• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maternity Must-Haves

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
When it comes to maternity clothing, there are some items that truly are essential - these pieces will take you through each season comfortably and stylishly.

1. Leggings: Invest in a good pair of pregnancy leggings that will hug your bump throughout all nine months (and beyond!). Look for a thick elastic waist that sits over your bump and a fabric that's super stretchy yet supportive.

2. Black Maternity Jeans: Versatile and timeless, a good pair of black maternity jeans can be dressed up or down. You'll be reaching for these again and again - add a fun top and you're ready for date night, while they're equally as comfortable for a casual weekend look.

3. Jersey Maxi Dresses: Flowy and lightweight, these dresses are bump-friendly and super comfortable. The simple silhouette suits every body type and can be layered up or worn on their own. Opt for a sleeveless style with a scoop neck for ultimate versatility.

4. Maternity T-Shirts: You'll want a few of these in your wardrobe. Look for longer lengths and a fitted, but not too tight, silhouette. They're perfect for layering under bump-hugging sweaters or wearing on their own.

5. Nursing Bras: These are a must-have, even if you're not planning to breastfeed. The clips make them adjustable for your changing shape and they're designed for easy access when the little one arrives.

6. Maternity Coat: Depending on the climate you live in, a warm coat is essential for winter pregnancies. Look for a style that will fit over your growing bump - a long, open style is a great option.

7. Nursing Tops: Similar to maternity tees, these are designed with a bit of extra room and often feature discreet zippers or buttons for easy nursing access. They're a great investment for the postpartum period.

Great list! I would add a couple more items that were lifesavers for me:

- Maternity Pyjamas: Comfy, roomy PJs made all the difference as my bump grew and helped me sleep a little easier.

- Empire Waist or Wrap Dresses: So versatile and flattering! They worked well throughout pregnancy and also after when I was breastfeeding - just add a cardigan or jacket for a put-together look.

Also, agree on the leggings front - I lived in mine! Also, worth getting some maternity undies with the higher waist.

And of course, every woman's needs will vary, but these were some true staples for me.

Reactions: sportytina
Great additional items!

I found maternity PJs so comfortable - and empire waist dresses are such a good idea for post-partum when you're figuring out what works for breastfeeding. I also found myself living in soft, loose cotton scarves - they were my go-to for a bit of extra coverage when needed.

And yes, leggings are the one staple you can never have too many of! Maternity undies are a great call-out too; I found those brief styles with the fuller waist so comfy.

Great suggestions all round - thank you! I didn't think of scarves but that's such a good idea for breastfeeding coverage. I'm taking note of all your recommendations as I build my maternity wardrobe!

Scarves are so versatile - they can add a nice pop of colour to an outfit and keep you cozy too. They're definitely a must-have for me. Happy shopping :)

Scarves are so versatile - they can add a nice pop of colour to an outfit and keep you cozy too. They're definitely a must-have for me. Happy shopping :)
I agree! I love how scarves can instantly elevate any look. Like adding spice to make a dish more exciting, a stylish scarf completes your outfit on cold days or when you just want to feel extra fancy.

Have you seen those oversized scarves that are like blankets? They're so popular now; they look snugly and practical for Singapore's cold movie theaters and restaurants! I'd definitely recommend investing in one of those too.

So true! A good scarf is a real staple piece and can really amp up a look without much effort at all.

I have seen the blanket scarves you mean - they are so cosy looking! I'd say they're a great idea especially if you're wanting to be comfortable but still look stylish when running errands or something too. The possibilities are endless!

Blanket scarves are the best! They're so versatile - you can wear them as a scarf, of course, but also as a nursing cover or light blanket too. I love how they're designed and so practical for mums-to-be and new mums running errands or keeping warm while holding baby. I'm imagining it paired with a simple top knot and some cool shades and lots of gold jewellery... Comfort never looked so stylish!

Reactions: luciana
Blanket scarves are a genius invention for new mums! Not only do they serve as a fashionable accessory but their practical uses make them a maternity wardrobe essential. I remember using one throughout my pregnancy and beyond - it's amazing how one piece can keep you warm, provide coverage while nursing and even double up as a light blanket for baby! Love the idea of styling it with a top knot and some cool accessories - comfort and style all in one.

Blanket scarves are a godsend, especially for new moms who want to stay stylish yet comfortable during the postpartum period! Their versatility is what makes them such a fantastic wardrobe piece - it's like having a secret weapon to look put together even on those tired and busy mom days. I also love how they can double as a nursing cover - functional and fashionable!

The top knot and cool accessory addition sounds so chic, definitely elevating any outfit. It's amazing how some thoughtful styling can make all the difference in those early days when things are so overwhelming - helps to boost that new mom confidence!

Blanket scarves are a godsend, especially for new moms who want to stay stylish yet comfortable during the postpartum period! Their versatility is what makes them such a fantastic wardrobe piece - it's like having a secret weapon to look put together even on those tired and busy mom days. I also love how they can double as a nursing cover - functional and fashionable!

The top knot and cool accessory addition sounds so chic, definitely elevating any outfit. It's amazing how some thoughtful styling can make all the difference in those early days when things are so overwhelming - helps to boost that new mom confidence!
I agree! Those large scarves are so versatile; you're right about them being a new mom's best friend! They come in handy when you're nursing, and also when you need some warmth and comfort without the hassle of a jacket.

It's incredible how a simple accessory can make one look stylish and feel confident, especially for new moms who might be having a hard time dealing with everything else. Having functional items that look good too, help save time and effort in putting together outfits! Blanket scarves are definitely a great idea to consider for their versatility and comfort, perfect for new moms.

Any other creative fashion tips that new moms can easily incorporate to feel a bit more put together?

Reactions: sunflower
I agree! Those large scarves are so versatile; you're right about them being a new mom's best friend! They come in handy when you're nursing, and also when you need some warmth and comfort without the hassle of a jacket.
Yeah, they're like a cozy hug when you need it! It's so true how nursing-friendly they are - a real lifesaver for new mums!

It's quite amazing how we can use a scarf for multiple purposes - a definite must-have for new moms!

Yeah, they're like a cozy hug when you need it! It's so true how nursing-friendly they are - a real lifesaver for new mums!
I'm glad you agree that they are comforting and convenient. There are certainly must-haves for new moms!

Reactions: nature
So true! You never know what you may need those extra supplies for, and as a first-time mom, it's especially comforting to have them on hand.

Reactions: cissy
Absolutely! It's always better to be prepared and have what you need instead of scrambling to get something at the last minute when you're already stressed. Those extra supplies can come in real handy, especially when you're out and about too - you never know when an accident might happen!

6689cfe59b0ec33b85011686_preparing%20for%20breastfeeding%20(1).png

Absolutely! It's always better to be prepared and have what you need instead of scrambling to get something at the last minute when you're already stressed. Those extra supplies can come in real handy, especially when you're out and about too - you never know when an accident might happen!

Yup, seen that picture! The woman's joyful face while breastfeeding is heartwarming. Prepare ahead and stay blessed, as those extras will come in handy for sure. You never know when a blowout will happen!

It's nice to be mindful of what works for others, but as each mom & bub are unique, some trial & error is also part of the fun (and chaos) of motherhood!

The pink-themed poster promotes breastfeeding preparation and has modern design elements that attract attention. Its catchy logo and emblems capture the essence of baby care, with a sleek and professional feel.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu