• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Managing Toddlers

I love this perspective! Their wonderment and curiosity really are a beautiful reminder to enjoy the little things and slow down - it's easy to forget that not everyone sees the world this way, especially with all the busyness of life. It's lovely to hear you're embracing this stage with lots of exploration - here's to enjoying those simple joys and discovering new wonders together!

This stage really is so wonderful, it flies by so quickly and their little personalities develop more and more each day. I feel very lucky to be able to see the world through my toddlers' eyes - it's a beautiful perspective and a great reminder to appreciate the little things! We've been having lots of fun exploring together and finding wonder in the everyday - from discovering interesting insects and leaves on our nature walks, to playing with simple toys and making baking messes. Slowing down and creating space to appreciate these moments is such a lovely way to embrace this stage.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
I love this perspective! Their wonderment and curiosity really are a beautiful reminder to enjoy the little things and slow down - it's easy to forget that not everyone sees the world this way, especially with all the busyness of life. It's lovely to hear you're embracing this stage with lots of exploration - here's to enjoying those simple joys and discovering new wonders together!
It's a wonderful phase indeed - their curiosity keeps us on our toes! Exploring the world through their eyes is such a special experience, uncovering simple pleasures we sometimes miss as adults.

It's a wonderful phase indeed - their curiosity keeps us on our toes! Exploring the world through their eyes is such a special experience, uncovering simple pleasures we sometimes miss as adults.
That's so true! Toddlers see magic in everything, don't they? Their wide-eyed wonderment at the most ordinary things reminds us to find joy in the little delights life offers. This constant state of discovery keeps us parents on our creative toes too, coming up with new ideas to keep their interests piqued.

That's so true! Toddlers see magic in everything, don't they? Their wide-eyed wonderment at the most ordinary things reminds us to find joy in the little delights life offers. This constant state of discovery keeps us parents on our creative toes too, coming up with new ideas to keep their interests piqued.
It's a constant challenge to keep up with their boundless energy and curiosity! The questions never end, and we constantly need to come up with exciting and interesting ways to engage their young minds. It's a fun journey though, watching them discover new things and form their little personalities.

Yes, it's a wonderful perspective to have, seeing common objects and experiences through their curious eyes. It's like uncovering the world for the first time and reminds us to appreciate life's simple joys. Their unwavering curiosity can be exhausting but is definitely inspiring! Having patience as parents allows us to come up with fun and creative ways to engage these little beings.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Curious little beings they are! Their boundless energy and unquenchable curiosity certainly keep us on our toes. But you're so right -– it's a special kind of joy to discover the world anew through their eyes. Patience and creativity go a long way when managing these tiny tyrants...er, I mean, adorable toddlers! 😅

it's like being around little scientists, the way they explore and observe then get so delighted by everyday things! And yes, patience is key -– love how you call them 'tiny tyrants' - that's so accurate yet adorable 😁 It's also such a rewarding experience to watch them learn and grow and shape their personalities. What are some of your favorite activities or spots to take your little one to keep them engaged and tired (in a good way!) at the end of the day?

Reactions: lioness
They do explore the world with such wonder! I love taking her to the park, especially one with a big open field and lots of green space for running and people watching. She also loves being outside and just sitting on a bench 'people watching' - it's amazing how even the smallest things like watching other kids play or seeing a dog walk by can keep them entertained.

We also discovered a gem of a children's museum that has an amazing toddler area with lots of hands-on, interactive exhibits which is perfect for this stage because they're so eager to touch and figure things out. I try to switch it up often because she seems to be at the stage where she gets easily bored doing the same thing every day. Keeping them engaged certainly ensures a good night's sleep too!

They do explore the world with such wonder! I love taking her to the park, especially one with a big open field and lots of green space for running and people watching. She also loves being outside and just sitting on a bench 'people watching' - it's amazing how even the smallest things like watching other kids play or seeing a dog walk by can keep them entertained.

We also discovered a gem of a children's museum that has an amazing toddler area with lots of hands-on, interactive exhibits which is perfect for this stage because they're so eager to touch and figure things out. I try to switch it up often because she seems to be at the stage where she gets easily bored doing the same thing every day. Keeping them engaged certainly ensures a good night's sleep too!
That's great! My little one also loves exploring new places and discovering interesting things. It's wonderful to witness their curious minds at work!

An interactive museum is an excellent way to spend quality time together indoors, especially when the weather isn't so great outdoors. Has your toddler shown any particular interest in the exhibits? Mine seems to be fascinated with anything related to animals and nature, which is quite intriguing to watch.

The energy they have sure keeps us parents on our toes, but it's a joy to watch them discover new things every day!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom

Yep, my kiddo enjoys variety too and observes everything around him with curiosity. That's great that you've found a cool children's museum tot-spot with interactive bits for their eager hands! An inquisitive mind is a happy mind!

Yeah, got to keep their curiosity ignited! Nature trips are an excellent way to expose them to the wonders of the world and appreciate the simplicity of life. The museum visit sounds like a fun, educational outing, especially with interactive exhibits keeping their little hands and minds busy. Toddlerhood's such a delightful stage; their enthusiasm is infectious!

• Love
Reactions: musical and mamamia
Yep, my kiddo enjoys variety too and observes everything around him with curiosity. That's great that you've found a cool children's museum tot-spot with interactive bits for their eager hands! An inquisitive mind is a happy mind!
Yes I love fostering curiosities and providing opportunities for hands-on exploration especially during these crucial years where their senses are like sponges absorbing everything!

Yes I love fostering curiosities and providing opportunities for hands-on exploration especially during these crucial years where their senses are like sponges absorbing everything!
Encourage their curiosity by creating fun learning experiences. Using household items to make interesting sounds is a great way to stimulate their sense of hearing and get them exploring cause and effect.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu