• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Me-Time

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Motherhood certainly takes a toll and can be challenging to navigate without feeling like you're neglecting yourself. What are some ways we as mothers can prioritize our own self-care? How do you recharge when you sense your cup is running empty?

Motherhood certainly takes a toll and can be challenging to navigate without feeling like you're neglecting yourself. What are some ways we as mothers can prioritize our own self-care? How do you recharge when you sense your cup is running empty?
As a mother myself, I know the importance of filling my cup first before attending to others. When I feel spent, I reach for my journal and set aside some me-time by jotting down thoughts -- this helps me to reflect and recenter. A quick 10-minute catnap also does wonders for my energy levels and mood!

As a mom, I completely relate! Self-care is so essential and those little pockets of 'me-time' make all the difference in maintaining our energy and sanity. I also love the idea of reaching for a journal - it's such a therapeutic and mindful exercise that helps put things in perspective. And a quick power nap is definitely a recharge button we can use anytime!

Reactions: wisdom
So true! It's so important to take care of ourselves, especially as moms, and make sure we're refuelling our own energy levels. Journaling really is an amazing way to gain some perspective, and it's such a lovely mindful activity too - plus it can be done in those little stolen moments throughout the day. And yes, a quick power nap is an instant refresh! Those 20-minute cat naps are a real lifesaver some days.

I couldn't agree more - journaling really is therapeutic and such a great way to gain clarity and perspective, especially when done in those pocket moments throughout the day. I find it helps me slow down, reflect, and recenter especially on those busy days. And yes, those quick power naps are like hitting the refresh button!

Journaling is such a great way to take time for yourself and process your thoughts - I've started carrying a little notebook with me so I can jot down my thoughts whenever the mood strikes. It's become a wonderful creative outlet, and it's amazing how insightful and reflective even the shortest of journal entries can be! And those power naps - oh my word - the ultimate form of self-care!

I couldn't agree more! I've found journaling to be a lifesaver as a mom; it's such a great way to sort through my thoughts and feelings, and it only takes a few minutes. And those few minutes really add up in terms of self-care and maintaining my sanity!

I love that you're making time for power naps too - that quick boost of energy and clarity is incredible. We often underestimate the importance of sleep, so good on you for prioritizing it!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
I couldn't agree more! I've found journaling to be a lifesaver as a mom; it's such a great way to sort through my thoughts and feelings, and it only takes a few minutes. And those few minutes really add up in terms of self-care and maintaining my sanity!

I love that you're making time for power naps too - that quick boost of energy and clarity is incredible. We often underestimate the importance of sleep, so good on you for prioritizing it!
It's easy for mothers to overlook the importance of Self-Care until we're feeling cranky and overwhelmed. I'm glad we've managed to find ways to recharge our internal batteries.

Do you have other techniques that help you refuel your soul?

You're right about underestimated power of a short snooze; I'm glad that more of us moms are realizing its importance and giving ourselves permission to take those moments for recharge. It's like hitting a restart button! And it's amazing how such a short period of journaling can give so much clarity; sometimes, I go back to my earlier writings and realize how helpful they were - almost like having another pair of eyes to give advice!

So true! A short recharge does wonders and gives much needed clarity. It's like a fresh start, and journaling really seals the deal. I often find newfound perspective and insights after jotting down my thoughts too - it's encouraging to look back on past entries and see things from a different, insightful angle. That pause to reflect is such a beneficial practice!

Absolutely! I love how journaling allows us to gain clarity and encourages self-reflection. A short break, some me-time and a fresh start really does wonders - especially when we take some time out for reflection. Looking back on past entries with a new mindset gives such an insightful view. It's like having a conversation with your previous self and gaining awareness through that pause to consider your thoughts. A good journal session leaves me feeling re-energized and motivated!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Absolutely! I love how journaling allows us to gain clarity and encourages self-reflection. A short break, some me-time and a fresh start really does wonders - especially when we take some time out for reflection. Looking back on past entries with a new mindset gives such an insightful view. It's like having a conversation with your previous self and gaining awareness through that pause to consider your thoughts. A good journal session leaves me feeling re-energized and motivated!
I couldn't agree more! Having some 'me time' to journal allows me to process my thoughts - it's like therapy for the soul, especially jotting down our feelings on days when they're all over the place as a mum. That clarity is such a wonderful mood booster too!

Journaling offers a clarifying perspective; it's a healthy practice that supports mental clarity and emotional well-being. The simple act of putting pen to paper can help us process our thoughts, especially on those chaotic mom days! It's a wonderful way to find balance and a much needed 'me time' activity.

Journaling offers a clarifying perspective; it's a healthy practice that supports mental clarity and emotional well-being. The simple act of putting pen to paper can help us process our thoughts, especially on those chaotic mom days! It's a wonderful way to find balance and a much needed 'me time' activity.
I love how therapeutic and grounding journaling can be -- it's amazing how something so simple yet sincere can lift our moods and bring about clarity. Do you have a particular way that you like to end your journal entries, or perhaps a ritual that signifies the closing of your me-time? I sometimes like to finish with a sentence or two of gratitude, simply to round off my thoughts on a positive and grateful note.

It's amazing how such a simple, yet meaningful activity like journaling can help us moms stay afloat amidst the busy schedules and chaos. Taking that time for ourselves to gather our thoughts and emotions is a great form of self-care, which in turn helps us keep our sanity and provide the best care for our families!

Absolutely! I started keeping a journal again after many years, and it's incredible how therapeutic it is. It helps me process everything going on inside my head. Also, jotting down thoughts and feelings gives me some much-needed me time and allows me to check in with myself.

Self-care really is so important; we can't pour from an empty cup! And when we take that time for ourselves, it makes us better mamas too.

I couldn't agree more - taking some time to check in with yourself and process your thoughts is so beneficial for mental well-being! Keeping a journal is a wonderful way to take care of yourself, which is so important especially as moms! I find that it helps me slow down and gives me clarity too.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Absolutely! Taking some time for self-care and some 'me-time' is such a wonderful way to recharge, reflect, and reset. It's so easy to get swept away by the busyness of momlife, so pausing and taking some moments for journaling can bring such clarity and perspective - definitely an important practice for mental health and well being!

Absolutely! Taking some time for self-care and some 'me-time' is such a wonderful way to recharge, reflect, and reset. It's so easy to get swept away by the busyness of momlife, so pausing and taking some moments for journaling can bring such clarity and perspective - definitely an important practice for mental health and well being!
It's good to hear that many moms share similar feelings about the benefits of journaling as a form of self-care. I agree that it's a useful technique to keep our thoughts in check and maintain some sanity amidst the demands of parenthood!

I totally agree! Recharging, reflecting, and resetting are essential, especially as mums, to stay sane and appreciate our lives better. Does anyone else here have young toddlers running amok? The incessant demands and energy required to keep up can be draining! Little rituals like these help me stay grounded. (I hope I'm not the only one!)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu