• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maternity Must-Haves

A comfortable stroller's a given, something compact that can navigate tight spaces and public transport. But let's face it, a lot of the early days are a blur of feeding and changing diapers. So having a good nursing chair or rocker is a godsend for those late-night feeds. You won't realize how crucial it is till you're fumbling in the dark, trying not to wake the baby - or yourself - up. Also, don't skimp on diapers and creams. Stock up because you never know when the next diaper blowout is coming. And of course, a good supply of your own comfy clothes that are easy to nurse in. Those first few weeks are a doozy, so anything that makes life simpler is welcome!

A comfortable stroller's a given, something compact that can navigate tight spaces and public transport. But let's face it, a lot of the early days are a blur of feeding and changing diapers. So having a good nursing chair or rocker is a godsend for those late-night feeds. You won't realize how crucial it is till you're fumbling in the dark, trying not to wake the baby - or yourself - up. Also, don't skimp on diapers and creams. Stock up because you never know when the next diaper blowout is coming. And of course, a good supply of your own comfy clothes that are easy to nurse in. Those first few weeks are a doozy, so anything that makes life simpler is welcome!
Agree about the nursing chair - it's a life saver during those nocturnal feeding sessions! And yup, stock up on diapers, creams and maternity pads - you'd want to be prepared for any situation!

Also, those reusable ice packs are a smart idea too; nobody prepares you for the swelling and soreness that follows - so unpleasant! Better to be equipped with some cooling relief.

Mummy-to-be, you're gonna sail through this!

Agree about the nursing chair - it's a life saver during those nocturnal feeding sessions! And yup, stock up on diapers, creams and maternity pads - you'd want to be prepared for any situation!

Also, those reusable ice packs are a smart idea too; nobody prepares you for the swelling and soreness that follows - so unpleasant! Better to be equipped with some cooling relief.

Mummy-to-be, you're gonna sail through this!
A wipe warmer sounds like a luxury, but it's actually quite useful - especially for nighttime changes. Trust me, you'd rather not have a screaming, red-faced newborn on your hands because of cold wipes. Also, don't forget to pack some extra clothes in those diaper bags for when accidents happen outside the comfort of your home. You'll be thankful for them!

A wipe warmer sounds like a luxury, but it's actually quite useful - especially for nighttime changes. Trust me, you'd rather not have a screaming, red-faced newborn on your hands because of cold wipes. Also, don't forget to pack some extra clothes in those diaper bags for when accidents happen outside the comfort of your home. You'll be thankful for them!
Wipe warmer is definitely a godsend, especially in the middle of the night! And extra clothing - a definite must-have, because you never know with little ones! You'd want to catch any surprises quickly!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: musical and joyful
Eh, in my opinion what's essential really depends on the individual la. During pregnancy I felt so uncomfortable and moody so what helped me was having a few nice, loose, comfy dresses - the kind you can just throw on without too much hassle cos trying to bend over to zip up skinny jeans was a no-no for me!

Also, I found those pregnancy pillows super helpful for getting comfy in bed. I know some mummies-to-be who swore by their compression socks but I didn't mind them - helped with the swollen ankles a bit I guess.

For after the birth, definitely got to have some good nursing bras and some comfortable, easy-access clothing cos breastfeeding can be challenging at first and you don't want any added frustration from complicated outfits haha! Some comfortable, absorbent pads are a must too. Oh, and a baby carrier - so handy for hands-free cooking, shopping etc.

For the baby, I think the must-haves are even simpler - just some good nappies, wet wipes , some comfy clothes with easy access for diaper changes, and maybe a few small toys or rattles. Don't need much else really! Oh ya, and a nasal aspirator - those things are lifesavers when they have a blocked nose!

200.gif

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Maternity pads are super important!! Also comfortable nursing bras cos you’ll be wearing them a lot.

Some people say breast pump but I think it’s better to get that only when baby arrives and you know if it’s gonna work out with breastfeeding or not.

Oh and super comfy pjs/lounge wear that zips or opens easily for nursing would be good! I lived in those for the first few weeks PP. You’d also want easy access to pump or nurse. And of course lots of burp cloths haha.

Tums and lactaid if you plan to bf - they saved me from so much discomfort in the beginning while my supply was regulating!

Agree with the breast pump, especially if you plan to pump and store milk. I also found a small portable one real useful - don't need to lug around a heavy-duty pump all the time. Comfy clothes and slippers are a must-have, and those first few days/weeks you're basically living in them so might as well make sure they're comfortable! Also second the baby carrier - so handy especially if you're out and about or doing errands. My bassinet had a rocking function which was great for soothing the baby to sleep too .

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
A comfortable nursing chair or rocker - those 2am feeds will be a blur without one. And yup, agree on the warmer wipes - seems indulgent but oh so useful!

For real, cannot underestimate the importance of comfort during pregnancy!! Those growing breasts need all the support they can get; a good bra goes a long way. And yup, the baby carrier is a God-send when you need to run errands with your hands free - so convenient!

I think also having some kind of maternity support belt is super helpful - it helps ease the backache that comes with lugging around a growing bump. And if you're planning on breastfeeding, those days after birth can be exhausting, so having a comfortable and relaxing space to feed the little one is a must-have! Maybe even a nice, soft nursing shirt - they're made of such comfy material, and saves the hassle of trying to cover yourself while feeding.

Other than that, agree that it's best not to overdo it and buy too many things you might not end up using. Less is more, right?

200.gif

• Love
Reactions: stargazer

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu