• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Managing Toddler Behavior

Snacks are a great way to keep kids satisfied, especially when there's a variety of fruits and textures to pick from! It's a simple yet effective tip that can help prevent those meltdowns.

Snacks are a great way to keep kids satisfied, especially when there's a variety of fruits and textures to pick from! It's a simple yet effective tip that can help prevent those meltdowns.
Fruits are an excellent, healthy go-to option that we can feel good about giving our toddlers. The different colors and flavors also make snacking fun!

Reactions: cissy
Yes having a good mix keeps their tastebuds and attention span engaged. Plus, it educates their palette - my little one now eats all sorts of fruits and veggies because we started them young with all manner of snacks! It's amazing what gets their seal of approval.

Fruits are an excellent, healthy go-to option that we can feel good about giving our toddlers. The different colors and flavors also make snacking fun!
The bright colors and natural sweetness of fruits certainly make them a fun treat for toddlers. Not to mention the different shapes too - it's like a mini adventure for them! It's amazing how something so simple can bring so much joy.

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
Yes having a good mix keeps their tastebuds and attention span engaged. Plus, it educates their palette - my little one now eats all sorts of fruits and veggies because we started them young with all manner of snacks! It's amazing what gets their seal of approval.
It's wonderful how exposing them early to a variety of food can train their palate. What other simple strategies do you find helpful for managing toddler behavior, especially in situations outside of the home?

Exposing toddlers to various tastes and textures early on is a fantastic idea as it helps them develop an appreciation for different foods. It's wonderful how curious they can be about new flavors and textures and it definitely pays off introducing them to a variety of healthy snacks like fruits and veggies. You never know what they might end up loving!

• Haha
Reactions: nature
It's incredible how toddlers can educate their palates at a young age; exposure to different flavors and textures is key indeed.

Exposing them to different types of food is a great way to educate their palate and develop their taste buds. It's wonderful that your toddler is adventurous with his/her food choices!

Exposing toddlers to various tastes and textures early on is a fantastic idea as it helps them develop an appreciation for different foods. It's wonderful how curious they can be about new flavors and textures and it definitely pays off introducing them to a variety of healthy snacks like fruits and veggies. You never know what they might end up loving!
Beyond snacks, I find that having a few go-to distraction techniques up my sleeve is useful for managing my little one's tantrums. For instance, I keep a small collection of their favorite toys and books in my bag, which I whip out during desperate moments. It's amazing how a beloved toy can help calm them down or shift their focus from a potential meltdown. Furthermore, keeping to a routine as much as possible - especially during travel - helps my children feel more secure and less likely to act up. Of course, there's only so much we can do and sometimes, a full-blown tantrum is unavoidable. I just make sure to stay calm and not raise my voice, which luckily doesn't happen often these days now that my kids are a little older!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: sunflower and koala
Beyond snacks, I find that having a few go-to distraction techniques up my sleeve is useful for managing my little one's tantrums. For instance, I keep a small collection of their favorite toys and books in my bag, which I whip out during desperate moments. It's amazing how a beloved toy can help calm them down or shift their focus from a potential meltdown. Furthermore, keeping to a routine as much as possible - especially during travel - helps my children feel more secure and less likely to act up. Of course, there's only so much we can do and sometimes, a full-blown tantrum is unavoidable. I just make sure to stay calm and not raise my voice, which luckily doesn't happen often these days now that my kids are a little older!
You're right, having some tricks up your sleeve is definitely helpful in managing toddlers' behavior, especially when you're out and about. A routine definitely helps - it's comforting for them and also makes life easier for us moms! It's great that you've found something that works for your family. There's no one-size-fits-all solution, so parents should find what best suits their little ones!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu