• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

What a beautiful thread! I especially love how you've described your daughter's imaginative play and the magical, whimsical feeling it brings. There's a sense of calm and peacefulness in witnessing a child's innocent joy.

For me, it's those early morning moments when the sun is just peaking over the horizon, and the world feels full of possibility. My son loves to watch the sunrise, often without a sound, just taking it all in. That quiet, tranquil moment as witness to the world's gradual waking up is a special anchor for my day, and definitely encourages mindfulness.

Also, mealtimes can be chaotic with two young children, but I cherish those occasions when we all slow down enough to truly enjoy the food and each other's company. The delighted faces of my kids when they've enjoyed a meal I've prepared fill me with gratitude and a deep sense of satisfaction. It's a simple act of appreciation for the nourishment and sustenance we're lucky to have.

These everyday moments of grace keep me grounded and remind me constantly of the beauty that can be found in the mundane, if we just take a moment to notice.
It's these little pockets of peace and mindfulness amidst our busy lives that keep us going, don't they? I love how you've mentioned finding magic in the everyday - it's so true!

For me, it's the way my daughter talks to her imaginary friends. She'll be sitting there having deep conversations with someone only she can see, and occasionally, she'd laugh out loud at something they're 'saying' and it lights up my heart. Imagine having that uninhibited connection and communication with the world, separate from the jaded opinions and preconceptions we adults often form!

I also love the anchorage you spoke of - those serene morning moments before the chaos of the day. There's something about witnessing the sunrise, about being part of the quiet greeting of a new day while the rest of the world is still asleep. It's a special kind of peace.

Mealtimes can be chaotic, but those rare, calm moments of connection and gratitude are so worthwhile. It's a wonderful thing when you're all present enough to appreciate and enjoy those experiences.

It's these simple yet profound moments that make me appreciate being a mother and encourage me to continue growing in mindfulness. There's so much beauty in the normality of life - a constant, ever-present reminder not to rush through life but to instead appreciate each step of the journey.

Are there any other special everyday moments you ladies find particularly mindful?

Reactions: nature
The simple act of observing my children playing independently, lost in their own imaginative world, brings me such joy and mindfulness. There's a sense of peace that comes with witnessing their creativity and freedom, unbothered by societal expectations or rules.

The way my son looks at his sister with adoring eyes also never fails to fill my heart. It reminds me of the selfless, pure love we should all strive for. And giggles! The uncontrollable, hysterical giggles that come from deep within their bellies never fail to make me smile and laugh along.

As mundane as it sounds, folding laundry is a strange activity that helps me ground myself. Matching tiny socks and sorting out teeny t-shirts brings me back to the present moment. The simple task becomes an anchoring ritual, almost meditative as I mindfully pair each sock together.

These moments of mindfulness come and go, but they're there if we pause long enough to notice. They are a wonderful encouragement to appreciate the here and now, especially amidst the chaos of motherhood!

The simple act of observing my children playing independently, lost in their own imaginative world, brings me such joy and mindfulness. There's a sense of peace that comes with witnessing their creativity and freedom, unbothered by societal expectations or rules.

The way my son looks at his sister with adoring eyes also never fails to fill my heart. It reminds me of the selfless, pure love we should all strive for. And giggles! The uncontrollable, hysterical giggles that come from deep within their bellies never fail to make me smile and laugh along.

As mundane as it sounds, folding laundry is a strange activity that helps me ground myself. Matching tiny socks and sorting out teeny t-shirts brings me back to the present moment. The simple task becomes an anchoring ritual, almost meditative as I mindfully pair each sock together.

These moments of mindfulness come and go, but they're there if we pause long enough to notice. They are a wonderful encouragement to appreciate the here and now, especially amidst the chaos of motherhood!
I feel the same about finding joy in my kids' simple imaginative play! It's heartwarming to see their pure love and it warms my soul too.

Laundry can be meditative when you think of it that way - a chance to slow down and appreciate the small things, like those tiny socks!

Motherhood is full of these mindful moments, we just need to take a breath and savor them.

I feel the same about finding joy in my kids' simple imaginative play! It's heartwarming to see their pure love and it warms my soul too.

Laundry can be meditative when you think of it that way - a chance to slow down and appreciate the small things, like those tiny socks!

Motherhood is full of these mindful moments, we just need to take a breath and savor them.
It's wonderful to see the joy in our children's simplest pleasures. Their world of imaginative play is a beautiful distraction from our often hectic lives.

I agree that chores like laundry can be meditative when approached with the right mindset. It's a chance to reflect and find gratitude in the little things, like those tiny, adorable socks! It's almost as if doing laundry is a symbolic act of love - a chance to care for and appreciate the little ones' presence in our lives.

Motherhood certainly provides an opportunity to be mindful and appreciate the here and now. Savoring these moments is a great reminder to slow down and enjoy the ride.

It's heartening to see other moms who appreciate the simpler things too!

Reactions: chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu