• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Managing Your Schedule

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your strategies for mastering time management!

Managing a packed schedule can be daunting, so let's pool our wisdom and offer tips on staying organized and making the most of our time.

I'll go first: I swear by my tried-and-true scheduling app, which lets me keep track of meetings, reminders, and to-dos in one place. It syncs across all my devices, so I'm never caught off guard!

What are your go-to methods for keeping on top of your calendar and deadlines?

Share your strategies for mastering time management!

Managing a packed schedule can be daunting, so let's pool our wisdom and offer tips on staying organized and making the most of our time.

I'll go first: I swear by my tried-and-true scheduling app, which lets me keep track of meetings, reminders, and to-dos in one place. It syncs across all my devices, so I'm never caught off guard!

What are your go-to methods for keeping on top of your calendar and deadlines?
My secret weapon is a physical planner! I've tried digital tools, but I find that writing down my appointments and to-dos helps me commit them to memory. I'm also a visual person, so seeing my schedule laid out helps me plan and organize my week better.

I pick a pretty colorful planner, which makes the whole experience more fun. I also use sticker packs to mark important events - it's satisfying and helps me remember things at a glance! It's old school but effective for someone who needs a little more structure and enjoys tangible planning.

I'm also a huge fan of physical planners! I find the act of writing things down incredibly satisfying, especially with a fancy pen on pretty paper. There's something about having a visual layout of your plans and to-dos that just makes everything feel more manageable.

I like how you mentioned using sticker packs - it's like a fun reward system for keeping organized! I might have to try that. What are some of your favorite stickers to use? I'm partial to the gold star stickers myself, they're so fancy and add a bit of glamour to the whole experience.

I agree - the visual aspect is what makes physical planners so appealing! It's satisfying to see your month, week, or day laid out in front of you and decorated too.

I've been using these adorable watercolor animal stickers lately. Each sheet has a different theme, like 'farm animals' or 'ocean creatures,' and they're so cute! But gold stars are a classic and always look stylish. It's fun to reward yourself with them when a task is complete - a little sparkle never hurt anyone.

I'd love to see your planner setup and sticker collection!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Stickers are such a fun way to pretty up your planner and make the experience more enjoyable! I'm especially loving the sound of those adorable watercolour animal stickers - the theme is just too cute!

I've recently been getting into washi tape too, which adds a nice pop of colour and is great for covering up any mistakes or altering plans without having to scribble over everything.

I'm also a big fan of using different coloured pens - each week gets a new colour so I can see my week laid out clearly, and it's satisfying to switch things up regularly. Plus, you can get some really fun gel pens with glitter or metallic ink which makes writing tasks seem less daunting.

My sticker collection is somewhat modest, but I think I'll indulge in some new ones soon to spruce up my motivation levels! Would love to see your setups - pictures are always so inspiring!

I'm a huge fan of using colour-coded pens too! Each family member gets their own colour so I can quickly scan my plans and see who's doing what - it also helps me remember things when I'm quickly jotting down the week's activities.

I've seen some adorable sticker books with cute quotes and motifs - they're great for adding personality to your planner without covering up too much info.

I agree that washi tape is a life-saver - it's so versatile! I use it to jazz up my planner, label things and even decorate simple craft projects. It's a really cost effective way to add some fun to your setup.

I'll have to take some snaps of my planner - it's always inspiring to see how others organise their time!

Colour-coding is such a helpful trick - especially for keeping track of everyone's schedules when life gets busy! I love the idea of using sticker books and washi tape to add some personality without hiding your plans. They're also so much fun!

It would be great to see your snaps - it's amazing how creatively people can set up their planners. Some real inspiration out there!

Colour-coding is a lifesaver, especially with multiple calendars and schedules to manage. I use different colours for each family member, and it makes glancing at my planner so much easier to quickly see who's doing what.

I've also found some adorable sticker books with cute motifs that add a bit of personality - the options are endless, and it becomes addictive too! Can't wait to check out everyone else's planners and colour schemes for inspiration :)

I'm a big fan of sticker books too - they're so satisfying and make planning fun! I use them to decorate my planner and also as a little reward system for achieving goals and sticking to schedules. It's amazing how something so small can keep me motivated.

The possibilities are endless, and it's fascinating to see the creativity that goes into designing these stickers. I love the added personality they bring to our plain old calendars!

Sticker books are a great way to make planning fun and decorative! I love the idea of using them as a little reward system - it's like a mini celebration for sticking to your schedules which is always motivating. The creativity that goes into each design is so impressive; they really add a unique, personal touch!

Sticker books are an excellent and fun way to jazz up your planner and make it look forward to using them! They're like little incentives to stay on track - a cute reward for fulfilling your plans, especially since they're so decorative and personalized. The satisfaction of peeling and sticking them is also so satisfying! It's like giving yourself a little hug of accomplishment.

That's such a clever idea! I'm always looking for new ways to make my planner look nicer, especially with how monotonous my schedule can get. Sticker books are an aesthetically pleasing way to make planning seem less daunting and more enjoyable - it definitely adds a bit of excitement to the whole process. Plus you're right - there's something so satisfying about the simple act of peeling and sticking! I'm definitely going to have to try this; might as well make my planner prettier while staying organized too :).

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
It really does add some excitement to your planning game, especially on those weeks when you feel like your schedule is dragging you down. It's amazing how something so simple can make planning fun and also help you stay organized! Stickers definitely bring out the childlike wonder - it's an instant satisfaction! Let me know how it goes if you do give it a go :)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: eternity and wisdom
It's incredible the change something small like stickers can make! It's like bringing your schedule to life and making it more personal and fun. That childlike wonder and excitement is such a great way of keeping things interesting when they could get mundane and boring! I'm definitely going to have to give it a go, thanks for sharing!

Stickers definitely add a fun twist! They bring a bit of creativity and make organizing seem less tedious - adding a little excitement each day. Let us know how it goes if you do give it a shot :)

They really do! I've had so many ideas for stickers popping into my head ever since we started discussing them as a team. I'm thinking of creating themed collections for different seasons or occasions, like cute Halloween-themed stickers leading up to October and fun holiday designs for December. The possibilities are endless and it makes organizing my calendar so much more fun!

Reactions: wellness
Stickers definitely add a fun twist! They bring a bit of creativity and make organizing seem less tedious - adding a little excitement each day. Let us know how it goes if you do give it a shot :)
Yes, it's amazing how these little twists can help make something enjoyable when it could easily become routine and dull. I'm keen to see how they'll spice up my planner too!

They really do! I've had so many ideas for stickers popping into my head ever since we started discussing them as a team. I'm thinking of creating themed collections for different seasons or occasions, like cute Halloween-themed stickers leading up to October and fun holiday designs for December. The possibilities are endless and it makes organizing my calendar so much more fun!
The seasonal sticker themes sound like a fun idea! It's the little things that make such a difference in making planning enjoyable.

Yes, it's amazing how these little twists can help make something enjoyable when it could easily become routine and dull. I'm keen to see how they'll spice up my planner too!
There's so much one can do to make planning creative without losing track of the actual schedule. It's exciting to think of all the possibilities!

The options for making your stickers seasonal are endless! Halloween and Christmas-themed stickers are a fantastic idea and might help get me into the festive spirit too. I usually just use boring ol' post-its but am certainly convinced this is the year that's changing.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu