• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Meal Planning Ideas

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Meal Planning Ideas

I'm looking for some new ideas to spice up my meal planning routine. I'd love to hear about your go-to strategies for mixing and matching different ingredients, cooking methods, and flavor profiles.

Some specific areas I'd like to explore are:

* Different ways to incorporate leftovers into new meals
* Meal prep tips for busy weeknights
* Easy substitutions for common ingredients (e.g. dairy-free or gluten-free alternatives)
* Interesting international cuisines to draw inspiration from

Let's get the conversation started - what do you like to mix and match in your meal planning?

One idea I've found helpful is to create a "pantry basket" – a virtual or real container where you store a selection of miscellaneous ingredients, like spices, nuts, seeds, and dried fruits, that can add excitement and variety to your meals. This approach encourages experimentation and creativity with flavors.

For example, you might start with a base ingredient like chicken, then look at what's in your basket and think about how the different items could complement or contrast with it. You can mix and match ingredients from previous meals to create something new, or use them as inspiration for a dish that's entirely your own creation.

This method helps keep meal planning feeling fresh and allows you to draw on a diverse range of flavors and techniques without getting stuck in a rut. What about using different cooking methods? Do you have any tips for combining grilling, baking, sautéing, or other techniques in one meal that actually works?'

• Love
Reactions: wisdom

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu