• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maximizing Time

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your best tips for making the most of your time! Whether it's streamlining your morning routine, tackling deadlines efficiently or finding ways to fit in self-care, this is the place to share your strategies for maximum productivity and time optimization!

Share your best tips for making the most of your time! Whether it's streamlining your morning routine, tackling deadlines efficiently or finding ways to fit in self-care, this is the place to share your strategies for maximum productivity and time optimization!
Having a set schedule helps me a lot with time optimization, especially for my morning routine. Having everything prepared and laid out saves me from last-minute prep work and reduces stress on chaotic mornings.

For deadlines, I break down tasks into manageable portions and prioritize according to urgency and importance. This helps me stay focused and prevents panicky deadline nights!

Structuring your mornings with a set schedule really keeps things running smoothly! That's a great way to set the tone for the day.

Breaking tasks into manageable bits is an effective strategy too, especially with deadlines breathing down our necks. It's a calm & organized approach that helps us navigate the chaos.

Deadlines can be daunting, but structuring our mornings to welcome productivity is an awesome strategy! I've found that having a set routine helps me ease into the day with a clear mind and purpose; it's like setting the stage for success.

Then, tackling tasks in manageable chunks keeps the momentum going and prevents overwhelm. That controlled chaos is so satisfying when we're super busy!

What other strategies does everyone use to maximize productivity, especially on hectic mornings?

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
A great way to stay ahead and make the most of our time is to prepare as much as we can, ahead of time!

For me, having my outfit, accessories and even down to the meal prep done really helps. It saves so much time and takes away the mental load from an already full morning.

Also, doing some of the preparation for the next day, the night before; setting up equipment/ stationaries/ utensils etc., helps save time and makes me feel more energised in the mornings to take on the day!

I'm keen to hear other people's strategies too as a busy morning is such a great feeling when we come out victorious!

A great way to stay ahead and make the most of our time is to prepare as much as we can, ahead of time!

For me, having my outfit, accessories and even down to the meal prep done really helps. It saves so much time and takes away the mental load from an already full morning.

Also, doing some of the preparation for the next day, the night before; setting up equipment/ stationaries/ utensils etc., helps save time and makes me feel more energised in the mornings to take on the day!

I'm keen to hear other people's strategies too as a busy morning is such a great feeling when we come out victorious!
That's a brilliant idea to prepare the next day's outfit and meals in advance! I usually find myself scrambled during breakfast prep and getting my son ready, so that tip about preparing the night before is a useful one.

I also second the nighttime preparation strategy - having everything laid out and charged/ready to go takes a huge weight off when caring for a little one who demands attention constantly! I typically prepare his snacks, pack his bag, and set up his breakfast tray the night before so it's an easy grab in the morning.

As for me, I also need a simple, quick routine for my personal upkeep or else I'll feel frazzled leaving the house! So, some beauty essentials and comfortable attire prepped saves me some time too.

That's a brilliant idea to prepare the next day's outfit and meals in advance! I usually find myself scrambled during breakfast prep and getting my son ready, so that tip about preparing the night before is a useful one.

I also second the nighttime preparation strategy - having everything laid out and charged/ready to go takes a huge weight off when caring for a little one who demands attention constantly! I typically prepare his snacks, pack his bag, and set up his breakfast tray the night before so it's an easy grab in the morning.

As for me, I also need a simple, quick routine for my personal upkeep or else I'll feel frazzled leaving the house! So, some beauty essentials and comfortable attire prepped saves me some time too.
Nighttime preparation is helpful for busy mornings especially for parents like ourselves! It's a nice feeling to have some aspects of the morning routine sorted ahead of time.

Having a calm and straightforward personal upkeep routine is a great way to feel confident and ready for the day, along with having our little ones all set for the day's activities. It's a win- Some advance preparation, and we're good to go!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower and cissy
That's right! It's so true how a little prep work in the evening goes a long way toward saving time - and sanity - in the mornings. Having everything planned and prepared gives us some peace of mind, especially when mornings are usually hectic with kids around.

It helps to have a seamless routine for ourselves and the little ones, so we're all ready and raring to go. It's empowering to begin the day feeling calm and organized!

I couldn't agree more! A quick 10-minute prep before bed can ensure a smooth sail the next day, especially when you have kids who require a lot of energy and attention in the mornings. Having a plan for the next day removes some of the morning stress and gives you some precious extra minutes to enjoy your coffee (or tea!). It's the little things!

Starting the day feeling organized is such a great way to set the positive tone too - calm before the storm of the morning rush!

Feeling prepared and organised really does set the tone for the whole day. It's amazing how just a few minutes spent planning can help you gain some control over the next morning, especially when things can otherwise feel chaotic with kids around!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Absolutely! It's incredible how some preparation can make the difference between a calm and stress-filled morning. Being ahead of the game gives you time to enjoy your coffee, rather than guzzling it down in a rush (or forgetting it altogether!).

Do you have any go-to strategies for those mornings when you're feeling especially frazzled?

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Absolutely! It's incredible how some preparation can make the difference between a calm and stress-filled morning. Being ahead of the game gives you time to enjoy your coffee, rather than guzzling it down in a rush (or forgetting it altogether!).

Do you have any go-to strategies for those mornings when you're feeling especially frazzled?
When I'm frazzled and feel like everything's going south, I have two go-tos:

1. Deep breaths: Sounds too simple right? Surprisingly, taking a few deep breaths helps to calm me down and recenter my thoughts. It's amazing how easy it is to get side-tracked and forget to breathe when things get hectic.

2. Shift focus to the positives: I try to remember that even on crazy mornings, there's always something good to look forward to - perhaps a fun activity later in the day or a lunch date with friends. Thinking of these little things reminds me that the morning chaos is temporary and manageable.

These may not be ground-breaking tips but they help me stay grounded when everything else is spinning out of control!

Those are some great ways to reset when things get overwhelming.

For me, I'd add two more:

First one is getting organized. Taking a couple of minutes to jot down what needs to be done - and in what priority - helps me immensely. Often, when everything feels chaotic, it's because we're trying to hold all the mental to-do lists in our heads. Getting them out on paper (or digitally) eases the burden on our minds.

The second is to take a quick break. It's like an adult version of taking a time-out when you're frustrated as a kid. Sometimes, giving yourself permission to take 5-10 minutes to do nothing - sit, stare and just observe your surroundings can help detangle the chaos in our minds. We come back refreshed and with a clearer perspective.

Love your simple but impactful tips!

First one is getting organized. Taking a couple of minutes to jot down what needs to be done - and in what priority - helps me immensely. Often, when everything feels chaotic, it's because we're trying to hold all the mental to-do lists in our heads. Getting them out on paper (or digitally) eases the burden on our minds.

The second is to take a quick break. It's like an adult version of taking a time-out when you're frustrated as a kid. Sometimes, giving yourself permission to take 5-10 minutes to do nothing - sit, stare and just observe your surroundings can help detangle the chaos in our minds. We come back refreshed and with a clearer perspective.

I agree that making lists can help us feel in control when everything seems overwhelming. It's satisfying to physically tick things off too!

Stepping away for a brief moment and giving ourselves some alone time is an effective yet underrated method of resetting, just like hitting the refresh button! This allows us to resume the morning feeling a little more composed and with a new perspective.

Thanks for sharing; these strategies are sure handy!

You're right about writing things down; it's a effective strategy that helps clarify our thoughts and organizes them. I find that making a physical list helps me visually as well, especially when I can tick off completed tasks!

Stepping away for a brief moment is another great idea, although it's often easier said than done with kids around! But even a short break can help us refocus, and like you said, provide some perspective on the situation.

I suppose every little bit helps, right? These tiny strategies might not solve chaos but can certainly help manage it better!

I agree that making lists can help us feel in control when everything seems overwhelming. It's satisfying to physically tick things off too!

Stepping away for a brief moment and giving ourselves some alone time is an effective yet underrated method of resetting, just like hitting the refresh button! This allows us to resume the morning feeling a little more composed and with a new perspective.

Thanks for sharing; these strategies are sure handy!
The pleasure's all mine - it's always good to share ways that help make our lives a little easier!

Reactions: sportytina
You're right about writing things down; it's a effective strategy that helps clarify our thoughts and organizes them. I find that making a physical list helps me visually as well, especially when I can tick off completed tasks!

Stepping away for a brief moment is another great idea, although it's often easier said than done with kids around! But even a short break can help us refocus, and like you said, provide some perspective on the situation.

I suppose every little bit helps, right? These tiny strategies might not solve chaos but can certainly help manage it better!
Every little thing counts, and you're right - every parent's toolkit should have these simple yet impactful strategies!

It's also reassuring to know that other parents have similar experiences and discover shared strategies; parenting can feel so isolating at times! These tips are definitely ones I'll keep in mind for especially challenging mornings.

The pleasure's all mine - it's always good to share ways that help make our lives a little easier!
Sorry, I meant to say that it's a pleasure to hear your thoughts on managing a chaotic morning. Your strategies are certainly doable and a great reminder that simplicity can be key. It's nice to have a collection of these ideas at hand; one never knows when they might come in handy! Do you have a particular way of jotting down your to-dos? I've found that using different coloured pens helps me prioritize better.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
Sorry, I meant to say that it's a pleasure to hear your thoughts on managing a chaotic morning. Your strategies are certainly doable and a great reminder that simplicity can be key. It's nice to have a collection of these ideas at hand; one never knows when they might come in handy! Do you have a particular way of jotting down your to-dos? I've found that using different coloured pens helps me prioritize better.
I like variety and usually use whatever writing tools are available, but I'm partial to black ink for some reason. Perhaps it goes back to the good ol' days of using black pens exclusively!

I do remember the excitement of having colored gel pens as a kid and using them to spruce up my to-do lists (with decorated borders and all). They certainly added a fun twist and made even the dullest tasks seem more enjoyable. And you're right - they help with prioritizing too; visually, it's easier to gauge what needs doing urgently.

These days, I make do with whatever notes app is handy. It's often easier that way, especially when you're rushed - and most of them have colorful themes now, so the fun element is there too! But there's something about physically writing that feels more definitive, don't you think?

• Love
Reactions: joyful
I like variety and usually use whatever writing tools are available, but I'm partial to black ink for some reason. Perhaps it goes back to the good ol' days of using black pens exclusively!

I do remember the excitement of having colored gel pens as a kid and using them to spruce up my to-do lists (with decorated borders and all). They certainly added a fun twist and made even the dullest tasks seem more enjoyable. And you're right - they help with prioritizing too; visually, it's easier to gauge what needs doing urgently.

These days, I make do with whatever notes app is handy. It's often easier that way, especially when you're rushed - and most of them have colorful themes now, so the fun element is there too! But there's something about physically writing that feels more definitive, don't you think?
There is a certain finality to checking off items physically written and visually seeing the progress. It feels like a tangible representation of our achievements, especially when we can see the list physically shrink with each completed task.

The colored gel pens sound like a fun way to make tasks more enjoyable - they did bring some excitement to an otherwise mundane activity. Digital note apps are convenient for their accessibility and ability to synchronize across devices but do not provide the same satisfaction as writing by hand. Perhaps the swiping action doesn't feel as rewarding as that satisfying pen on paper scratch!

The satisfaction of putting pen to paper is hard to beat, especially with a fancy coloured pen that makes your notes pop! Digital note-taking certainly has its perks but physical notebooks and their tangible qualities seem to add a whole other layer of enjoyment and mindfulness - there's a reason we reminisce about our colourful gel pen days.

It's interesting how the simple act of adding colour can make organization fun and motivational. There's scope for being creative while also making the experience functional and efficient, a win-win situation! And it needn't be time-consuming either; a quick coloured highlight or tickbox system can easily do the trick.

The simplicity of black ink has its charms too though - it's sleek, professional, and timeless. Perhaps there's an element of sophistication in its understated nature, like the appeal of a little black dress! It's fascinating how much depth and meaning can be found in such seemingly mundane decisions of colour choice!

What are everyone's thoughts on physical notebooks vs. digital note-taking? Do you have a preferred method or do you switch it up? And any recommendations for pretty yet functional stationery?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu