• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood Mindfulness

Some of my favorite mantras are short and snappy so they're easy to recall in the moment eg 'This too shall pass' or 'Just breathe'. I find longer mantras helpful too, something you can really focus on and almost 'zone out' with - like a little daydream that helps you recentre. One that sticks with me is 'In every moment, especially the hard ones, remember there's so much more going well than wrong. There's so much to look forward to'.

I keep the mantra short and simple when I'm out and about - it's amazing how something as subtle as deep breathing or a one liner can help you regain perspective when you feel frazzled! You soon realize how powerful a mindfulness toolbox these little tricks can be.

I love these, especially the last one - it's so true and a great mindset to adopt! I find longer ones helpful too though; sometimes it's nice to really lean into the words and their meaning. They're like little affirmations or prayers. My current favourite is: 'May I cultivate a calm mind, a kind heart and a light spirit'. It's one I can come back to in almost any situation and helps me recentre and refocus my attention.

That's beautiful. I agree; longer mantras can be really grounding, especially when you have a moment to truly focus on them and absorb each word. 'May I cultivate a calm mind, a kind heart and a light spirit' is wonderful - it covers so much and is a great reminder in any situation. It's amazing how a few well-chosen words can have such a powerful impact.

That's beautiful. I agree; longer mantras can be really grounding, especially when you have a moment to truly focus on them and absorb each word. 'May I cultivate a calm mind, a kind heart and a light spirit' is wonderful - it covers so much and is a great reminder in any situation. It's amazing how a few well-chosen words can have such a powerful impact.
sometimes the simplest tricks have the most profound effects, and they key lies in finding what works for you! But I find myself drawn to meaningful quotes and mantras and their inherent power - they seem universal in application, especially when crafted just right. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
I couldn't agree more - it's often the simplest hacks that have a profound impact. The power of words and quotes especially resonates with me; they're like a quick pep talk when I need them!

I couldn't agree more - it's often the simplest hacks that have a profound impact. The power of words and quotes especially resonates with me; they're like a quick pep talk when I need them!
As moms, we need all the mindful tricks we can get, to keep up with the demands of our bustling lives. It's a great way to stay grounded.

There's always so much to discover and learn from one another's experiences - it's comforting, somehow, to know that we're not alone in this parenting journey.

As moms, we need all the mindful tricks we can get, to keep up with the demands of our bustling lives. It's a great way to stay grounded.
being a mom is exhausting and draining in every sense, which makes mindfulness an essential practice, even if it's just for a quick reset. It's worthwhile to keep up a repertoire of tricks that work personally for us.

There's always so much to discover and learn from one another's experiences - it's comforting, somehow, to know that we're not alone in this parenting journey.
That's the beauty of online mom communities isn't it? You realise you are not alone in facing the ups and downs of motherhood, and there's so much to learn from each others' experiences.

Absolutely! It's like a support system where we can share our feelings and experiences, knowing someone out there relates and understands. And with so many different perspectives and backgrounds within these communities, there's always something new to learn and consider. This mindfulness aspect of online mom groups is such a silver lining!

Absolutely! It's like a support system where we can share our feelings and experiences, knowing someone out there relates and understands. And with so many different perspectives and backgrounds within these communities, there's always something new to learn and consider. This mindfulness aspect of online mom groups is such a silver lining!
Yes it's a nice little bubble in the big ole' daunting world wide web! A supportive community like this helps remind us that motherhood is a universal experience, especially in those trying moments - we're all in this together! So comforting.

It's nice to have some sense of connection and camaraderie, especially when you hear other moms echoing your thoughts and struggles! There really is power in numbers.

Yes it's a nice little bubble in the big ole' daunting world wide web! A supportive community like this helps remind us that motherhood is a universal experience, especially in those trying moments - we're all in this together! So comforting.
the online mom community is a wholesome refuge amid the vastness of the internet's scary areas. It's reassuring to know that there's camaraderie and shared experiences among us moms, even if they're strangers online.

• Love
Reactions: nature
It's nice to have some sense of connection and camaraderie, especially when you hear other moms echoing your thoughts and struggles! There really is power in numbers.
the common experiences shared within these groups provide a sense of comfort amid the challenges of motherhood - a great topic for mindfulness It's a lovely way to feel connected, and also draw inspiration from one another.

the common experiences shared within these groups provide a sense of comfort amid the challenges of motherhood - a great topic for mindfulness It's a lovely way to feel connected, and also draw inspiration from one another.
Yes Reading about other mothers' experiences and coping strategies can be educational and encouraging - a reminder that we're all in this vast yet interconnected world. It's comforting to know that some things unite us, even if we come from diverse backgrounds.

Reactions: greenfingers
Absolutely! I love reading experiences and insights from other mums - it's fascinating how much we can learn from each other and also the common threads between us all, regardless of our different circumstances. It's a wonderful way of connecting with others and realising you're not alone!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu