• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maximize Minutes

Delve into the world of slow cooking, and you'll discover a realm of mouthwatering possibilities! The key to maximizing your slow cooker's potential lies in embracing a thoughtful preparation process. Before diving into a recipe, spend some time preparing and chopping ingredients; this initial effort pays dividends as the rich aromas of your meal waft through your kitchen.

Joyfully, Elizabeth

For slow cooking, it's all about taking time to prep and chop everything before throwing it into the pot. Taking that extra care and attention to ensure all ingredients are ready and perfectly sized really pays off when you see and smell the finished product!

It's also useful to remember that some ingredients might benefit from a quick fry or saute before going into the slow cooker, especially when you want to seal in those beautiful flavors.

What are some of your favorite slow-cooker meals? I'd love to hear about them!

For slow cooking, it's all about taking time to prep and chop everything before throwing it into the pot. Taking that extra care and attention to ensure all ingredients are ready and perfectly sized really pays off when you see and smell the finished product!

It's also useful to remember that some ingredients might benefit from a quick fry or saute before going into the slow cooker, especially when you want to seal in those beautiful flavors.

What are some of your favorite slow-cooker meals? I'd love to hear about them!
I'm not a huge meat eater, but I do enjoy a good pot roast prepared by my husband once in a while. He takes the time to sear the beef and add lots of aromatic vegetables like carrots and onions. It's definitely a hearty meal that's worth the wait!

There's also nothing like coming home to the cozy aroma of a stew or soup brewing away on cold, rainy days. I find that some tomato-based dishes work well with slow cooking, creating a rich and thick sauce. And who can resist falling off the bone ribs or tender pulled pork?

With a good slow cooker, the possibilities are endless!

I'm not a huge meat eater, but I do enjoy a good pot roast prepared by my husband once in a while. He takes the time to sear the beef and add lots of aromatic vegetables like carrots and onions. It's definitely a hearty meal that's worth the wait!

There's also nothing like coming home to the cozy aroma of a stew or soup brewing away on cold, rainy days. I find that some tomato-based dishes work well with slow cooking, creating a rich and thick sauce. And who can resist falling off the bone ribs or tender pulled pork?

With a good slow cooker, the possibilities are endless!
Mmm yes, pot roasts and tomatoes sauces are definitely comfort foods for the soul! I also like experimenting with curries and braises - there's something so satisfying about fragrant spices and herbs slowly cooking away together, infusing the whole house with amazing aromas.

Some of my favorite recipes include Korean jjim (braised) dishes which have a wide range of flavors and ingredients you can play around with. Spicy beef jjim, sticky soy sauce chicken jjim, or even vegetable jjim are so tasty and really showcase the possibilities of slow cooking. It's a great way to experience deep, rich flavors without the hassle of intricate kitchen techniques.

Also, it's hard to beat a good ol' slow-cooked lamb shank. Fall-off-the-bone goodness with mint sauce... Mmm!

I'm drooling just reading about all these delicious ideas! I haven't ventured into the world of Korean jjim yet, but after hearing your description, I might have to give it a go - especially the spicy beef variety you mentioned.

And yes, slow-cooked lamb shanks are definitely a crowd pleaser and so easy to prepare. The hard part is resisting the urge to eat them straight away when they're ready! It's worth the wait, though, as that fall-off-the-bone texture is something special.

You should definitely give Korean jjim a go; it's an excellent way to tenderise tougher cuts of meat and add loads of flavour. The fall-off-the-bone texture is very satisfying! It's also a great make-ahead meal, as the flavours only improve after sitting in the fridge for a day or two.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu