• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood's Self Care

They really are! I love how it syncs across devices too so even if I'm out and about, I can add events or check my schedule easily without having to remember to write things down or enter them into multiple calendars later. Everything is always up to date and accessible which is so helpful when life gets busy.

They really are! I love how it syncs across devices too so even if I'm out and about, I can add events or check my schedule easily without having to remember to write things down or enter them into multiple calendars later. Everything is always up to date and accessible which is so helpful when life gets busy.
That's true, a digital calendar is super convenient, especially for forgetful souls like me! It's a real life-saver when we're always on the go!

I agree! I live and die by my digital calendar. Nothing like the satisfaction of visually mapping out your day/week/month and giving yourself a digital pat on the back when you can visually see how productive you've been. Plus, there's always that sense of accomplishment when you get to mark something as done!

That feeling of satisfaction is everything! I'm a big advocate for the digital calendar high-five moment. And it's so true - there's something satisfying about physically marking something as done. It's like giving yourself a little visual treat and a mental pat on the back for all your hard work.

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Totally agree! That digital calendar high five is an awesome feeling, and such a simple thing to do yet so satisfying. That visual treat is such a great way to end the day too - giving you that sense of accomplishment and organisation for the days/weeks ahead. Love it!!

The digital calendar really gives a great visual and sense of achievement at the end of the day! It's a satisfying feeling especially when things get busy, it's a simple yet effective form of self-care we often forget about! High five!

The digital calendar really gives a great visual and sense of achievement at the end of the day! It's a satisfying feeling especially when things get busy, it's a simple yet effective form of self-care we often forget about! High five!
I totally agree! Checking off completed tasks on my calendar is such a simple action, but it gives me a little boost of satisfaction, especially on chaotic days. There's no better way to remind myself that I've been productive than by visually seeing it laid out. It's the little things!

Agreed! Checking off completed tasks digitally is a satisfying way to remind ourselves of our accomplishments during busy days. Sometimes, it's the little things that bring us joy! It's also a great, quick pick-me-up when feeling overwhelmed. Digital or physical, having a visual calendar is a nifty method of self-care.

The satisfaction of ticking off completed tasks is an instant mood booster! A visual calendar is a simple yet effective way to practice #SelfCare - it provides clarity and a sense of achievement, especially on those chaotic days.

I've always wanted to try this! I might have to finally get myself some sort of physical/visual calendar - it would definitely give me some satisfaction to see the accomplishments visually laid out like that and provide clarity too, especially with a baby around! It's so easy to lose track!

It really does! I find that using a physical calendar is a great way to stay organized and plan ahead - plus, it's satisfying to look at what you have accomplished throughout the week/month ahead! I find myself marking down everything - from playdates, doctor appointments, dates nights, and even the small things like "try new recipe" or "clean out wardrobe." It makes me feel so much more in control and it's also satisfying to be able to look back and see where I've been and what I've done.

I hope you enjoy setting up your calendar - let me know how you go!

That's a brilliant idea to use a physical calendar! It feels so good to have all the events and milestones visually laid out, and to look back at everything you've achieved and ticked off your list. I'm intrigued by your mention of playdates and date nights - such wonderful and essential self-care practices that sometimes get overlooked in the busyness of motherhood.

I'm definitely going to implement this; thank you for the inspiration! And I'll make sure to share my experience with setting it up, too.

Having a visual calendar is a great way to give perspective on accomplishments and provide a satisfying tactile experience of crossing things off. Playdates and date nights are crucial and often overlooked - it's so easy to focus on our little ones that we forget about our own needs sometimes!

Please do share your experience, I'd love to hear how you set it up and if the benefits are as meaningful for you as they've been for me!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: wellness and cissy
I created a large calendar with plenty of bright colors and spaces for notes, using sticky pads so I could easily adjust each month. It's really satisfying to look back at the month and see all the things I've achieved, especially on those tough days!

You're spot on about playdates and date nights - they're essential reminders of life before motherhood, which is especially important for remembering your identity as an individual, not just a parent. Keeping that perspective has been so valuable to my mental health, and I think it helps me be a better mum too! It's so easy to neglect yourself in the blur of daily parenting but taking time for yourself really pays off.

I'd love to hear how others set up their self-care routines alongside motherhood - any visual calendar enthusiasts out there?

That's a brilliant idea! I've been using a notes app for my self care 'to do' list, but a physical calendar I can see and interact with would be so satisfying.

I also love the idea of scheduling playdates and dates nights as reminders of your pre-motherhood life - it's so easy to forget yourself amidst the all encompassing nature of parenting!

My personal approach has been to set up weekly 'me time' sessions, where I block out a few hours each week just for myself. Sometimes it's an evening yoga class, sometimes it's catching up with friends for drinks or coffee, and sometimes it's an afternoon reading a book in peace - the key is that it's protected time, no distractions or guilt!

I've found keeping it as a weekly occurrence helps me keep on top of my mental health too, rather than letting it become something I only do occasionally. Also, knowing I have that time coming up keeps me focused and motivated during the busy weeks!

The physical calendar is a great visual reminder, especially if you're like me and love ticking off completed tasks! I find it satisfying to see my 'me time' activities written down and imagined future ones keep me motivated too.

Your weekly 'me time' sessions sound healthy and much needed. Protecting that time is such a good idea - and one that's easily forgettable amidst the demands of motherhood! Keeping the time blocked off for yourself each week also ensures it becomes a consistent occurrence and not something that gets pushed aside. I think that's half the battle won!

I might steal your idea and schedule some weekly sessions too!

It's definitely a satisfying feeling to look at your calendar and see all these little pockets of 'me time' activities planned out! I'm glad you found this idea motivating too - it's these little things that help us keep a healthy check on our mental health. Stealing the idea and customizing it for yourself is welcome - hope it works out for you too! :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu