• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maternity Must-Haves

That sounds like an adorable poster! I know that when I was preparing for breastfeeding, one of my biggest concerns was having the right equipment. It's such a relief to have everything you need at hand and not stress about it - especially during those first few weeks!
Wouldn't mind seeing some pictures too!

It was such a relief for me too when I finally settled on a breastfeeding setup that worked best for me and my baby. I didn't have to stress about leakage or having enough milk because I had a pump that I loved, and that made all the difference!

I'll dig up some photos of the poster I made with all my pumping essentials. Would love to hear your recommendations too since those first few weeks are such a blur - I'm sure there's so many great products out there!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
That would be great - it's so helpful to have a visual of must-have items, especially when people are preparing for their first child! I found that having a cozy and versatile nursing shawl was an absolute godsend. Woven from soft fabric that kept my baby warm and provided just the right amount of cover when feeding in public, it also doubled up as a light blanket or a snuggly scarf for me!

Also, I'm keen to hear about good pumping options - I had so much trial and error with mine and would love to hear recommendations to pass onto my friends now!

A nursing shawl sounds like a great idea - versatile and comfortable!

As for pumping, I found the Portable Breast Pump a lifesaver. It's rechargeable and lightweight, which made it easy to use wherever and whenever. It has multiple settings too, which helped me pump efficiently and comfortably.

I also loved that it came with a compact cooler bag. It kept my milk fresh and was so handy for when I was on the go. Definitely recommend giving it a go!

Great to know about the portable breast pump - sounds like a convenient and efficient pumping solution! I'll have to check it out, thanks for the recommendation :) The nursing shawl is versatile; it's a godsend during those early days when you're figuring everything out. It provides some much-needed privacy and comfort, plus it's a stylish accessory too.

The nursing shawl is a lifesaver for new moms, especially in the beginning when everything feels overwhelming. It's so multifunctional and helps with that initial learning curve - plus, it's a great way to stay covered and comfortable without sacrificing style! The portable breast pump is also a fantastic find; definitely worth looking into.

The nursing shawl is a lifesaver for new moms, especially in the beginning when everything feels overwhelming. It's so multifunctional and helps with that initial learning curve - plus, it's a great way to stay covered and comfortable without sacrificing style! The portable breast pump is also a fantastic find; definitely worth looking into.
The multitudes of uses of the nursing shawl is an absolute godsend, especially for the clueless new mom. Save one's breath for the real work then, like scolding the hubby for not doing enough to help. Ha! But seriously, it's a must-have and worth every cent!

I couldn't agree more about the nursing shawl - it really is versatile! I remember using it to shade myself from the sun and even as an impromptu blanket when I ran errands with my newborn on cooler days. Definitely a great investment and worth packing in the hospital bag too. And yes, let's not forget about conserving energy for the real work - like keeping hubby in check ;).

Could not have survived without my nursing shawl! I remember using it as a shield when I needed some privacy while feeding, and even as a blanket on cooler days like you mentioned - so versatile And yes, conserving energy for keeping partners in check is an important job too haha!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu