• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Me-Time

I totally agree! Recharging, reflecting, and resetting are essential, especially as mums, to stay sane and appreciate our lives better. Does anyone else here have young toddlers running amok? The incessant demands and energy required to keep up can be draining! Little rituals like these help me stay grounded. (I hope I'm not the only one!)
I can definitely relate! My five-year-old's nonstop energy and curious shenanigans keep me on my toes as well. Those little moments of tranquility, like journaling, are sanity savers!

I totally agree! Recharging, reflecting, and resetting are essential, especially as mums, to stay sane and appreciate our lives better. Does anyone else here have young toddlers running amok? The incessant demands and energy required to keep up can be draining! Little rituals like these help me stay grounded. (I hope I'm not the only one!)
You're not alone! Many mothers of young children are often drained from the endless demands and high-energy tot running circles around them. It's okay and natural to feel that way. Having said that, it's important we try to recharge however we can because our little ones demand our full attention. little rituals like journaling can go a long way in helping us stay focused and present for our loved ones.

The juggle is real! It's so important to find time for ourselves to recharge, even little pockets of me-time help. I've taken up painting - nothing fancy, just adult colouring-in really but it helps me zone out and focus which is refreshing. What are some other little rituals that help you stay grounded mama bears?

As a mum of 3 young children, me-time is a rare delicacy! But I've found that going for an early morning walk before anyone else is awake helps clear my mind and set a peaceful tone for the day. I come home and feel like I've already accomplished something - plus it's amazing to watch the sunrise and hear the birds waking up. Also, an evening bath can be such a treat...a long soak with some aromatherapy oils or salts feels luxurious and is a great way to unwind after a busy day.

As a mum of 3 young children, me-time is a rare delicacy! But I've found that going for an early morning walk before anyone else is awake helps clear my mind and set a peaceful tone for the day. I come home and feel like I've already accomplished something - plus it's amazing to watch the sunrise and hear the birds waking up. Also, an evening bath can be such a treat...a long soak with some aromatherapy oils or salts feels luxurious and is a great way to unwind after a busy day.
It's these little moments that help keep me grounded and centered!

• Love
Reactions: nature and musical
Evening baths are such a relaxing me-time activity! I've been getting my kids involved in my post-dinner baths too haha - my four-year-old especially loves playing with the bubbles and making it into a little spa session! It's a special mama-child bonding moment that helps me unwind while keeping them entertained. Win-win situation! But I do relish the idea of one day having a long, peaceful soak without any tiny disruption, haha! Morning walks sound refreshing too; might need to plan one soon!

It's these little moments that help keep me grounded and centered!
They say luxury is in those small moments of peace and I couldn't agree more! It's these quiet, simple rituals that help us recenter and refocus amidst the chaos of our demanding roles as moms.

Evening baths are such a relaxing me-time activity! I've been getting my kids involved in my post-dinner baths too haha - my four-year-old especially loves playing with the bubbles and making it into a little spa session! It's a special mama-child bonding moment that helps me unwind while keeping them entertained. Win-win situation! But I do relish the idea of one day having a long, peaceful soak without any tiny disruption, haha! Morning walks sound refreshing too; might need to plan one soon!
That sounds like quality family time and precious moments creating special memories with your little ones! When they're grown, those will be precious times cherished. For now, enjoy these interrupted but loving moments!

That sounds like quality family time and precious moments creating special memories with your little ones! When they're grown, those will be precious times cherished. For now, enjoy these interrupted but loving moments!
As a mum, I'm always exhausted and crave me-time, yet when I finally have some alone time, I often feel a little lost and end up doing nothing. Do you have suggestions for actual solo activities I can do during my quiet time that will help recharge and recenter? Ideally something simple that doesn't require too much planning or equipment!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu