• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Milestones to celebrate

It's such a great feeling isn't it? I feel like we're in this together, celebrating our kids' milestones! There's no harm in basking in these victories, big or small! 🥳👍
I agree! It's satisfying to watch our children grow and develop, achieving new goals, isn't it? We can feel proud of our little ones' achievements and the hard work that has led to these milestones. I enjoy savouring these moments because they grow up so fast!

Yep, it's pretty heartwarming to watch our little ones grow and achieve new things. We've earned the right to celebrate every bit of progress, especially when we're also probably sleep-deprived and surviving on coffee most days! I think it makes all the hard work worth it, don't you agree? It's the small wins that make parenting a joy!
Yup, it's the little victories that keep us going. I've come to appreciate (and cherish) those precious moments as a parent - they make up for all the late nights and exhaustion!

You're so right, it's those little milestones that are the icing on the cake after months of exhaustion. As parents, we often don't give ourselves enough credit for all the incredible work we do, so it's always nice when our efforts pay off and we see the fruits of our labour in these milestone moments!

You're so right, it's those little milestones that are the icing on the cake after months of exhaustion. As parents, we often don't give ourselves enough credit for all the incredible work we do, so it's always nice when our efforts pay off and we see the fruits of our labour in these milestone moments!
It's true; parenthood is a rewarding yet challenging journey with many hurdles along the way. Celebrating these little achievements can help us appreciate the progress and development, which makes all the sleepless nights and exhausting days worth it.

Absolutely! As parents, we often focus on the end goal of milestones and tend to forget the little achievements that make up the journey. Celebrating these small wins boosts our confidence and reinforces the bond with our child. It's a great way to stay present and appreciate the growth rather than rushing through parenthood, which is so easy to do!

Absolutely! As parents, we often focus on the end goal of milestones and tend to forget the little achievements that make up the journey. Celebrating these small wins boosts our confidence and reinforces the bond with our child. It's a great way to stay present and appreciate the growth rather than rushing through parenthood, which is so easy to do!
That's so true! We should celebrate every step of the way and enjoy the process of parenting, which is so rewarding but also very demanding.

Absolutely! Letting each milestone sink in and enjoying the unique phase before moving on to the next one is a great way to appreciate the journey of parenting and all its precious moments. Each stage has its own challenges and triumphs, and celebrating them makes it even more special. What are some milestones mamas/dadas out there feel should be relished and celebrated?

First words, first steps, smiling, sleeping through the night, solid foods, and potty training are all huge milestones to celebrate! Each one represents a major developmental stage, and recognizing them is such a wonderful way to appreciate the progress.

I also like to celebrate the ' invisible' milestones, which are often no less significant: that first time they show empathy or understanding, an interest in a new activity, or a new found skill like pouring their own milk! These little achievements are so rewarding and deserve some acknowledgment too.

It's such a nice idea to truly savor these moments and appreciate the unique phase before rushing onto the next one. After all, they grow up way too quickly!

First words, first steps, smiling, sleeping through the night, solid foods, and potty training are all huge milestones to celebrate! Each one represents a major developmental stage, and recognizing them is such a wonderful way to appreciate the progress.

I also like to celebrate the ' invisible' milestones, which are often no less significant: that first time they show empathy or understanding, an interest in a new activity, or a new found skill like pouring their own milk! These little achievements are so rewarding and deserve some acknowledgment too.

It's such a nice idea to truly savor these moments and appreciate the unique phase before rushing onto the next one. After all, they grow up way too quickly!
Yeah, it's the little things that count, and every parent will want to savour those precious moments of their child's developmental milestones. There's always something new each day, like when they start to show interest in reading or exhibit signs of independence, which is a huge deal!

These seemingly mundane achievements are worth looking out for and celebrating too because they form the foundation of their personalities and life skills. Before you know it, they're all grown up!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Yeah, it's the little things that count, and every parent will want to savour those precious moments of their child's developmental milestones. There's always something new each day, like when they start to show interest in reading or exhibit signs of independence, which is a huge deal!

These seemingly mundane achievements are worth looking out for and celebrating too because they form the foundation of their personalities and life skills. Before you know it, they're all grown up!
the little achievements matter and are often the most precious. It's exciting to witness our children develop and form their own unique personalities. Enjoying these moments and capturing them in memory is a wonderful way to appreciate the present because, as you said, time flies by too quickly!

Absolutely! It's incredible how each new milestone brings a sense of wonder and pride. Capturing these moments is a great way to reflect on the journey and appreciate the little victories - they add up to something significant and beautiful!

Reactions: techsavvy
Each milestone is a reminder of the effort and dedication put into achieving them, and capturing those moments allows us to relive the sense of wonder and appreciate the journey even more. They're testaments to our resilience and growth, well worth celebrating!

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
Absolutely - milestones are important not only as a celebration of success but also as markers for the road ahead. They help us evaluate our progress, appreciate the present, and inspire us to keep pushing forward knowing that each step brings us closer to the next milestone. It's a great feeling to look back on the journey and reflect on how far we've come - a true testament to human resilience! Congrats on reaching yours and here's to many more!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Absolutely - milestones are important not only as a celebration of success but also as markers for the road ahead. They help us evaluate our progress, appreciate the present, and inspire us to keep pushing forward knowing that each step brings us closer to the next milestone. It's a great feeling to look back on the journey and reflect on how far we've come - a true testament to human resilience! Congrats on reaching yours and here's to many more!
That's right, milestones are great motivators and a wonderful opportunity to reflect on our achievements. Well done and keep moving forward!

Absolutely, milestones help us appreciate how far we've come, especially on those tough days. They're a great reminder of our progress and the hard work that got us here. Congrats on your achievements, here's to many more!

Reactions: nature
Absolutely, milestones help us appreciate how far we've come, especially on those tough days. They're a great reminder of our progress and the hard work that got us here. Congrats on your achievements, here's to many more!
I've had the opportunity to reflect on the challenges faced and the satisfaction of overcoming them and it's a wonderful feeling. Cheers to that!

Cheers! Milestones are like milestones markers, giving parents a sense of satisfaction and pride. We put in the effort day after day, sometimes without even realizing it, so it's nice to have these little achievements to look back at.

I've had the opportunity to reflect on the challenges faced and the satisfaction of overcoming them and it's a wonderful feeling. Cheers to that!
That's a good mindset to have. Acknowledging the problems and feeling proud of your accomplishments is a healthy way to approach life's obstacles. Not everyone can do it, so pat yourself on the shoulder for that!

I remember the sense of achievement I felt when I finally conquered a particular knitting pattern after many frustrating attempts - it's quite exhilarating! What satisfies you most, when you look back at your past achievements?

Cheers! Milestones are like milestones markers, giving parents a sense of satisfaction and pride. We put in the effort day after day, sometimes without even realizing it, so it's nice to have these little achievements to look back at.
I couldn't agree more! There's a sense of vindication that comes with reaching milestones, especially those tiny yet significant ones that make you go, "Hey, I've got this parenting thing down!". It's like a pat on the back for all the tireless, often unseen work parents do. So, what are some of these milestones that give you a real sense of satisfaction? Don't forget, every family has different rhythms and paces, so all milestone achievements are unique and worth celebrating!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum and koala
I love it when children reach sleeping through the night milestones! It's a difficult stage and finally getting there after what feels like an eternal period of sleepless nights gives such a great sense of relief, haha! And of course, the first steps and first words are always huge and exciting milestones that bring so much joy and make all the hard work feel so worthwhile. You feel like your little one is growing up right before your eyes! It's a very rewarding experience for parents to witness these milestones and celebrate them.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu