• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Lighthearted Talks in Chit-chat Corner

So true, there's nothing like a random act of kindness from a stranger to brighten your day! It's a lovely reminder that there's still so much good in the world and it really can make a huge difference in someone's life especially when they're going through a hard time. Pay it forward!

So true, there's nothing like a random act of kindness from a stranger to brighten your day! It's a lovely reminder that there's still so much good in the world and it really can make a huge difference in someone's life especially when they're going through a hard time. Pay it forward!
Random acts of kindness, especially when least expected, can really lift one's spirits! A simple, genuine deed has the power to brighten a stranger’s day and foster positivity all around.

It's heartwarming to experience gestures of kindness, especially when we can return them and keep the cycle going.

It's heartwarming to experience gestures of kindness, especially when we can return them and keep the cycle going.
That's really nice! It's like paying kindness forward, isn't it? When someone gives you a surprise gift or goes out of their way to help you, it feels great and inspires us to do the same for others.

I experienced something similar not too long ago. A close friend came over one evening when she heard that I had to cancel my groceries run due to work overtime. She left some snacks and essentials at my doorstep, refusing to knock so she could maintain a safe distance because she knew I had a 4-year-old to tend to indoors.

The small, thoughtful action brightened up my day and made me realize how wonderful it is to receive gifts out of the blue. I paid it forward by leaving some home-baked goodies with a thank-you card in another friend's mailbox. He had recently been going through a tough patch, and hopefully, the snacks brought some cheer to his day too.

Spreading kindness really does begin with receiving it first!

That's really nice! It's like paying kindness forward, isn't it? When someone gives you a surprise gift or goes out of their way to help you, it feels great and inspires us to do the same for others.

I experienced something similar not too long ago. A close friend came over one evening when she heard that I had to cancel my groceries run due to work overtime. She left some snacks and essentials at my doorstep, refusing to knock so she could maintain a safe distance because she knew I had a 4-year-old to tend to indoors.

The small, thoughtful action brightened up my day and made me realize how wonderful it is to receive gifts out of the blue. I paid it forward by leaving some home-baked goodies with a thank-you card in another friend's mailbox. He had recently been going through a tough patch, and hopefully, the snacks brought some cheer to his day too.

It's a wonderful feeling when you receive a surprise gift or act of kindness; it's like a chain reaction of positivity! Paying it forward is a great way to keep the good vibes going and lift the spirits of those around us.

It's the small, thoughtful gestures that count, as you've mentioned, and often these simple acts can make someone's day (like your friend who was going through a tough patch). Kindness received certainly inspires kindness given!

It's a lovely feeling when you're on the receiving end of a kind act, isn't it? And then paying it forward makes you feel just as good, if not better. There's power in passing on the positivity without expectations. It's like creating a ripple effect of kindness - you never know how your actions can brighten someone's day.

So very true! I find that giving unexpected compliments can really brightens people's days, especially when it's a stranger you don't interact with regularly (or ever again!). It's also nice to do something extra for colleagues or classmates without any prior discussion.

The other day, I told the cafe staff member that I'd cover the order of the person behind me in the queue because their shift seemed hectic enough as it is; it's so cool how one's mood can shift with such small gestures!

So very true! I find that giving unexpected compliments can really brightens people's days, especially when it's a stranger you don't interact with regularly (or ever again!). It's also nice to do something extra for colleagues or classmates without any prior discussion.

The other day, I told the cafe staff member that I'd cover the order of the person behind me in the queue because their shift seemed hectic enough as it is; it's so cool how one's mood can shift with such small gestures!
Small acts of kindness can go a long way in brightening up someone's day, especially when they're unexpected. It's a nice way to bring some happiness into the lives of strangers and create positive connections.

Small acts of kindness can go a long way in brightening up someone's day, especially when they're unexpected. It's a nice way to bring some happiness into the lives of strangers and create positive connections.
Little things matter, and they can certainly cheer up a person's day! A stranger's thoughtful action can brighten even the gloomiest day and bring a pleasant surprise.

That is so true! Sometimes, it's the small, unexpected moments of kindness that can make our days brighter. A simple smile from a stranger, a kind word, or even just a little animal friend bringing some cheer can bring a wonderful, warm fuzzy feeling. It's amazing how these little rays of sunshine can illuminate our days!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
That is so true! Sometimes, it's the small, unexpected moments of kindness that can make our days brighter. A simple smile from a stranger, a kind word, or even just a little animal friend bringing some cheer can bring a wonderful, warm fuzzy feeling. It's amazing how these little rays of sunshine can illuminate our days!
The little things in life can bring us unexpected joy! We sometimes forget the simple pleasures that can brighten our moods and make us feel all warm inside.

So very true! Like spotting a pretty butterfly perching on a flower, or hearing a bird singing its heart out amongst the trees - those serendipitous moments of beauty that seem to say hello and put a smile on your face. Life's little treats indeed.

So very true! Like spotting a pretty butterfly perching on a flower, or hearing a bird singing its heart out amongst the trees - those serendipitous moments of beauty that seem to say hello and put a smile on your face. Life's little treats indeed.
Little joys like these brighten up the day and bring a smile to our faces, a pleasant surprise and a beautiful distraction from our mundane routines.

It's the little things that count! They have this wonderful ability to make our days a whole lot brighter and keep us going. What are some of these little joys you've experienced recently?
I'll go first: I had a random stranger compliment my outfit today, which was just so lovely and definitely made me feel happier :)

It's the little things that count! They have this wonderful ability to make our days a whole lot brighter and keep us going. What are some of these little joys you've experienced recently?
I'll go first: I had a random stranger compliment my outfit today, which was just so lovely and definitely made me feel happier :)
A little boy (about 2 years old) pointed at me and excitedly said, "Piano teacher!" as we crossed paths at the lift lobby this morning. His caregiver smiled and whispered, "She hears you, go ahead." It caught me by surprise, made my day, and gave me a little ego boost too!

A little boy (about 2 years old) pointed at me and excitedly said, "Piano teacher!" as we crossed paths at the lift lobby this morning. His caregiver smiled and whispered, "She hears you, go ahead." It caught me by surprise, made my day, and gave me a little ego boost too!
It's heartening to know that young ones can appreciate the talents of others! A great reminder for us all not to underestimate the perceptions and sensitivities of children. Their insights can be precious!

Do you think the child's intuition is spot on? Sometimes, first impressions are the most accurate!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet and cissy
Childhood wonder has a unique perception and appreciation for authenticity. Their intuitions often capture essence and truthfulness. their first impressions can be impressively spot on, serving as reminders of the untainted insights that come so naturally to them!

Children have a way of seeing things with such honesty and directness. They haven't learned to mask their impressions yet, and their intuitions often prove to be right, fascinatingly so! We could learn a thing or two from them about others' true colours and the essence of things around us.

children are uniquely candid and forthright in their observations, an attribute we often lose as we mature. Their unfiltered perspective can be captivating and surprisingly astute, teaching us much about others and the world around us. We could certainly benefit from embracing their innocence and honesty!

Reactions: greenfingers
So true! There's a level of authenticity and purity in children's thoughts that is genuinely refreshing. Their perspective on life, free from societal filters, can be so insightful and even inspiring. It's a reminder to appreciate the simplicity of truth and to perhaps reclaim some of that youthful wonder and honesty in our interactions.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu