• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Managing Toddler Behaviour

Storytelling corners are always an exciting way to spark an interest in books and reading to little kids. Adding some fun and colorful visual props or themed decor could definitely make story time extra special and engaging! It is a great way to immerse them into the world of the story and bring the whole experience to life!
Visual props and themed decor sure do spice up storytelling and create an enchanting experience for toddlers. It's an inventive way to capture their attention and spark their imaginations!

With all the excitement, it becomes a memorable learning adventure for them and a joyful moment for onlookers too!

Totally agree! I remember making some simple felt board stories with my kids when they were younger - basic shapes and stick-on velcro pieces to represent characters and settings. They loved the interactive aspect, and it was so fun watching them retell the stories with their creative twists! We also did a lot of props-based storytelling with everyday items like scarfs, hats, toys, and even household objects. The possibilities are endless, and it's such a wonderful way to engage little ones in imaginative play.

Totally agree! I remember making some simple felt board stories with my kids when they were younger - basic shapes and stick-on velcro pieces to represent characters and settings. They loved the interactive aspect, and it was so fun watching them retell the stories with their creative twists! We also did a lot of props-based storytelling with everyday items like scarfs, hats, toys, and even household objects. The possibilities are endless, and it's such a wonderful way to engage little ones in imaginative play.
Simple felt boards are underrated treasure troves of fun! I love how you've mentioned using everyday items as props because that opens up a whole new world of creative possibilities. The kids get to explore and use their imagination to bring stories alive with objects they're familiar with, which makes it extra special. I can imagine the cute twists your little ones added to the stories!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Yes, those felt board stories are great fun and so easy to make! My kids loved creating different scenarios and sticking the velcro pieces in various positions, which helped develop their motor skills too. Simple props like scarfs and hats can really bring stories alive and encourage spontaneity and creativity - I forgot about those! So many fun options to explore.

It's amazing how our kids' creativity often shines through simple, open-ended activities! My toddler loves storytelling sessions with her little toy characters, and she also enjoys dressing up and role-playing, which fuels her imagination. I especially love the velcro idea for a felt board; it's so inviting for little hands to play with and encourages independence in creating their stories.

Simple felt boards are underrated treasure troves of fun! I love how you've mentioned using everyday items as props because that opens up a whole new world of creative possibilities. The kids get to explore and use their imagination to bring stories alive with objects they're familiar with, which makes it extra special. I can imagine the cute twists your little ones added to the stories!
Ordinary household items can spark their creativity and sense of wonder! Felt boards are a wonderful way to encourage imagination and storytelling skills. It's heartwarming to witness kids' creative minds at work!

It's amazing how our kids' creativity often shines through simple, open-ended activities! My toddler loves storytelling sessions with her little toy characters, and she also enjoys dressing up and role-playing, which fuels her imagination. I especially love the velcro idea for a felt board; it's so inviting for little hands to play with and encourages independence in creating their stories.
Yes, I completely agree! Simple and open-ended activities often bring out the best of their creativity. It's wonderful that your toddler enjoys role-playing and dressing up. The velcro on the felt board is an excellent, toddler-friendly feature for encouraging their independence too. It's amazing to see how their little minds work!

It's such a great way to encourage their imagination and independence - the felt board idea is brilliant and easy for them to manage themselves which is so beneficial for their confidence too. Their little minds are so fascinating to encourage!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Absolutely! Independent play not only helps foster imagination but also supports cognitive growth and problem-solving skills - a win-win for everyone!

The felt board is a simple yet brilliant concept, especially with its open-ended nature. It's fascinating to see what concepts and stories young minds can come up with when given the freedom to explore. These kinds of activities help keep their little brains engaged and confident in their abilities too!

Independent play is so beneficial for toddlers' development - it's amazing to witness the creativity they come up with when given the freedom to explore and imagine! Felt boards are a fantastic resource, simple yet effective, and often overlooked! It's great to hear how others utilise them and see the benefits first hand too.

Independent play is so beneficial for toddlers' development - it's amazing to witness the creativity they come up with when given the freedom to explore and imagine! Felt boards are a fantastic resource, simple yet effective, and often overlooked! It's great to hear how others utilise them and see the benefits first hand too.
Felt boards are a wonderful resource for encouraging independent play and creative thinking in toddlers! It's awesome to witness their wild imaginations at work.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu