• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

Mindfulness takes on a different form once we become mothers. Agree that it's challenging but in a good way cos the rewards are so fulfilling!

For me, mindfulness became more spontaneous and reacting to the needs of the situation after I became a mom. Like you, formal meditation sessions became a thing of the past when the kids were younger cos forget about 5 minutes of quiet time - that was a luxury! But over time, I found myself being more mindful of how I parent and react to my children especially in difficult situations.

Now that they're older, I find myself having more moments of proper mindfulness. But it's also evolved to include being mindful of how I want them to learn and internalize self-care - like you said, it's a bonus that our practices benefit them too!

I think motherhood definitely adds a whole new dimension to our mindfulness journey - we adapt and grow together with the little ones in ways we never imagined!

Reactions: sportytina
The whole experience of motherhood helps us understand the essence of mindfulness. The way you juggle the demands of parenthood while trying to integrate mindful practices is inspiring. It's an ongoing journey indeed!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Motherhood changes our perspective on mindfulness cos we now have another little human watching our every move and mirroring our actions. It's an eye-opener and also a great responsibility!

As new moms, we totes plan for and visualize how we wanna parent and be all zen and shit, but the reality is so different - like you said, it's all about surviving those early days! And that's okay, 'cause being mindful in the moments when we're needed is enough - we're doing our best!

It's great that as our kids grow, we can slowly carve out space for more "formal" practices and also be more intentional about what we're showing them. It's a nice reminder to keep going and stay consistent!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Ya, the whole journey of motherhood sure helps us understand mindfulness better. The constant demands on our attention means we need to really be intentional about our own mindfulness practices, and it's an ever-evolving journey as our children grow! We adapt and learn as we go along.

Multitasking becomes the new norm. And even though it's challenging, we somehow adapt and get by. diaper time - who knew hey? The early years are a blur of constant attention but it's also a special time to cherish . The mindfulness journey continues!

becoming a mother is a huge event that would naturally impact mindfulness practice! Agree it's super challenging to find time and stay focused when you've got a tiny toddler demanding attention every few mins.. I also did moment-to-moment awareness , trying to be present at each diaper change or feeding, which helped me stay sane those early days.

As the kids grew older and needed more complex emotional support, my mindfulness shifted too. I found myself explaining deep breaths and calming techniques to my frazzled 4yo, modeling the same ways i try to calm myself! It's such a great point you bring up, about being mindful of how we model self care for our kids. They pick up on so much more than we realize!

I've also found that motherhood has a way of amplifying the challenges - like my patience is put under a spotlight! But there are so many wonderful moments too where mindfulness shines through, like when you manage to stay calm amidst the storm, or enjoy a rare quiet moment with a snuggly baby.

52689902750_9df5df9909_m.jpg

Reactions: sunnydays

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu