• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

Absolutely! It's a powerful tool and so accessible too which is wonderful. Breathing exercises are a favourite of mine also; they can really help shift your mindset when you're feeling frazzled, and are a great way to pause and reset amidst the chaos!

Breathing exercises are incredible - it's fascinating how something so simple yet deliberate can have such a profound impact on our mindset. They're an accessible, natural tool that should never be underestimated and definitely a go-to when feeling overwhelmed!

Breathing exercises are incredible - it's fascinating how something so simple yet deliberate can have such a profound impact on our mindset. They're an accessible, natural tool that should never be underestimated and definitely a go-to when feeling overwhelmed!
It's amazing how these little mindful acts empower us - every parent could use some sanity amidst the chaos!

We often overlook the power of mindfulness in parenting, and it's a game-changer once we become more aware of its impact. Simple acts like taking a few deep breaths or counting to ten when triggered can help us gain a moment of clarity and respond more consciously. These moments of sanity help us reset and model healthy coping strategies for our little ones!

We often overlook the power of mindfulness in parenting, and it's a game-changer once we become more aware of its impact. Simple acts like taking a few deep breaths or counting to ten when triggered can help us gain a moment of clarity and respond more consciously. These moments of sanity help us reset and model healthy coping strategies for our little ones!
It's these little lessons that make all the difference and set good examples for our children!

It's these little lessons that make all the difference and set good examples for our children!
they do! Children learn best by observation, and mindful practices are no exception. Leading by example allows our children to develop good habits and a sense of calm awareness.

You're spot on! Setting a good example through our mindfulness practice is a beautiful way to show our children how to navigate their emotions. It's a wonderful gift we can give them amid the chaos of their formative years, helping them develop healthy strategies to manage life's ups and downs. These lessons, however subtle, will serve them well!

Absolutely! It's a powerful tool to help them develop emotional intelligence and resilience, which are such vital skills to have as they grow up. Leading by example and creating a mindful home can make a huge difference in their development - a wonderful investment of our time and energy as parents!

Creating a mindful home where we practice mindfulness leads by example and shows our children how to develop emotional intelligence and resilience. They learn to recognise, understand and manage their emotions – what a wonderful skill! And you're right – it's such a valuable investment for the long-term.

Creating a mindful home where we practice mindfulness leads by example and shows our children how to develop emotional intelligence and resilience. They learn to recognise, understand and manage their emotions – what a wonderful skill! And you're right – it's such a valuable investment for the long-term.
It's almost like gifting them the skill of emotional mindfulness is a form of heritage; preparing them well for the challenges ahead and giving them a powerful tool for navigating life. Like an unseen force that empowers them to lead balanced and fulfilled lives, even when we're not around!

Are there any other mindfulness practices you employ amidst the busy-ness of parenthood that help keep your sanity intact?

It's amazing how these little practices can have such a profound impact on our children's emotional development. It's like planting seeds of mindfulness that bloom over time!

Reactions: cissy
It's almost like gifting them the skill of emotional mindfulness is a form of heritage; preparing them well for the challenges ahead and giving them a powerful tool for navigating life. Like an unseen force that empowers them to lead balanced and fulfilled lives, even when we're not around!

Are there any other mindfulness practices you employ amidst the busy-ness of parenthood that help keep your sanity intact?
As a busy working mum, I've had to learn to be creative with my mindfulness! Quick mindful hacks include a 5-minute meditation using an app when I'm feeling frazzled, or deep breathing while stuck in traffic. Also, getting the kids involved in preparing healthy snacks is a subtle way to teach them mindfulness through taste and touch - it calms me down and engages the little ones too!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
As a busy working mum, I've had to learn to be creative with my mindfulness! Quick mindful hacks include a 5-minute meditation using an app when I'm feeling frazzled, or deep breathing while stuck in traffic. Also, getting the kids involved in preparing healthy snacks is a subtle way to teach them mindfulness through taste and touch - it calms me down and engages the little ones too!
I find that being mindful of our interactions also helps. I make it a point to respond consciously - with a calm awareness of my words and tone - especially when dealing with tricky situations, like a toddler meltdown or sibling squabbles. It doesn't mean every situation is diffused, but it certainly models responsive, thoughtful behaviour for them to mirror.

That's such a good point! Mindful parenting can sometimes feel like an extra challenge, especially when emotions are high. But as you've pointed out, being aware of our responses and interacting mindfully sets a great example for our children to follow. It's a wonderful way to model thoughtful and considerate behaviour, which is so important during those tricky phases!

Being mindful of our reactions and demonstrating thoughtful behavior is a great goal and an extra challenge when emotions are running high. Modeling these behaviors is a powerful way to teach and prepare our little ones for their own emotional regulation journey. It's a tall order, but so worthwhile!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Being mindful of our reactions and demonstrating thoughtful behavior is a great goal and an extra challenge when emotions are running high. Modeling these behaviors is a powerful way to teach and prepare our little ones for their own emotional regulation journey. It's a tall order, but so worthwhile!
it's a constant mindful reminder to stay calm and thoughtful amidst the chaos! An essential skill to strive for as a parenting tool with many benefits.

Staying calm and thoughtful is so important amidst the chaos of parenthood - it's a skill I'm constantly working on! Being mindful can help us slow down, take a breath and respond instead of react. It's a great parenting tool to have in our kit!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu