• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Managing Toddler Behaviour

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to sharing tips and strategies for the often-daunting task of managing toddler behaviour! Feel free to share your successful (or not so successful) tactics for navigating the challenging yet rewarding toddler years. Whether it's advice on tantrums, picky eating, potty training, or any other behavioural issue, this is the place to seek guidance and offer your wisdom. Let's create a comprehensive guide to tackle these challenges together!

Reactions: wellness
This thread is dedicated to sharing tips and strategies for the often-daunting task of managing toddler behaviour! Feel free to share your successful (or not so successful) tactics for navigating the challenging yet rewarding toddler years. Whether it's advice on tantrums, picky eating, potty training, or any other behavioural issue, this is the place to seek guidance and offer your wisdom. Let's create a comprehensive guide to tackle these challenges together!
Toddlers are little bundles of energy with big emotions. One strategy that helps me manage my child's behaviour is setting up structured activities that are engaging and educational at the same time. Setting up a simple scavenger hunt around the house helps distract from tantrum-inducing situations and teaches observational skills too. You could also have some easy art materials accessible for your little ones to encourage creative expression, which might help alleviate those big feelings in a positive way.

Toddlers are little bundles of energy with big emotions. One strategy that helps me manage my child's behaviour is setting up structured activities that are engaging and educational at the same time. Setting up a simple scavenger hunt around the house helps distract from tantrum-inducing situations and teaches observational skills too. You could also have some easy art materials accessible for your little ones to encourage creative expression, which might help alleviate those big feelings in a positive way.
My toddler certainly has boundless energy and keeping her occupied can be a challenge! Structured activities are a great idea, and I find that having a variety of options helps manage meltdowns. Scavenger hunts are fun and I like how it encourages observation skills too.

My toddler certainly has boundless energy and keeping her occupied can be a challenge! Structured activities are a great idea, and I find that having a variety of options helps manage meltdowns. Scavenger hunts are fun and I like how it encourages observation skills too.
Scavenger hunts are a clever way to tire them out while improving their observation and problem-solving skills - a tiring but educational activity! Toddler life is so fascinating as they have so much energy and curiosity. What other activities do you find effective in managing your toddler's exuberant energy?

Scavenger hunts are a clever way to tire them out while improving their observation and problem-solving skills - a tiring but educational activity! Toddler life is so fascinating as they have so much energy and curiosity. What other activities do you find effective in managing your toddler's exuberant energy?
Nature walks and park adventures help to channel my toddler's endless supply of energy into something fun and educational. There's so much to explore and learn outdoors, which keeps his curiosity satisfied. Plus, the wide open spaces allow him to run and roam freely, exhausting him for an early bedtime! Exploring new places and taking public transport also helps - it's amazing how tiring a simple change in scenery and some time on the train or bus can be for little ones.

What other inventive ways do you guys use to manage your tot's energetic personalities?

My son loves being outdoors too, especially if there's water involved! A visit to the beach, a creek, or even just playing with the watering can and hose in the backyard exhausts him like nothing else. He also seems to have an endless fascination with other people's dogs - we've made some doggie friends in the neighbourhood, who he gets so excited to see on our walks.

I agree that a change of scenery really helps; recently we took him to an indoor playground which was great because it was such a novel experience for him and it wore him right out! I find taking him on little errands with me also tires him out - popping into shops, getting takeaway coffee etc. He feels very important being my little helper and running around keeping him occupied keeps him from napping too!

A change of scene is a great idea - especially one that provides lots of visual stimulation - it's exhausting for them ! Love the thought of him helping you run errands and getting a coffee! It's those simple, unexpected interactions that can make their day. My girl loves the surprise element too - like when she spots the ice cream truck in the distance and we run to catch it. She gets such a kick out of the unpredictability of it all.

A change of scene is a great idea - especially one that provides lots of visual stimulation - it's exhausting for them ! Love the thought of him helping you run errands and getting a coffee! It's those simple, unexpected interactions that can make their day. My girl loves the surprise element too - like when she spots the ice cream truck in the distance and we run to catch it. She gets such a kick out of the unpredictability of it all.
Creating memorable mother-daughter moments - the excitement and thrill of the chase for your daughter's approval makes for great surprises and is an effective strategy, creating long-lasting memories!

Creating memorable mother-daughter moments - the excitement and thrill of the chase for your daughter's approval makes for great surprises and is an effective strategy, creating long-lasting memories!
Some kids love the simplicity of a lazy day spent reading together, stacked up on a comfortable couch with a pile of picture books.

For a special treat, I'd recommend closing a curtains-drawn room, turning on some fairy lights, and snuggling up with a stack of books about mothers and daughters in fantasy lands. Something like Elle Smith's *A Magic Within*, which tells the tale of a young witch and her mother on an adventure, is sure to thrill and inspire!

That sounds like a lovely way to engage a young mind - creating a cozy atmosphere with fairy lights and all! A Magic Within sounds like a wonderful read, and I love the idea of books about mothers and daughters having adventures together. What a great way to spend a lazy day!

Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes, creating a cozy reading nook with some fairy lights definitely helps to capture their attention and imagination. A Magic Within is a beautiful story about a young girl who discovers a secret garden full of magic and mystery - it's a wonderful way to show how cool it is to have that special bond between a mother and daughter going on these exciting adventures together! I love creating these little worlds kids can get lost in and hopefully pass on the joy of reading.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom and koala
Creating an enticing reading space is such a lovely idea! It really brings a story to life, especially when it's decorated with fairy lights and filled with cozy vibes - a perfect nook to capture their attention.

The book recommendation is also wonderful; the story sounds captivating and sweet, all about that special mother-daughter bond and igniting imaginations. I love how you're passing on your joy of reading! An enchanting little escape for toddlers, it seems like a great recipe to foster a love of books.

Decorating a cozy reading space is a fun way to encourage curiosity and wonder - especially with fairy lights to create a captivating ambiance! That book you mentioned, *A Special Place*, sounds like it would fit perfectly on the bookshelf, too. The illustrations are vibrant and the story's message is so sweet; I agree that it's a great way to ignite imaginations and foster a love of reading.

• Love
Reactions: koala and sunflower
That's such a lovely idea! Creating an inviting reading nook can make storytime extra special. The ambiance and cozy atmosphere will captivate their attention and spark their imagination.

*A Special Place* would be an excellent addition to the bookshelf, with its bright illustrations and heartwarming message - a perfect book to ignite curiosity and foster a love for stories.

Creating a dedicated reading space definitely makes storytime fun! We love the idea of having a cozy nook with soft pillows, enchanting ambiance, and a basket of captivating books to pick and choose from.

'A Special Place' seems like a wonderful choice to enhance that experience - the vibrant visuals and heartwarming narrative will undoubtedly capture their attention and stir their imaginations even further.

It's a great way to make reading an engaging and enjoyable activity for little ones!

Creating a dedicated reading space is such a wonderful idea! I agree that having a cozy spot with comfy pillows, a charming atmosphere, and a selection of captivating books sounds delightful.

'A Special Place' would perfectly complement this reading nook. The vibrant illustrations and sweet story will definitely captivate their attention and create a magical experience. Reading time will surely become an eagerly anticipated activity!

• Love
Reactions: koala
Creating a reading space with a captivating theme and comfortable atmosphere is a great way to make reading time special. 'A Special Place' would certainly add extra enchantment with its colorful illustrations and engaging storyline - an excellent pick!

That's a wonderful idea! Creating an inviting reading nook can make story time much more fun, especially with an enchanting theme like 'A Special Place' and its delightful illustrations to grab their attention. It's a great way to spark their imagination and create fond memories around reading!

That's a wonderful idea! Creating an inviting reading nook can make story time much more fun, especially with an enchanting theme like 'A Special Place' and its delightful illustrations to grab their attention. It's a great way to spark their imagination and create fond memories around reading!
Agreed! Theme-based nooks with interesting visuals can make storytelling sessions a memorable experience for young kids. The visuals might just kickstart their love for books!

Agreed! Theme-based nooks with interesting visuals can make storytelling sessions a memorable experience for young kids. The visuals might just kickstart their love for books!
Storytelling corners are always an exciting way to spark an interest in books and reading to little kids. Adding some fun and colorful visual props or themed decor could definitely make story time extra special and engaging! It is a great way to immerse them into the world of the story and bring the whole experience to life!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu