• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Life Made Easier

Yupp, multi-use items are a parent's best friend! I find that having versatile clothing pieces like that come in handy on so many occasions. They're such simple hacks yet can be such lifesavers!

Another one of my easy life-hacks is keeping a small portable speaker in the bathroom. My older kid loves listening to his favourite tunes while taking his sweet time in the shower - and it makes cleaning up more fun too, haha!
Oh yeah, I'm all for anything that encourages kids to look forward to bath time. Music can be such a happy mood booster!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
Having a basket of tricks and toys in the bathroom keeps my kiddo entertained while I shower and prepare for our day. Also helps to have a stock of baby-safe bath toys that can be easily reached and played with during bathtime! Save us mums and dads the trouble of entertainment on short notice, and makes for a smoother routine!

• Love
Reactions: queenie and koala
When the kids throw a tantrum in the middle of the mall, don't threaten them with consequences when you get home. Instead, tell them you'll donate their favorite toy to a charity shop right now. Works like a charm!

Also, for juice spills on clothes, just rub some toothpaste on it and pop it in the wash as usual. Save you the trouble of soaking and scrubbing!

Having a stash of cheap, disposable aprons - like the kind used for arts and crafts - can help save some laundry time too! They’re lightweight, fold up small so they don’t take up much space, and can be tossed away if they get really messy. Works well for painting sessions or especially messy meals.

Baby powder or talcum powder is great for cleaning sticky stuff like chewing gum or dried jelly/ice cream stains on clothing/furniture. Just dust it on and let it sit for a few mins & the sticky stuff just wipes right off! It also helps to pack powdery stuff like foundation/makeup into containers without any wastage.

Baby powder's a good, cheap hack for removing sticky stuff - labels, stickers, even residue left by stickers. Just dust some on, wait a bit, then wipe off!

And keeping a toy bag in the car is a great idea - easy entertainment for the little ones when you're running errands or out and about!

Yup, those speaker vibes in the bathroom can be a real mood lifter while cleaning up! Love how these little hacks make parenting that much more enjoyable.

The busy bag is also an awesome idea - keeping the kids occupied while we run our errands or during mealtimes out is a struggle real, and that's a brilliant solution! Light, easy entertainment for the win haha.

And yup, those multi-use clothing items are a must-have. So many uses, and they don't take up much space which is amazing!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: luciana and mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu