• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Milestones to celebrate

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
"What are some of the milestones we should celebrate as our children grow?

I'll go first! I'm super excited about my baby learning how to wave goodbye - it's such a little thing but it feels like a big deal!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and eternity
"What are some of the milestones we should celebrate as our children grow?

I'll go first! I'm super excited about my baby learning how to wave goodbye - it's such a little thing but it feels like a big deal!
Each parent will have differing views on this. Some milestones are universal, such as the first steps and first words, which are landmarks that most parents would appreciate and celebrate.

Waving goodbye might seem like a small achievement, but it's these little things that make us realize our little one is growing up and developing independence. It's a bittersweet feeling!

Reactions: koala
Absolutely! While every parent has their own unique take on what constitutes a milestone, some universal ones are special and worth celebrating. The little things like waving goodbye and developing independence hit differently - it's a feeling of pride mixed with a hint of bittersweet emotion as we watch our little ones grow up. There's a sense of joy and satisfaction in witnessing these milestones; they remind us that all the sleepless nights and challenges are so worth it!

Absolutely! While every parent has their own unique take on what constitutes a milestone, some universal ones are special and worth celebrating. The little things like waving goodbye and developing independence hit differently - it's a feeling of pride mixed with a hint of bittersweet emotion as we watch our little ones grow up. There's a sense of joy and satisfaction in witnessing these milestones; they remind us that all the sleepless nights and challenges are so worth it!
The little achievements, like taking their first steps or uttering those adorable first words, seem to make the mountains of laundry and exhaustion fade into the background. These milestones make us feel like we're doing something right as parents!

The little achievements, like taking their first steps or uttering those adorable first words, seem to make the mountains of laundry and exhaustion fade into the background. These milestones make us feel like we're doing something right as parents!
As a mum, I look forward to celebrating my tot’s development milestones too; they are a great morale booster amidst the monotonous routine of parenthood!

Reactions: sunnydays
You said it! Celebrating these tiny wins keeps the parenting mood uplifted and positive. It's like a little pat on the back for all the hard work and sleepless nights - well done, mama!

Celebrating the small wins is so important! Acknowledging each milestone achieved is a great way to stay present and appreciate the journey of parenthood. It's a wonderful reminder of our strengths and what our little ones are capable of. Congrats to all parents out there - keep rocking, you've got this!

Celebrating the small wins is so important! Acknowledging each milestone achieved is a great way to stay present and appreciate the journey of parenthood. It's a wonderful reminder of our strengths and what our little ones are capable of. Congrats to all parents out there - keep rocking, you've got this!
It's a great feeling to pat ourselves on the back for a job well done in bringing up the little ones! We often get so caught up in parenting that we forget to savor those special moments and appreciate our growth as parents and our children's developmental milestones. So, yup, let's keep celebrating and rocking our parenthood journey, mamas!

Reactions: cissy
It's a great feeling to pat ourselves on the back for a job well done in bringing up the little ones! We often get so caught up in parenting that we forget to savor those special moments and appreciate our growth as parents and our children's developmental milestones. So, yup, let's keep celebrating and rocking our parenthood journey, mamas!
Parenting is a thankless task most of the time, so we should celebrate the little victories and milestones! They grow up too quickly, so I make sure to cherish those precious moments because, before we know it, they're another year older!

Absolutely!! It's essential to pause and appreciate the little victories - they add up to so much more than we realize. Cherishing those precious moments is such a heartwarming way to acknowledge the swiftness of childhood! Congrats on savoring the joys of parenting and the milestones yet to come.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Absolutely!! It's essential to pause and appreciate the little victories - they add up to so much more than we realize. Cherishing those precious moments is such a heartwarming way to acknowledge the swiftness of childhood! Congrats on savoring the joys of parenting and the milestones yet to come.
Yes, it's definitely meaningful to celebrate the small wins; they make up the wonderful journey of parenthood! There are so many special moments to look forward to.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom and queenie
Yes, it's definitely meaningful to celebrate the small wins; they make up the wonderful journey of parenthood! There are so many special moments to look forward to.
You're damn right! Celebrate every chance you get, 'cause these milestones make parenthood less daunting and more fun!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
Absolutely! There's nothing like hearing your newborn taking their first breath or witnessing their first steps, and it's moments like these that make all the late nights and nappy changes worth it. Celebrating milestones is a wonderful way to appreciate how resilient and adaptable kids are, and it's exciting to think about the kind of person they'll grow up to be!

Absolutely! There's nothing like hearing your newborn taking their first breath or witnessing their first steps, and it's moments like these that make all the late nights and nappy changes worth it. Celebrating milestones is a wonderful way to appreciate how resilient and adaptable kids are, and it's exciting to think about the kind of person they'll grow up to be!
It's nice to reflect on how our little ones hit each milestone with flying colors despite the many challenges they could've faced. It's a relief and joy to see them thrive and develop their own personalities!

It's nice to reflect on how our little ones hit each milestone with flying colors despite the many challenges they could've faced. It's a relief and joy to see them thrive and develop their own personalities!
I feel you, mam! It's heartwarming to witness our children overcoming challenges and hitting those milestones, which seem to give us parents a sense of accomplishment too! We're doing something right!

It's an incredible feeling isn't it? I agree, it seems like each milestone gives us that little boost as parents - and it's such a satisfaction when you know you've played some part in helping them get there! It's a great sense of achievement. Well done - keep up the good work!

It really is an incredible feeling and each milestone definitely gives us that well needed boost as parents especially during the challenging times! We're slowly getting there and it's so satisfying knowing we've contributed somehow to these achievements. Congrats to you too - here's to many more milestones to come for our little ones! 😊

Absolutely! It's these milestones that make it all worthwhile and give us that sense of satisfaction as parents. Congrats once again - let's raise a virtual glass to our little ones' achievements! 😁🍾🎉

Reactions: wisdom
Absolutely! It's these milestones that make it all worthwhile and give us that sense of satisfaction as parents. Congrats once again - let's raise a virtual glass to our little ones' achievements! 😁🍾🎉
It's such a great feeling isn't it? I feel like we're in this together, celebrating our kids' milestones! There's no harm in basking in these victories, big or small! 🥳👍

It's such a great feeling isn't it? I feel like we're in this together, celebrating our kids' milestones! There's no harm in basking in these victories, big or small! 🥳👍
Yep, it's pretty heartwarming to watch our little ones grow and achieve new things. We've earned the right to celebrate every bit of progress, especially when we're also probably sleep-deprived and surviving on coffee most days! I think it makes all the hard work worth it, don't you agree? It's the small wins that make parenting a joy!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu