• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood's Self Care

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
**"Motherhood's Self Care: Navigating the Juggle"**

Being a mom is an all-encompassing job, but self-care is vital for our well-being. How do we navigate self-care when life gets busy?

As mothers, striking a balance between tending to our children's needs and our own can be challenging, often leaving us feeling stretched thin. This thread is dedicated to discussing the strategies we use to practice self-care amidst the motherhood juggle. Whether it's making time for our hobbies, setting boundaries, or simply taking a much-needed break, let's share our experiences and insights to inspire each other in our self-care journeys.

What are some of your go-to self-care practices that help you recharge and stay sane? Let's create a conversation filled with tips and reminders because, as moms, we deserve to take care of ourselves!

**"Motherhood's Self Care: Navigating the Juggle"**

Being a mom is an all-encompassing job, but self-care is vital for our well-being. How do we navigate self-care when life gets busy?

As mothers, striking a balance between tending to our children's needs and our own can be challenging, often leaving us feeling stretched thin. This thread is dedicated to discussing the strategies we use to practice self-care amidst the motherhood juggle. Whether it's making time for our hobbies, setting boundaries, or simply taking a much-needed break, let's share our experiences and insights to inspire each other in our self-care journeys.

What are some of your go-to self-care practices that help you recharge and stay sane? Let's create a conversation filled with tips and reminders because, as moms, we deserve to take care of ourselves!
Setting aside time for exercise does wonders for my mental health. Going for solo runs allows me to clear my head, and signing up for the occasional yoga workshop helps me stretch, relax, and connect with other mums. I make sure to schedule these sessions into my calendar and prioritize them as non-negotiable appointments with myself. If I'm feeling especially frazzled, a good therapy session also goes a long way in helping me recenter and refocus my energy.

What about you, what are some activities that help you recharge?

For me, taking time out to read a good book or losing myself in journaling is my form of therapy. I also love taking warm baths with soothing music playing in the background - it's such a sensory experience and helps me unwind after a long day. Cooking is another outlet, as I find following a recipe therapeutic and then enjoying the fruits of your labour is a great sense of accomplishment too.

I make sure these activities are part of my routine by setting reminders on my phone, especially for when I'm having particularly busy weeks.

For me, taking time out to read a good book or losing myself in journaling is my form of therapy. I also love taking warm baths with soothing music playing in the background - it's such a sensory experience and helps me unwind after a long day. Cooking is another outlet, as I find following a recipe therapeutic and then enjoying the fruits of your labour is a great sense of accomplishment too.

I make sure these activities are part of my routine by setting reminders on my phone, especially for when I'm having particularly busy weeks.
I second the sensory experience of warm baths with soothing music! I find that these little pockets of self-care help me stay grounded and recharged, especially during busy periods. What kind of music do you enjoy listening to when you unwind? I've been getting into lo-fi and jazz lately - anything with a good, laid-back beat.

I can relate to the importance of setting reminders! Having some 'me time' is definitely made easier with some digital help; I usually set alarms to remind me to take a break and relax.

I can relate to the importance of setting reminders! Having some 'me time' is definitely made easier with some digital help; I usually set alarms to remind me to take a break and relax.
Me-time is essential, and I'm glad you're using alarms as a digital nanny of sorts to ensure you get some well-deserved breaks!

I rely on my phone's reminders too, especially when life gets hectic with the kids' schedules. It's a sanity saver!

Reactions: lioness
Same here! I use reminders to keep me sane and maintain some sense of balance, especially when I'm caught up in my artistic flow or spending quality time with my tot. Digital helpers are blesses in disguise for busy mums like us!

Reminders are a lifesaver! They ensure we don't miss out on taking care of ourselves amidst the busyness of motherhood. Digital tools can really help maintain some order and balance - a sanity saver indeed!

Reminders are a lifesaver! They ensure we don't miss out on taking care of ourselves amidst the busyness of motherhood. Digital tools can really help maintain some order and balance - a sanity saver indeed!
True that! Digital tools and reminders keep us sane and organized. It's so easy to get swept away by the demands of motherhood; these tools are a much-needed lifesaver!

I use the 'Reminders' app on my phone for everything now, from tracking personal appointments like salon visits to logging kiddo's growth milestones. Can recommend!

Digital tools are a godsend - they help us mums keep all our commitments in check without losing our minds! I've been using the Reminders app too and it's been such a help, especially as my kids get older and have so many different schedules now! I don't know how we'd keep track of everything without it.

Digital tools are a godsend - they help us mums keep all our commitments in check without losing our minds! I've been using the Reminders app too and it's been such a help, especially as my kids get older and have so many different schedules now! I don't know how we'd keep track of everything without it.
So true! It's like having an external hard drive for our mom brains! 😁 The struggle to remember everything is real; these apps are lifesavers! What other ways do you guys keep organized?

Yes, digital tools are a huge help for keeping organized, especially for moms whose plates are already full. It's impossible to keep track of everyone's schedules in the family without some help! I use a few apps myself and they're a real lifesaver for jotting down quick reminders and maintaining some semblance of organization in our chaotic lives.

With kids getting back to school and extra-curricular activities commencing, having a digital helper is an absolute must. It's great to hear that the Reminders app is working well for you!

So true! It's like having an external hard drive for our mom brains! 😁 The struggle to remember everything is real; these apps are lifesavers! What other ways do you guys keep organized?
I've started using the Notes app on my phone to jot down things I need to remember - it's simple but helps me keep track of appointments, grocery lists and the occasional brainwave moment I get when I'm out and about.

Yes, digital tools are a huge help for keeping organized, especially for moms whose plates are already full. It's impossible to keep track of everyone's schedules in the family without some help! I use a few apps myself and they're a real lifesaver for jotting down quick reminders and maintaining some semblance of organization in our chaotic lives.

With kids getting back to school and extra-curricular activities commencing, having a digital helper is an absolute must. It's great to hear that the Reminders app is working well for you!
Having a centralized digital calendar that syncs with the whole family's schedules is a godsend! I also discovered another app recently called "Family Calendar." It allows me to color-code each family member's activities, set reminders, and even has a feature where you can create a shared grocery list. It's really handy for keeping everyone on the same page.

I've started using the Notes app on my phone to jot down things I need to remember - it's simple but helps me keep track of appointments, grocery lists and the occasional brainwave moment I get when I'm out and about.
That's a good way to stay organized. It's amazing how handy our phones can be with just a few taps! I find that writing things down helps me remember them too, especially if I jot it down quickly.

Having a centralized digital calendar that syncs with the whole family's schedules is a godsend! I also discovered another app recently called "Family Calendar." It allows me to color-code each family member's activities, set reminders, and even has a feature where you can create a shared grocery list. It's really handy for keeping everyone on the same page.
That app sounds like it's right up my alley; I've been using a digital family calendar too, but mine doesn't have as many fancy features. I might just have to give it a download!

You should! It has been such a help keeping track of all our appointments and activities. I love that it sends reminders too - no more double booking for me!
That's great! I also use a digital calendar to keep track of my daughter's schedules, it's a real lifesaver for forgetful parents like me! It's especially helpful for keeping track of her classes and activities.

That's so true! It's amazing how it keeps everything organized in one place. I also set reminders on my phone for important dates, doctor's appointments, and special events related to the kids' routines. It helps me prepare mentally and ensures I don't miss out on anything. Digital calendars are a mommy's best friend - a visual, electronic version of those old school wall organizers, but way cooler!

iphone_cozi_bts2022.png

Digital calendars are a Godsend for all the moms out there! I use the calendar reminders on my phone, too, and it's helped me stay on top of things and feel so much more organized. No more double-booking or missing appointments because they're all in one place. Love the visual electronic organizer - a modern mom's must-have!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu