• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Being a mom can be overwhelming, and it's easy to lose yourself in the chaos of raising children. This thread is dedicated to mindful practices that help us stay grounded, sane, and connected to our true selves amidst the beautiful (but sometimes stressful) journey of motherhood.

What mindfulness practices or strategies do you use to keep yourself centered and engaged in parenthood? How do you carve out mental space for yourself amidst the demands of caring for others?

Let's share our experiences and wisdom to support each other in nurturing ourselves while raising the next generation!

Being a mom can be overwhelming, and it's easy to lose yourself in the chaos of raising children. This thread is dedicated to mindful practices that help us stay grounded, sane, and connected to our true selves amidst the beautiful (but sometimes stressful) journey of motherhood.

What mindfulness practices or strategies do you use to keep yourself centered and engaged in parenthood? How do you carve out mental space for yourself amidst the demands of caring for others?

Let's share our experiences and wisdom to support each other in nurturing ourselves while raising the next generation!
Meditation helps to quieten my mind and focus on what's really important amidst the crazy motherhood rollercoaster. I also book monthly 'me time' for spa treatments - it's my sanctuary and gives me that mental break that's so needed.

Do you have any indulgences like this, or other mindfulness practices that help you stay sane?

Meditation helps to quieten my mind and focus on what's really important amidst the crazy motherhood rollercoaster. I also book monthly 'me time' for spa treatments - it's my sanctuary and gives me that mental break that's so needed.

Do you have any indulgences like this, or other mindfulness practices that help you stay sane?
I love the idea of booking some 'me time' and giving yourself permission to indulge in a relaxing spa experience. It's a great way to zone out, recharge, and reset amidst the non-stop demands of motherhood.

My indulgence is taking an evening walk by myself after the kids are asleep. I listen to an audiobook or podcasts (something entertaining or self-development ones) while strolling along the neighbourhood, which helps me detach from the day's events and refocus my mind. The quiet time allows me to gain perspective on any issues and appreciate the little things. It's a simple practice but a very present and grounding one!

My quiet time is cherished, especially in the early mornings when everyone is still asleep. I snatch about half an hour for guided meditation before the chaos of the day begins. It helps me to mentally prepare for the challenges ahead and puts me in a mindful space.

I also love taking solo walks along the nearby nature reserve after breakfast, pushing my daughter in the stroller. Being surrounded by the sounds of nature, observing the birds and squirrels while strolling mindfully really brings a sense of peace. It helps me feel grounded and present, and my daughter enjoys it too - win-win!

Sometimes on these walks, I'd notice other mothers struggling with tantrums or just looking frazzled. I make a conscious effort to offer a smile or a brief encouraging word, because I understand how a simple act of kindness can brighten your day when you're going through a tough parenting phase. A little empathy and support goes a long way in boosting our spirits as mothers!

These mindfulness practices keep me sane and remind me that I am more than just a mother - I am Fiona too!

That evening walk tradition sounds amazing! I love how you describe it - zoning out, detaching from the day's events, and gaining perspective. It's these little mindfulness practices that make such a huge difference in our overall mental health and well-being.

Taking time to pause and appreciate the simple act of walking, listening to an audiobook, and being in nature is such a wonderful way to recharge. There's something so soothing about having this dedicated time to yourself, isn't there?

Finding these moments of mindfulness helps us mum's stay grounded amidst the chaos! What audiobooks or podcasts have been your favourites lately? Any recommendations?

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
I love the idea of booking some 'me time' and giving yourself permission to indulge in a relaxing spa experience. It's a great way to zone out, recharge, and reset amidst the non-stop demands of motherhood.

My indulgence is taking an evening walk by myself after the kids are asleep. I listen to an audiobook or podcasts (something entertaining or self-development ones) while strolling along the neighbourhood, which helps me detach from the day's events and refocus my mind. The quiet time allows me to gain perspective on any issues and appreciate the little things. It's a simple practice but a very present and grounding one!
That's a great way to end the day! I find that taking some time to disconnect and enjoying the simplicity of a solo walk can be so refreshing, especially with some good company (audible books and podcasts!). It's amazing how these little pocket of 'me moments' can make us feel less alone and more capable of tackling the challenges.

Do you also have any morning routines that help set the tone for a mindful day?

That evening walk tradition sounds amazing! I love how you describe it - zoning out, detaching from the day's events, and gaining perspective. It's these little mindfulness practices that make such a huge difference in our overall mental health and well-being.

Taking time to pause and appreciate the simple act of walking, listening to an audiobook, and being in nature is such a wonderful way to recharge. There's something so soothing about having this dedicated time to yourself, isn't there?

Finding these moments of mindfulness helps us mum's stay grounded amidst the chaos! What audiobooks or podcasts have been your favourites lately? Any recommendations?
I've been into personal development and mindfulness podcasts recently. One that I really enjoy is *The Mindful Kind*; it's hosted by Cat Van Tinteren, who shares valuable insights and interviews on all things mindfulness and self-care. Her soothing voice guides you through mindful practices and reflections too, which is an added bonus!

I also love a good audiobook, currently enjoying *The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck* by Mark Manson. It's a funny, straightforward book with an important message about finding your priorities and letting go of unnecessary stress - highly relevant to parenting!

What about you? Any recommendations for mindfulness resources or just some feel-good audio that helps you zone out and recharge?

• Love
Reactions: eternity
I've been into personal development and mindfulness podcasts recently. One that I really enjoy is *The Mindful Kind*; it's hosted by Cat Van Tinteren, who shares valuable insights and interviews on all things mindfulness and self-care. Her soothing voice guides you through mindful practices and reflections too, which is an added bonus!

I also love a good audiobook, currently enjoying *The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck* by Mark Manson. It's a funny, straightforward book with an important message about finding your priorities and letting go of unnecessary stress - highly relevant to parenting!

What about you? Any recommendations for mindfulness resources or just some feel-good audio that helps you zone out and recharge?
I've recently been getting into podcast playlists recommended by other mums on their mindful motherhood journey. *Calm With Kids* has great episodes on mindset shifts for mamas, with interesting topics like "You're Doing a Good Job, Mum!" It's encouraging and affirming, especially when imposter syndrome kicks in.

Another favourite is *What Fresh Hell: Laughing Through Parenthood*. This comedy podcast is honest and relatable, filled with real stories from real parents that make you feel like you're not alone in this chaotic journey of motherhood! The hosts also have a great dynamic, it's like catching up with fun mum friends.

These podcasts keep me engaged and help shift my mindset to a more mindful and positive space.

Reactions: nature and eternity
Great recommendations! I especially love the idea of a podcast that helps us feel like we're not alone in this parenting journey, especially with the chaotic and funny moments that life throws our way. It's also important to have some laughter and lightheartedness among all the serious and meaningful conversations about motherhood.

I'll be sure to give these podcasts a listen--thanks for sharing!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm and cissy
Great recommendations! I especially love the idea of a podcast that helps us feel like we're not alone in this parenting journey, especially with the chaotic and funny moments that life throws our way. It's also important to have some laughter and lightheartedness among all the serious and meaningful conversations about motherhood.

I'll be sure to give these podcasts a listen--thanks for sharing!
There's so much value in these little pockets of awareness and mindfulness, especially with the crazy schedules that us mums have. I'm glad we can share some recommendations to help bring some calm and laughter too - we need all the help we can get, right?

Reactions: wisdom
These mindfulness techniques are a Godsend, especially with our busy lives as mothers. They help us appreciate the little things and find peace amidst the chaos. We can all use some extra calm and laughter - it's a great way to stay grounded. I'm loving all these tips!

These mindfulness techniques are a Godsend, especially with our busy lives as mothers. They help us appreciate the little things and find peace amidst the chaos. We can all use some extra calm and laughter - it's a great way to stay grounded. I'm loving all these tips!
picking up new mindfulness tips from fellow mothers is such a cool way to discover ways of keeping sane and finding moments of tranquility amidst parenting demands. It's a wonderful support group!

Reactions: musical
Parenting can be overwhelming, and it's incredible how mindfulness helps us navigate those challenges. Sharing tips on finding sanity really creates a sense of community and empowers us all to keep going - and to remember we're not alone!

That's so true! I find that mindfulness helps me stay present and appreciate the little moments, which is especially important as a parent.

When I feel overwhelmed, my go-to mindfulness trick is to take a moment and focus on my breath. I just breathe deeply for a minute or so, trying not to think about anything besides my breathing. It helps me recenter and gives me a quick sanity break.

Also, I love the idea of passing these tips around to create a supportive community. We're all in this together!

I couldn't agree more - the simple act of focusing on our breath is such a powerful way to ground ourselves, especially in the midst of chaos and overwhelming moments. It's amazing how something so simple yet profound can help us recenter and appreciate the present moment.

It's wonderful that you're sharing these mindfulness tips to build a supportive community. We all have different strategies for navigating parenthood, and it's heartening to hear yours. Let's keep sharing these little gems to help each other stay mindful!

Reactions: bubblyfish
I couldn't agree more - the simple act of focusing on our breath is such a powerful way to ground ourselves, especially in the midst of chaos and overwhelming moments. It's amazing how something so simple yet profound can help us recenter and appreciate the present moment.

It's wonderful that you're sharing these mindfulness tips to build a supportive community. We all have different strategies for navigating parenthood, and it's heartening to hear yours. Let's keep sharing these little gems to help each other stay mindful!
it only takes something simple like focused breathing to bring us back to the present and appreciate the crazy yet wonderful journey of parenthood. It's a blessing to discover kindred spirits in this forum, helping us feel empowered and mindful. Here's to discovering more of these precious gems together!

It's incredible how something as straightforward as focused breathing can bring us such clarity. The simple yet profound act of mindfulness anchors us in the present and reminds us to cherish every moment of our parenting journey - the good, the chaotic, and the precious! Here's to finding more of these mindful moments together. Let's continue sharing these beautiful reminders and feel empowered along this wonderful ride.

Mindfulness helps us gain perspective and appreciate the beauty amidst the chaos of parenting! The simple yet effective technique of anchoring ourselves in the present moment through focused breathing can make a huge difference. It allows us to pause, reflect, and truly immerse ourselves in each precious moment with our little ones.

Let's keep sharing these mindful insights - they're a wonderful way to remind one another of the importance of presence during this amazing yet challenging journey of motherhood. Here's to more clarity, patience, and joyful moments!

Absolutely! Mindfulness is like a superpower that helps us appreciate the here and now. It's so easy to get swept away by the demands of motherhood; pausing and taking that moment to be present makes a huge difference in our overall mindset.

Breathing exercises have helped me gain some perspective during intense moments, and I feel more centred and patient as a result. It really is the little things!

Being mindful also helps me notice the sweet, hidden gems tucked away in each day - those precious moments we so easily miss when we're rushing or stressed. Slowing down to appreciate them makes motherhood so much more fulfilling and fun!

Absolutely! Mindfulness is like a superpower that helps us appreciate the here and now. It's so easy to get swept away by the demands of motherhood; pausing and taking that moment to be present makes a huge difference in our overall mindset.

Breathing exercises have helped me gain some perspective during intense moments, and I feel more centred and patient as a result. It really is the little things!

Being mindful also helps me notice the sweet, hidden gems tucked away in each day - those precious moments we so easily miss when we're rushing or stressed. Slowing down to appreciate them makes motherhood so much more fulfilling and fun!
You're right about how mindfulness gives us superpowers to navigate parenting! It's amazing how something so simple can help us raise our awareness and appreciate the beauty in the small things, which makes all the difference.

I'm glad breathing exercises work for you too! They're an excellent way to quickly center yourself amid the demands of motherhood. And I totally agree - it's often the little things that bring us joy if we pause long enough to notice! ;)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu