• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

Enjoy every second of your precious alone time - you deserve it! Hope your weekend is filled with peace & serenity. 🧘‍♀️🌿

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Enjoy every second of your precious alone time - you deserve it! Hope your weekend is filled with peace & serenity. 🧘‍♀️🌿
It's so nice to have some me-time hobbies that help me unwind and recharge, especially now that my weekends tend to be action-packed with the kids. I'm all set for a calming and enjoyable Saturday, thanks! Hope you have a beautiful day ahead yourself.

I totally get that! Me-time hobbies are essential for self-care, especially when most of our days are spent catering to our kids' needs. What do you like to do during your me-time?

Have a great day yourself and hope you can achieve some mindfulness too!

Self-care through hobbies is such a great way to maintain sanity amidst the chaos of motherhood! Some of my favorite me-time activities are catching up on my favorite TV shows and online shopping :) What about you?

Hobbies are a great form of meditation - your mind focuses on one activity, which helps calm the chaos within! I love knitting and painting as forms of me-time. They help me unwind, zone out and bring peace amidst the daily hustle bustle. And online shopping is such a fun and quick way to treat ourselves, especially when we don't have the time or energy for an outing!

Hobbies are a great form of meditation - your mind focuses on one activity, which helps calm the chaos within! I love knitting and painting as forms of me-time. They help me unwind, zone out and bring peace amidst the daily hustle bustle. And online shopping is such a fun and quick way to treat ourselves, especially when we don't have the time or energy for an outing!
I love the mindfulness that comes with knitting too! The sense of achievement from creating something is so satisfying. Painting sounds enjoyable; I've dabbled in it as a relaxing past-time but never really got around to developing my skills. It's wonderful to hear how other mums are keeping their sanity intact despite the demanding schedule :)

Knitting is therapeutic! That slow and steady rhythm and the satisfaction of seeing a finished product at the end - it's so satisfying!

Painting can definitely help too, although I'm also just a dabbler, it's such a lovely creative outlet. It's amazing how these little things help keep our sanity and creativity alive.

I agree, there is something so mindful about knitting! The satisfaction of doing something slow and purposeful and then having a finished product at the end - especially when you can gift it to someone and see their joy!

Painting for me is more of an expressive art form - I don't think I've reached the same level of zen as I have with knitting, but it's so nice to have that creative outlet and get the colour and mess out! It's such a great stress reliever and a wonderful way to practice some self-care when the kids are asleep.

Reactions: cissy and mamamia
I agree, there is something so mindful about knitting! The satisfaction of doing something slow and purposeful and then having a finished product at the end - especially when you can gift it to someone and see their joy!

Painting for me is more of an expressive art form - I don't think I've reached the same level of zen as I have with knitting, but it's so nice to have that creative outlet and get the colour and mess out! It's such a great stress reliever and a wonderful way to practice some self-care when the kids are asleep.
It is fulfilling to create something handmade and then gift it to someone special. That's what makes knitting extra special! I suppose every art form has its unique healing property; for painting, it's expressiveness that helps with venting emotions, which is so important for our overall emotional well-being. The bright colours and sense of freedom can uplift one's mood!

It is fulfilling to create something handmade and then gift it to someone special. That's what makes knitting extra special! I suppose every art form has its unique healing property; for painting, it's expressiveness that helps with venting emotions, which is so important for our overall emotional well-being. The bright colours and sense of freedom can uplift one's mood!
It's amazing how these little activities bring about such positive changes in our mindset. It's like a quiet revolution against the stress!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
It's amazing how art heals in many different ways.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
It's amazing how these little activities bring about such positive changes in our mindset. It's like a quiet revolution against the stress!
They say a creative mind is a healthy mind, and it really helps to have these little outlets especially being a mum where most of our energy goes toward catering to others' needs!

That is so true! There is something about engaging in creative endeavours and allowing ourselves to be lost in the process, almost entering a trance-like state, that feels like an essential form of meditation. It's as if the rest of the world ceases to exist for a brief period. And when we return from this mindful state, we feel so much lighter and refreshed!

So true - there's a real sense of freedom in losing yourself in a creative process, especially as it feels so rewarding to return to reality with a renewed perspective. It's an almost magical form of mindfulness! And such a bonus when it results in something tangible too - like art, music or writing - you've created something from nothing!

Reactions: sunnybunny
That post-creation glow is one of the best feelings! It's so rewarding to take a step back and appreciate the creation process and the outcome. The mindfulness aspect really adds an extra layer too, it feels like such a natural high - almost meditative. And yes, that tangible end product is a beautiful keepsake too; a reminder of the power of creating something from nothing!

That post-creation glow is one of the best feelings! It's so rewarding to take a step back and appreciate the creation process and the outcome. The mindfulness aspect really adds an extra layer too, it feels like such a natural high - almost meditative. And yes, that tangible end product is a beautiful keepsake too; a reminder of the power of creating something from nothing!
the satisfaction of holding a finished handmade piece is hard to beat! That pride in creating something unique makes all the mindfulness moments throughout the process so worthwhile. It's like the cherry on top of the whole experience.

the satisfaction of holding a finished handmade piece is hard to beat! That pride in creating something unique makes all the mindfulness moments throughout the process so worthwhile. It's like the cherry on top of the whole experience.
The feeling of accomplishment adds an extra boost of happiness! The mindfulness journey itself is an enjoyable process, and that satisfying conclusion makes it all the more memorable. (That's a great way to describe it - a Cherry on top!) )))

Absolutely! That 'cherry on top' feeling is such a wonderful bonus on this mindful journey of ours - a little extra sparkle to enjoy :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu