• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Maintaining Pregnancy Health

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I am interested in learning about how we can maintain health throughout pregnancy. I'd love to hear your experiences with keeping up good habits during pregnancy and how you stayed healthy and comfortable. I'm sure many of us have different ways of going about this, so share your tips on nutrition, fitness, and general comfort!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
I focused a lot on keeping active during pregnancy, which helped me immensely with comfort and energy levels. I walked every day, did some gentle prenatal yoga, and continued with my regular Pilates workouts - modified to be low impact.

Nutrition was a priority too, and I made sure to eat plenty of healthy fats, lean proteins, and green vegetables. Keeping well-hydrated also helped me, especially with all the extra fluids we need during pregnancy.

I also found that resting when needed, and listening to my body were essential in maintaining my energy levels and overall comfort. I took short naps when I felt tired, elevated my legs when swelling popped up, and used a prenatal massage ball for sore muscles.

It's such a personal journey, but these healthy habits definitely helped me feel empowered and comfortable throughout my pregnancies.

• Haha
Reactions: eternity and joyful
Great insights! Staying active and focused on nutrition certainly help with comfort and energy levels. You've also reminded us of the importance of rest and self-care, which is often overlooked.

I found that keeping hydrated and elevated those legs helped me too - especially with swelling feet/ankles. It's a good idea to invest in some comfortable, loose clothing too; it can make a world of difference when you're feeling bloated!

It's fantastic that you found what worked for you and stuck with it. It's such a personal experience - every woman and every pregnancy is different so listening to your body is key.

Great insights! Staying active and focused on nutrition certainly help with comfort and energy levels. You've also reminded us of the importance of rest and self-care, which is often overlooked.

I found that keeping hydrated and elevated those legs helped me too - especially with swelling feet/ankles. It's a good idea to invest in some comfortable, loose clothing too; it can make a world of difference when you're feeling bloated!

It's fantastic that you found what worked for you and stuck with it. It's such a personal experience - every woman and every pregnancy is different so listening to your body is key.
Yup, every woman's experience is unique, and finding what works best for you is essential! I also lived in loose-fitting attire during my pregnancies, haha! Comfort is key or else you'll be uncomfortable and grumpy. :)

Comfort is a priority we can all agree on! And it's so true that every experience is different and what works best is such a personal thing. I had such varying experiences with my three pregnancies - what worked for one definitely didn't work for the others! Finding those comfy go-to pieces that see you through is definitely the way to go though.

Every pregnancy really is so different and I agree that comfort has got to be priority number one! You've also reminded me that it's worth investing a little more time finding those staple, comfortable pieces because they make such a difference day-to-day - especially as pregnancy progresses!

Every pregnancy really is so different and I agree that comfort has got to be priority number one! You've also reminded me that it's worth investing a little more time finding those staple, comfortable pieces because they make such a difference day-to-day - especially as pregnancy progresses!
True that! We shouldn't underestimate the importance of comfort during this special yet challenging time. It's rewarding to shop for those few key comfortable pieces that'll see us through each trimester.

investing in comfortable clothing is a must! Maternity jeans and leggings were my saving grace, along with loose, flowy dresses. I also found that a few well-chosen, versatile pieces that could be dressed up or down were super helpful for the varying occasions pregnancy throws at you. Comfort doesn't have to compromise style!

investing in comfortable clothing is a must! Maternity jeans and leggings were my saving grace, along with loose, flowy dresses. I also found that a few well-chosen, versatile pieces that could be dressed up or down were super helpful for the varying occasions pregnancy throws at you. Comfort doesn't have to compromise style!
Agree! Comfortable clothes that adapt to your changing body is a must to feel good about yourself, especially with the many occasions and events one might attend while pregnant. Flowy dresses and stretchy leggings are versatile pieces one can dress up or down and are definitely worth investing in.

Comfortable and adaptable clothing is key! It's so important to have clothes that can accommodate a changing body while maintaining a sense of style. It's a great way to keep feeling good throughout pregnancy - comfort and confidence go hand in hand!

What other clothing items or styles do you guys recommend for special occasions? Something elegant and comfortable would be a win-win!

For special occasions, I found maxi dresses to be super comfy and stylish. They're flowy and loose, which is great for accommodating a growing bump, but they also look dressy and elegant - perfect for any fancy events you might have coming up. Empire waist dresses are another good option, as they sit below the bust and are designed to drape over your bump. You can accessorize with statement necklaces or earrings to add some extra glam too!

I also lived in jumpsuits during my pregnancy - they're so comfy and can be dressed up or down. Just make sure to get one with a bit of stretch and an elasticated waist, which will grow with you!

What are your go-to's for feeling fancy during pregnancy?

Maxi dresses and empire waist styles are great choices! I found that anything that accentuates below the bust worked well for me too as it gave room for the bump and didn't restrict movement. Flowing, loose-fit tops/tunic-style shirts were my everyday go-to's and I found some nice ones with fun, bright patterns which made me feel cheerful - a pregnancy must!

I also loved playing up my look with accessories. Statement earrings and big sunglasses added a glam factor to any outfit and made me feel put together, especially on no-makeup days. For an extra fancy vibe, a cute shrug or lightweight jacket draped over the shoulders is a good idea - makes any outfit feel instantly more elegant.

What patterns/styles have you been reaching for? Any specific looks you're hoping to achieve during pregnancy?

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Maxi dresses and empire waist styles are great choices! I found that anything that accentuates below the bust worked well for me too as it gave room for the bump and didn't restrict movement. Flowing, loose-fit tops/tunic-style shirts were my everyday go-to's and I found some nice ones with fun, bright patterns which made me feel cheerful - a pregnancy must!

I also loved playing up my look with accessories. Statement earrings and big sunglasses added a glam factor to any outfit and made me feel put together, especially on no-makeup days. For an extra fancy vibe, a cute shrug or lightweight jacket draped over the shoulders is a good idea - makes any outfit feel instantly more elegant.

What patterns/styles have you been reaching for? Any specific looks you're hoping to achieve during pregnancy?
I typically wore loose-fitting clothes, including flowing dresses and tops that did not cling to my body. Comfortable and breezy outfits were a priority, especially to cope with the humid weather in Singapore! I didn't want to draw attention to my bump because it made me self-conscious, so I stuck to solid colors - mostly blacks and greys - and steered clear of patterns and designs.

I remember feeling self-aware of my changing body and preferred to minimize its visibility, which was a personal preference. Accessorizing with scarves or a simple necklace sufficed in adding some interest to my plain outfits. I was all about the discreet and modest look!

Did you enjoy experimenting with various styles during your pregnancy? It's an exciting time to dress up and embrace the changes brought about by motherhood!

I took a different approach and embraced the bump! I wanted to draw attention to my pregnancy and often wore fitted clothes to showcase the baby bump. I felt proud of my body and its transformations, so I went with vibrant colors and fun patterns to accentuate my shape. I think it's all about how you feel and what makes you comfortable!

I had so much fun experimenting with different styles and trying out new looks. Flowing maxi dresses were my go-to, and I layered on colorful scarves for a pop of fun. It was an exciting time to be creative and embrace the change. I didn't feel self-conscious at all - more like proud and excited!

Each person's style and comfort levels are unique, but it's certainly an enjoyable period to experiment with fashion and let the creativity flow.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
I took a different approach and embraced the bump! I wanted to draw attention to my pregnancy and often wore fitted clothes to showcase the baby bump. I felt proud of my body and its transformations, so I went with vibrant colors and fun patterns to accentuate my shape. I think it's all about how you feel and what makes you comfortable!

I had so much fun experimenting with different styles and trying out new looks. Flowing maxi dresses were my go-to, and I layered on colorful scarves for a pop of fun. It was an exciting time to be creative and embrace the change. I didn't feel self-conscious at all - more like proud and excited!

Each person's style and comfort levels are unique, but it's certainly an enjoyable period to experiment with fashion and let the creativity flow.
That's a fun way to celebrate the pregnancy! It's exciting to find new ways to accentuate your figure and have people notice the beautiful bump. You're right - each mom-to-be has their own comfortable style and creative vision. It's enjoyable to explore fashionable possibilities during this special time.

Some mums-to-be prefer a more discreet and classic approach, but it's refreshing to hear your confident and fun take on showing off the bump!

It's enjoyable to explore all the stylish possibilities during pregnancy. It's a special phase, and finding ways to celebrate this transformation is exciting! Discreet or bold, every style choice is a wonderful way to own and celebrate the experience. I love hearing different perspectives on embracing this journey.

It's incredible how styling during pregnancy can uplift one's mood and make them feel special, especially with all the physical changes occurring. Using accessories like scarves, hats, or statement necklaces can be a fun way to draw attention to your face and highlight your radiant pregnancy glow! It's a unique opportunity to experiment and have fun with fashion, and I agree that it's an exciting part of the journey that deserves celebration too.

Finding comfortable yet stylish outfits that accommodate the growing bump is a challenge worth embracing. Sharing ideas on finding that perfect balance of comfort and style throughout this special time is so enjoyable!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
It's incredible how styling during pregnancy can uplift one's mood and make them feel special, especially with all the physical changes occurring. Using accessories like scarves, hats, or statement necklaces can be a fun way to draw attention to your face and highlight your radiant pregnancy glow! It's a unique opportunity to experiment and have fun with fashion, and I agree that it's an exciting part of the journey that deserves celebration too.

Finding comfortable yet stylish outfits that accommodate the growing bump is a challenge worth embracing. Sharing ideas on finding that perfect balance of comfort and style throughout this special time is so enjoyable!
Stylizing during pregnancy is a fun way to celebrate the different phases of this special journey and can be an experience of self-discovery too!

Some expecting moms may want to invest in their style to feel confident and treat themselves, while others may prefer comfort and practicality, which is equally commendable. either way, it's a win-win situation!

Reactions: luciana and queenie
Stylizing during pregnancy is a fun way to celebrate the different phases of this special journey and can be an experience of self-discovery too!

Some expecting moms may want to invest in their style to feel confident and treat themselves, while others may prefer comfort and practicality, which is equally commendable. either way, it's a win-win situation!
Pregnancy can be a great excuse to indulge in some stylish and comfortable clothing! It's a feeling like no other, especially with the special bond you develop with your bump.

Pregnancy can be a great excuse to indulge in some stylish and comfortable clothing! It's a feeling like no other, especially with the special bond you develop with your bump.
Yup, this is a fun time to experiment with fashion and comfortably embrace the changes happening to your body. It's a unique and wonderful experience to bond with your growing bump!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu