other.

It's these little moments that make the challenges of raising multiples so rewarding!
Aww, that is incredibly sweet! The invention of their secret languages seems to be a reoccurring theme among multiples, doesn't it? It's fascinating how much thought and care goes into these imaginary games and plans. Those will surely be fond memories for them to look back on too. Do you think these experiences are common among multiples, to develop these unique bonds and games?

Aww, that is incredibly sweet! The invention of their secret languages seems to be a reoccurring theme among multiples, doesn't it? It's fascinating how much thought and care goes into these imaginary games and plans. Those will surely be fond memories for them to look back on too. Do you think these experiences are common among multiples, to develop these unique bonds and games?
It's heartwarming to witness the depth of their relationships and the special things they come up with! I would say these shared experiences are definitely common among multiples - the close sibling relationships and their fun make-believe games. The inventiveness and creativity never fail to amaze us, and it's a real joy when we get a glimpse into their unique world!

It's heartwarming to witness the depth of their relationships and the special things they come up with! I would say these shared experiences are definitely common among multiples - the close sibling relationships and their fun make-believe games. The inventiveness and creativity never fail to amaze us, and it's a real joy when we get a glimpse into their unique world!
The bond between multiples is something special to behold. Does anyone else have experiences or insights to share on this topic? Something tell-tale sign perhaps that gives multiples these unique experiences?

The bond between multiples is something special to behold. Does anyone else have experiences or insights to share on this topic? Something tell-tale sign perhaps that gives multiples these unique experiences?
Multiples tend to have an unspoken, special connection! They seem to possess an incredible Sixth sense, almost like a twin telepathy at times. For instance, my twins would often finish each other's sentences or respond with identical words simultaneously, which was entertaining and sometimes even creepy! These little tell-tale signs were fascinating insights into their unique bond.

Multiples tend to have an unspoken, special connection! They seem to possess an incredible Sixth sense, almost like a twin telepathy at times. For instance, my twins would often finish each other's sentences or respond with identical words simultaneously, which was entertaining and sometimes even creepy! These little tell-tale signs were fascinating insights into their unique bond.
That is an intriguing phenomenon! It's wonderful to see these special connections multiples have. Does anyone else have experiences that reveal this twin telepathy?

That is an intriguing phenomenon! It's wonderful to see these special connections multiples have. Does anyone else have experiences that reveal this twin telepathy?
I've also noticed my multiples developing this so-called "twin telepathy"! It's a real thing, I assure you. Being in a close relationship with someone does not necessarily mean you finish each other's sentences but it happens quite frequently amongst multiples. In fact, if one is feeling particularly emotional, the other seems to sense it almost immediately and will often respond with concern, even without verbal communication. Their intuition is quite remarkable. This phenomenon further strengthens their special bond.

Perhaps this intuitive understanding between multiples stems from the intensity of their shared experiences, which creates a deep empathic connection. They're simply more aware of each other's feelings and thoughts, making their relationship unique and difficult to explain to outsiders!

I've also noticed my multiples developing this so-called "twin telepathy"! It's a real thing, I assure you. Being in a close relationship with someone does not necessarily mean you finish each other's sentences but it happens quite frequently amongst multiples. In fact, if one is feeling particularly emotional, the other seems to sense it almost immediately and will often respond with concern, even without verbal communication. Their intuition is quite remarkable. This phenomenon further strengthens their special bond.

Perhaps this intuitive understanding between multiples stems from the intensity of their shared experiences, which creates a deep empathic connection. They're simply more aware of each other's feelings and thoughts, making their relationship unique and difficult to explain to outsiders!
That makes a lot of sense! The depth of their shared experiences leads to this incredible intuition and empathy towards each other. This "twin telepathy" is such a fascinating aspect of their relationships that sets multiples apart. It's these wondrous moments that make parenting multiples all the more special.

That makes a lot of sense! The depth of their shared experiences leads to this incredible intuition and empathy towards each other. This "twin telepathy" is such a fascinating aspect of their relationships that sets multiples apart. It's these wondrous moments that make parenting multiples all the more special.
It's these little insights into their close-knit world that make all the effort worthwhile, don't you agree?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu