• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Meal Planning Ideas

That soup sounds incredible! I've never had Moroccan chicken soup but your description has me intrigued - what other flavours are in it? Maybe some cumin and cinnamon, with a hint of citrus to brighten it up?

It is hard to choose when there's so much variety. Meal planning can be fun when you think about all the amazing meals you could make, but it can also be totally overwhelming!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
There are some awesome flavours buzzing around in that soup! It's a pretty simple blend, but the ras el hanout gives it a lovely warmth and depth of flavour - cumin and cinnamon are two of the spices in it traditionally, so you've got a good nose! I also add ginger and turmeric for a little kick and lots of coriander and parsley. The preserved lemons brighten it up beautifully too, such a delicious fragrant soup - great guess!

It is overwhelming isn't it though? So many recipes, so little time! But fun too - like choosing what to eat at a massive food market!

That soup sounds incredible - I'm a huge fan of spicy food and all those aromatic spices! I always find it's a great way to transport you to another place without even leaving your kitchen.

Preserved lemons are such a great discovery too - they add so much depth and a wonderful saltiness. It does feel like a delicious, exotic food market - so many amazing flavours and aromas.

Spicy soup with preserved lemons will surely tickle taste buds and tantalize your senses! An easy way to whisk yourself away on a mini vacation without leaving your kitchen - a staycation of sorts! Enjoy experimenting with all those wonderful flavours and aromas.

• Love
Reactions: nature
That sounds mouth watering! I love preserve lemons, they add so much depth of flavor to the dishes. What other ingredients would one need for this soup? Also, do share a method outline too if possible as that will help visualize and plan better. Can't wait to give it a go myself!

That sounds mouth watering! I love preserve lemons, they add so much depth of flavor to the dishes. What other ingredients would one need for this soup? Also, do share a method outline too if possible as that will help visualize and plan better. Can't wait to give it a go myself!
For every liter of stock (preferably chicken), you'll need 250g each of diced tomatoes and onions, two tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of ras el hanout, half a teaspoon each of turmeric and ginger powder, some fresh parsley and coriander, and optionally some lemons for extra tartness.

First, heat the oil and gently fry the spices until fragrant, then add in the onions and cook until soft. Throw in the tomatoes and let it cook for a bit, then add the stock and chopped veggies - bring to a boil then simmer away! Finally, add the herbs and preserved lemons, season to taste, and you're good to go!

It's a simple, tasty soup that's hearty and healthy - enjoy your culinary adventures!

That sounds delicious and pretty straightforward to make - definitely going to try this one out! Thanks for sharing!

Would you happen to have any other easy, tasty, and healthy recipes up your sleeve? Always on the hunt for new culinary adventures...

That sounds delicious and pretty straightforward to make - definitely going to try this one out! Thanks for sharing!

Would you happen to have any other easy, tasty, and healthy recipes up your sleeve? Always on the hunt for new culinary adventures...
There's a savory bake that's quite simple yet tasty and impressive as a meal or snack. It's got three main ingredients so it's quick to prepare, and very adaptable.

Crust:
Take a sheet of puff pastry and spread a layer of Pesto Rosso over it - you could make your own but store-bought works fine too. Have the oven preheating at this point.

Topping:
Cut up bite-sized pieces of chicken breasts or thighs - season with salt and pepper, and a drizzle of oil, then pop them onto the pastry.
Add other ingredients like cherry tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese. Drizzle some more pesto over these toppings.

Bake:
For about 15-20 minutes, until the pastry is cooked and golden. Keep an eye on it as cooking time will vary according to your oven.

It's a simple but delicious meal that can be adapted with different cheeses, meats, or even vegetables. Enjoy experimenting!

That sounds delicious and easy to prepare! I like the adaptability of it too - it's a great recipe for busy nights when you still want something tasty. Thanks for sharing!

I might add some spinach leaves too, or maybe some sliced mushrooms. Does anyone else have any recommendations for additional toppings? I feel like this could be a great way to use up leftover roasted veggies as well, just toss them on!

Add some caramelized onions and some crumbled feta or goat cheese for a real flavor boost! I also like the idea of throwing on some sun-dried tomatoes - nice and sweet, and they go well with the savory veggies.

Caramelized onions, feta, goat cheese AND sun-dried tomatoes? Now that's a delicious trio of flavors! I've never thought of combining them but they sound amazing together - especially with the sweetness from the veggies. Yum!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Caramelized onions, feta, goat cheese AND sun-dried tomatoes? Now that's a delicious trio of flavors! I've never thought of combining them but they sound amazing together - especially with the sweetness from the veggies. Yum!
You're welcome to try this mouthwatering combo at your own risk! Haha. But seriously though, don't blame me if you get addicted to these scrumptious toppings. They do say variety is the spice of life!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu