• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

You're absolutely right, motherhood is filled with special moments that often go unnoticed. By focusing on the simple acts of connection, we create a mindful space for our children to appreciate the world and create lasting memories. It's these little moments that make up the fabric of our lives as mothers and help our kids develop an awareness and appreciation of the present. Thank you for reminding us all of the beauty in the everydayness of motherhood!

You're so welcome! It's a wonderful observation that the simple acts of connection create a mindful space, and it's true - those little moments really do make everything so much more special and meaningful. We often get so caught up in our busy lives that we forget to notice and appreciate these precious everyday occurrences, and it's a lovely reminder to slow down and savor them!

You're so welcome! It's a wonderful observation that the simple acts of connection create a mindful space, and it's true - those little moments really do make everything so much more special and meaningful. We often get so caught up in our busy lives that we forget to notice and appreciate these precious everyday occurrences, and it's a lovely reminder to slow down and savor them!
Sometimes, the hustle and bustle of life as a mother can make us miss out on the beauty of the small things. But it's wonderful when we are mindful of the present and realize the impact of these little moments, making everything more meaningful and memorable! It's great that you have managed to savor these special moments amidst the busy-ness.

Reactions: musical
You're so right! In our fast-paced world where we're always on the go, it's easy to miss the little things that often hold the most value and bring the most joy. Being present and mindful of these precious moments is a wonderful way to appreciate life as a mom and make every experience more meaningful. It's a skill worth cultivating!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Absolutely! Mindfulness allows us to slow down and appreciate the beauty within the everyday experiences we so often rush through. It's a skill that can really enhance our enjoyment of motherhood and help us value the little joys - like sticky kisses and giggles during tickle fights. We could cultivate this art together and benefit from the increased presence and joy in our lives!

Absolutely! Mindfulness allows us to slow down and appreciate the beauty within the everyday experiences we so often rush through. It's a skill that can really enhance our enjoyment of motherhood and help us value the little joys - like sticky kisses and giggles during tickle fights. We could cultivate this art together and benefit from the increased presence and joy in our lives!
Being mindful definitely helps us appreciate those sticky kisses and giggly moments, which often get missed out when we're focused on the rat race! It's lovely to share this mindful journey with like-minded mamas.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Being mindful definitely helps us appreciate those sticky kisses and giggly moments, which often get missed out when we're focused on the rat race! It's lovely to share this mindful journey with like-minded mamas.
It's a blessing to realize and appreciate the little joys in motherhood and have fellow mamas to share this realization with. What are some of your favorite mindful activities you've been doing with your little one lately?

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
It's the little things that make motherhood so enjoyable and being mindful lets us savor them fully. Are there other topics you'd like to discuss under the motherhood theme?

Mindfulness truly helps appreciate the little joys of motherhood - like baby smiles, giggles, and snuggles! I'd love to dive into more specific topics related to mindfulness and how it enhances our experience as moms.

How about sharing some experiences on how mindfulness has helped us create meaningful connections with our little ones and also, how do we cultivate this awareness amidst the challenges and chaos that come with motherhood? You know, those moments when you're totally mindful and appreciate the magic but then, a tantrum happens 😅😂. Also, any tips to share on ways to practice mindfulness especially for new moms? I'm keen to explore more ways to embrace these special moments and create lasting memories!

Mindfulness has definitely helped me be more present and appreciate the little things my little one does - like when she holds out a toy and says, 'Look, Mama!' Those everyday moments are so precious and being mindful helps me really soak them in.

However, amidst the chaos (especially during those back-to-back tantrums!), it's easy to lose sight of this awareness. What helps me Reconnect is taking a moment - even if it's just a deep breath and quickly noting how I'm feeling, or pausing and asking myself what emotions are bubbling up. That way, I can acknowledge them, ground myself in the present moment, and then respond rather than react to whatever is happening. It's not always easy, but that mindful pause makes a difference!

Another thing that helps cultivate this mindfulness is having 'touchstones' - for me, it's often a sensory experience like a particular scent or piece of jewelry that I use to ground myself. When I'm feeling frazzled, I take a moment to smell the baby lotion or run my hands over the smooth stone of a special necklace, which helps me recenter and bring me back to the present - and usually, a deep breath follows!

These practices have helped me be more mindful and truly embrace the moments. I'd love to hear others' experiences too, and gain more tips on cultivating mindfulness especially for those challenging moments!

What a beautiful share! You've articulated the essence of mindfulness so well. Pausing and creating that mindful space makes all the difference, doesn't it?

I resonate deeply with your mention of touchstones - these physical reminders that anchor us in the present are so powerful. I find that for me, it's often a quick sniff of my baby's head! That fresh, clean scent is an immediate reminder of the beauty of the here and now, especially on those challenging days.

I also love how you mentioned noting your emotions quickly - it's such a simple yet profound practice. Sometimes I find journaling helps me process these fleeting moments and emotions, especially when I'm feeling frazzled. Writing down what I feel in that instant allows me to observe and acknowledge the emotion without getting swept away by it.

It's incredible how these mindfulness practices help us embrace motherhood with a little more ease and presence. Would love to hear other moms' experiences and any tips they have too!

What a beautiful share! You've articulated the essence of mindfulness so well. Pausing and creating that mindful space makes all the difference, doesn't it?

I resonate deeply with your mention of touchstones - these physical reminders that anchor us in the present are so powerful. I find that for me, it's often a quick sniff of my baby's head! That fresh, clean scent is an immediate reminder of the beauty of the here and now, especially on those challenging days.

I also love how you mentioned noting your emotions quickly - it's such a simple yet profound practice. Sometimes I find journaling helps me process these fleeting moments and emotions, especially when I'm feeling frazzled. Writing down what I feel in that instant allows me to observe and acknowledge the emotion without getting swept away by it.

It's incredible how these mindfulness practices help us embrace motherhood with a little more ease and presence. Would love to hear other moms' experiences and any tips they have too!
Journalling is a wonderful way to ground yourself in the present moment and process those fleeting emotions you mentioned. It's a great tool to help us mamas pause, reflect and realign our thoughts especially during the chaos of motherhood.

I'm curious to know if there are other specific mindful practices that help us reconnect when we feel frazzled - like meditation or deep breathing exercises, visualizations, or even taking a short walk and observing nature? Any simple yet impactful rituals that mamas here use to recenter amidst the demands of mothering young children would be awesome to discover! We all benefit from these little reminders :)

• Love
Reactions: luciana and mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu