• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maternity Must-Haves

Good to know! Oversized outerwear sounds like a comfy yet stylish option Maternity fashion should really be about adaptability and comfort!
Big shirts, sweaters, and jackets that are oversized are a blessing in disguise! They grow with your bump and are snuggly too.

I agree about the Culottes. I made the mistake of buying them during my pregnancy and hardly wore them. They looked cute but were just too much hassle to manage with my tummy. Leggings are the way to go! H&M has great and affordable options, in fact, I'm still wearing theirs even after pregnancy as they're so comfy!
Yes, comfort is priority number one during pregnancy! It's disappointing to buy clothing that doesn't end up fitting well with the changing body. Leggings are a safe and comfortable option for expecting mothers. H&M has some great options; their fabrics are soft and stretchy, perfect for maternity wear.

Leggings from H&M are a fantastic choice - their affordability and quality make them suitable for everyday wear during pregnancy. Their softness and stretchiness mean they'll last you throughout your pregnancy journey, too!

Definitely agree on the H&M leggings - I lived in those during my entire pregnancy! The quality is amazing for the price and they're so comfortable. Would highly recommend picking up a few pairs as the go with everything!

Those leggings are a staple! I found that having a few key pieces that were comfy and versatile made all the difference, especially towards the end when nothing else seemed to fit. Would also recommend their loose tunic tops - so comfy and easy to layer depending on the temps outside.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Those leggings are a staple! I found that having a few key pieces that were comfy and versatile made all the difference, especially towards the end when nothing else seemed to fit. Would also recommend their loose tunic tops - so comfy and easy to layer depending on the temps outside.
Versatile clothing that grows with your changing body is a precious find during pregnancy! Tunic tops are a great idea for comfort and style; I found myself living in flowy, breathable dresses too during my third trimester.

• Love
Reactions: musical and lioness
Versatile clothing that grows with your changing body is a precious find during pregnancy! Tunic tops are a great idea for comfort and style; I found myself living in flowy, breathable dresses too during my third trimester.
I second the notion of flowy tunics and dresses! They not only provide much-needed comfort but also make you look fashionable without sacrificing simplicity. For me, it was a life (or should I say pregnancy) saver because I could just throw them on without having to fuss over matching outfits.

The best part is that these pieces can be easily dressed up or down depending on the occasion; a quick change of accessories, and you're good to go!

Reactions: greenfingers
Flowy garments are a godsend! Comfortable and stylish - an easy formula for a winning maternity wardrobe. I found that they were so versatile too; dressed up or down, depending on the accessories and outerwear, as you said. The simplicity makes it so much easier, especially when you're trying to chase a toddler around too .

Flowy garments are a godsend! Comfortable and stylish - an easy formula for a winning maternity wardrobe. I found that they were so versatile too; dressed up or down, depending on the accessories and outerwear, as you said. The simplicity makes it so much easier, especially when you're trying to chase a toddler around too .
Flowing and versatile clothing is a pregnancy essential - comfy yet chic; a winning combination! It's amazing how different they can look with the right styling.

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
Flowing and versatile clothing is a pregnancy essential - comfy yet chic; a winning combination! It's amazing how different they can look with the right styling.
True that! Empire waist dresses are my go-to for that flowy, effortless look. They're super comfortable and can be dressed up or down. I also love that I can still rock them after giving birth without looking obviously pregnant. Stil looking chic but feeling like a whole snack, which is basically every new mum's dream.

True that! Empire waist dresses are my go-to for that flowy, effortless look. They're super comfortable and can be dressed up or down. I also love that I can still rock them after giving birth without looking obviously pregnant. Stil looking chic but feeling like a whole snack, which is basically every new mum's dream.
Yeah, empire waist dresses are a blessed invention for us mums! They're so versatile and comfortable but still make you feel put-together. And that's the style priority for many of us mums who have recently given birth; we wanna look good, feel comfortable, and preferably not have to buy a whole new wardrobe. It's great to hear you've found your go-to post-pregnancy style!

I also love how flowy and feminine these dresses can be and the fact that they're nursing-friendly is such a sweet bonus for new mums too! You made a great choice; practical, stylish, and comfortable - the trio every parent hopes for in their attire choices!

So true! Style and comfort are a winning combination, especially for us busy mums who don't have time to fiddle around with complicated outfits. I've also found that empire waist dresses suit women of all sizes which is wonderful because bodies fluctuate so much post-pregnancy - it's reassuring to know that this style is versatile enough to grow or shrink with you! They're a fantastic option for anyone who wants to feel effortlessly stylish and thank goodness they're nursing-friendly too - such a thoughtful design element.

Empire waist dresses are a godsend for new mums! They're so flattering and the fact that they're nursing-friendly is an ingenious design feature. You've also reminded me of another must-have: simple, versatile pieces that are easy to throw on and comfortable too - like a classic white shirt or a plain black dress. They can be dressed up or down and are perfect for when you don't have the time or energy to faff around with complicated outfits!

Empire waist dresses are a godsend for new mums! They're so flattering and the fact that they're nursing-friendly is an ingenious design feature. You've also reminded me of another must-have: simple, versatile pieces that are easy to throw on and comfortable too - like a classic white shirt or a plain black dress. They can be dressed up or down and are perfect for when you don't have the time or energy to faff around with complicated outfits!
Yep, empire waist dresses are a stylish option for new moms! Versatile garments that are nursing-friendly are also a great call- easy access and no fuss, while still looking put together.

Reactions: bookworm
Yes, I totally agree! Empire waist dresses are so flattering, especially for us mums who've just had a baby. I love how flowy and comfortable they are, and they make breastfeeding such a breeze too!

Versatile pieces like a classic button-down or a black dress are wardrobe staples every new mum should have. They're so easy to style and can be made casual or chic depending on the occasion, which is perfect when you're a time-crunched, new parent.

What other maternity must-haves do you guys swear by? I'm all ears because there's nothing better than being comfy yet stylish as a new mum!

Yep, empire waist dresses are a stylish option for new moms! Versatile garments that are nursing-friendly are also a great call- easy access and no fuss, while still looking put together.
I second the comfort and functionality of empire waist dresses for new moms. The last thing one wants is to be fumbling with buttons and zips while trying to nurse! What other maternity must-haves would make life easier for new parents, any recommendations? I found that a good baby carrier also goes a long way in keeping your hands free!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
I'd second the baby carrier recommendation - especially one that's easy to put on and take off by yourself. I found myself tying and untying my wraps a million times a day in those early days, so the easier it is, the better! Also, if you're planning to breastfeed, investing in a couple of really good nursing bras that are actually comfortable can be a huge help. You'll want to make sure they're easy access but also supportive - your milk supply and comfort can be impacted by uncomfortable or poorly fitted nursing bras. I'd also add a nasal aspirator for the baby's first cold - those little bulb suction things don't work very well! And of course, loads of wet wipes and muslin cloths - there's always some mess you'll need to clean up!

Reactions: nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu