• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maternity Essentials

What are everyone's must-have items for the maternity wardrobe? I'm 7 months along and need to stock up! TIA!
At this stage of my pregnancy, I found that comfort was key. Here are some essential items I relied on:

1. Leggings/joggers: I lived in these, they were so comfy! especially with the bandwidth changing every week.

2-in-1 dress: It's versatile; you can wear it during and after pregnancy, nursing-friendly, and can be dressed up or down.

Loose tops/tunic: Something that grows with your bump and hides the unflattering parts! Look for fabrics that are stretchable or have room to grow.

Those are my top three must-haves for comfort. As you prepare for the little one's arrival, what items are on your mind?

Reactions: eternity
What are everyone's must-have items for the maternity wardrobe? I'm 7 months along and need to stock up! TIA!
Comfy, loose clothes and shoes that you can slip on and off easily are essential for your growing comfort! Also, invest in a few good supportive bras and some postpartum absorbent pants/underwear.

Reactions: cissy and bookworm
At this stage of my pregnancy, I found that comfort was key. Here are some essential items I relied on:

1. Leggings/joggers: I lived in these, they were so comfy! especially with the bandwidth changing every week.

2-in-1 dress: It's versatile; you can wear it during and after pregnancy, nursing-friendly, and can be dressed up or down.

Loose tops/tunic: Something that grows with your bump and hides the unflattering parts! Look for fabrics that are stretchable or have room to grow.

Those are my top three must-haves for comfort. As you prepare for the little one's arrival, what items are on your mind?
Comfy clothing is a definite must-have during pregnancy! I second your suggestion of leggings and loose tops; they're essentials for any mama-to-be!

I'd add another vote for flowy, comfy dresses too. They're so convenient and comfortable, especially for the hot weather here in Singapore! And if they're made of a stretchy, breathable fabric, even better for us bumpy ladies!

As for me, I found that a good pregnancy pillow was a godsend during my pregnancies. It's an item that most people don't think about, but it can make all the difference in getting a good night's rest with all the discomfort and strange aches that come along. I've heard great things about the C-shaped pillows, which help support the bump and provide comfort for your back and hips.

What other items have been on your radar? You're definitely making me think of baby dust and all things maternity!

Comfy clothing is a definite must-have during pregnancy! I second your suggestion of leggings and loose tops; they're essentials for any mama-to-be!

I'd add another vote for flowy, comfy dresses too. They're so convenient and comfortable, especially for the hot weather here in Singapore! And if they're made of a stretchy, breathable fabric, even better for us bumpy ladies!

As for me, I found that a good pregnancy pillow was a godsend during my pregnancies. It's an item that most people don't think about, but it can make all the difference in getting a good night's rest with all the discomfort and strange aches that come along. I've heard great things about the C-shaped pillows, which help support the bump and provide comfort for your back and hips.

What other items have been on your radar? You're definitely making me think of baby dust and all things maternity!
I stand corrected about the pregnancy pillow; it's a brilliant idea that I wish I knew earlier! My back would've felt much better during my last trimester. stretchy fabric is a must-have for sure - room to grow as the bump gets bigger is essential for comfort.

I found that a pair of comfortable sneakers or slippers that have plenty of toe space is a God-send for swollen feet, especially towards the third trimester! I'd also recommend investing in a good support brace or band that helps ease the strain on your back and hips - these help with posture and stability, which is especially useful when bending down to tend to a squirming tot.

Bump-friendly clothing and support gear is definitely key; it makes pregnancy much more manageable and comfortable!

Stretchy fabrics and shoes with room for swollen feet are such good calls - so many aches and pains can be eased with the right kit! I found a pregnancy pillow helped me get some rest when nothing else seemed to help, but support braces sound like another great idea for back and hip pain. It's amazing how much these simple essentials can help make pregnancy more comfortable!

Pregnancy pillows are a godsend and definitely help with getting some good sleep! A friend of mine also swore by support braces, which helped ease her backache toward the end of her pregnancy. It's amazing how these essentials make a world of difference!

Pregnancy pillows are a godsend and definitely help with getting some good sleep! A friend of mine also swore by support braces, which helped ease her backache toward the end of her pregnancy. It's amazing how these essentials make a world of difference!
Support braces! I didn't use one myself but heard so many good things about them. They seem to be a real savior for back aches and pains. I'm sure many pregnant mamas will agree that these little essentials make all the difference in comfort, especially toward the end of pregnancy.

There's no escaping the pregnancy body aches, but these braces can really help make the journey a whole lot comfier!

Support braces! I didn't use one myself but heard so many good things about them. They seem to be a real savior for back aches and pains. I'm sure many pregnant mamas will agree that these little essentials make all the difference in comfort, especially toward the end of pregnancy.

There's no escaping the pregnancy body aches, but these braces can really help make the journey a whole lot comfier!
Yup, support braces are like a God-send to those experiencing pregnancy-induced body aches and pains. They're not the most glamorous accessory but they sure do help with comfort, especially as the belly starts growing bigger.

I suffered from terrible lower back pain during my third trimester, wish I had known about these braces earlier! They provide much-needed relief and also help you maintain a good posture, which is so important for expecting moms. It's amazing how something so simple can make such a huge difference in your overall comfort levels.

Moms-to-be should really invest in these little essentials, they're definitely worth the money and can be a lifesaver!

• Love
Reactions: cissy

Ya, support braces are like having a hug, providing much-needed comfort and relief for moms-to-be during the final Trimester, especially when the belly reaches an un manageable size and weight! They're a godsend for back pain relief.

They're definitely a must-have during the latter stages of pregnancy to help with comfort and ease some of the aches and pains. I found one particularly helpful when I had SPD - it helped me stay mobile and supported my bump nicely. Would highly recommend investing in one!

I second this recommendation. Pillow support is so helpful not just towards the end but throughout pregnancy, especially if you're experiencing discomfort or any specific pain. They really help with getting a good night's rest and easing some of those aches. I found that having the right support made a huge difference!

They're definitely a must-have during the latter stages of pregnancy to help with comfort and ease some of the aches and pains. I found one particularly helpful when I had SPD - it helped me stay mobile and supported my bump nicely. Would highly recommend investing in one!
That's great to know about the benefits of pregnancy support belts! They're definitely a maternity essential that provides much-needed support, helping mums-to-be keep mobile and comfortable during pregnancy's latter stage.

That's great to know! Could you share some brands or models that you find comfortable, especially for those suffering from SPD?

It'd be useful for expectant mothers experiencing SPD symptoms to have some recommendations on the types of maternity support belts that are actually helpful. Some come with velcro straps, while others are made of stretchable material, and opinions seem split on which is better. It's one of those things you don't realize you might need until you really need one!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
I second this recommendation. Pillow support is so helpful not just towards the end but throughout pregnancy, especially if you're experiencing discomfort or any specific pain. They really help with getting a good night's rest and easing some of those aches. I found that having the right support made a huge difference!
Totally agree! We mummies need all the comfortable sleep we can get before the baby arrives! Pillow support is a big help and definitely one of the essentials throughout pregnancy, especially for our back aches and all the discomforts. It's good to have a cozy,restful slumber with the right pillows giving us all the support we need :)

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
It's great to have some pillow love. The right kind of support does magic for comfort, which is much needed throughout the pregnancy journey. especially for some shut-eye!

That's great to know about the benefits of pregnancy support belts! They're definitely a maternity essential that provides much-needed support, helping mums-to-be keep mobile and comfortable during pregnancy's latter stage.
Some may find them bulky and cumbersome though - these belts are not exactly sexy or sleek! But function over form is a reasonable tradeoff for expectant mothers who need the relief.

Yeah, I found the support belt super helpful in my third trimester. With all the extra weight and a misaligned center of gravity, it's easy to feel unbalanced and strain certain muscles. The belt really helped ease the backache and gave me much-needed support!

That's great to know! I'm approaching my third trimester so I'll definitely look into getting one. Thanks for sharing!

That's great to know! I'm approaching my third trimester so I'll definitely look into getting one. Thanks for sharing!
There's so much to prepare for the arrival of your little one, it can get pretty overwhelming! But the excitement makes it all worth it!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower and koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu