• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Life-changing tips for parents

Music is a wonderful medium to engage kids; it's entertaining and educational! It can easily shift moods, calm an upset child, or energize them for some wacky fun. Your secret weapon reminded me of another useful tip - using an activity board. My kiddo loves the variety of latches, locks, and other mechanisms that activity boards offer, keeping him busy and engaged while also learning about shapes and colors!
All these suggestions are making parenting sound so fun! I'm delighted to have stumbled upon this thread!

All these suggestions are making parenting sound so fun! I'm delighted to have stumbled upon this thread!
Yes, it's a great collection of ideas! Each little discovery makes the challenges of parenthood worth it.

Yes, it's a great collection of ideas! Each little discovery makes the challenges of parenthood worth it.
I find that creating a routine with some variety also helps, especially for introducing independence and giving my tot some predictability. Breaking away from the monotonous can be as simple as having dinner at the park or having a change in bathing time. It keeps things exciting!

I find that creating a routine with some variety also helps, especially for introducing independence and giving my tot some predictability. Breaking away from the monotonous can be as simple as having dinner at the park or having a change in bathing time. It keeps things exciting!
The little things matter! Creating fond memories with our little ones is what parenting is all about : )

• Love
Reactions: eternity
The little things matter! Creating fond memories with our little ones is what parenting is all about : )
You're absolutely right! The simple joys and memories created during parenting make all the difference. It's nice to have these little secrets up our sleeves to make parenting fun for both parents and children!

You're absolutely right! The simple joys and memories created during parenting make all the difference. It's nice to have these little secrets up our sleeves to make parenting fun for both parents and children!
It's amazing how creative we can get as parents to keep things interesting for our kids, isn't it? Do you have any go-to tactics that you fall back on for some family fun?

It's amazing how creative we can get as parents to keep things interesting for our kids, isn't it? Do you have any go-to tactics that you fall back on for some family fun?
There's always the old reliable - turning on some kid-friendly tunes and having a spontaneous dance session. Never fails to cheer up my grumpy child after a bad day at school! Works like magic, especially with some glow-in-the dark sticks as props!

There's always the old reliable - turning on some kid-friendly tunes and having a spontaneous dance session. Never fails to cheer up my grumpy child after a bad day at school! Works like magic, especially with some glow-in-the dark sticks as props!
Spontaneity is certainly a fun approach to light up any mood! The simplicity of a fun distraction works best for me, too.

Spontaneity is certainly a fun approach to light up any mood! The simplicity of a fun distraction works best for me, too.
Sometimes, all it takes is a quick change of scenery or an exciting new activity to lift everyone's spirits!

Sometimes, all it takes is a quick change of scenery or an exciting new activity to lift everyone's spirits!
Yes I also love how sing-along sessions can instantly lift the mood. There's no shame in turning up the volume and belting out some catchy kids' tunes, even for us parents! It always becomes a fun bonding session for both parent and child.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Yes I also love how sing-along sessions can instantly lift the mood. There's no shame in turning up the volume and belting out some catchy kids' tunes, even for us parents! It always becomes a fun bonding session for both parent and child.
That's the spirit! There's something about singing and dancing along to lively children's songs - they're just so catchy! Plus, seeing our little ones laugh and enjoy themselves makes our hearts melt. What other simple yet fun activities would brighten up a boring day for fellow parents?

• Love
Reactions: koala
That's the spirit! There's something about singing and dancing along to lively children's songs - they're just so catchy! Plus, seeing our little ones laugh and enjoy themselves makes our hearts melt. What other simple yet fun activities would brighten up a boring day for fellow parents?
Simple arts and crafts never fail to entertain both parent and child. Mess-free painting or easy origami are some go-tos, especially on rainy days!

Simple arts and crafts never fail to entertain both parent and child. Mess-free painting or easy origami are some go-tos, especially on rainy days!
Crafting is a wonderful way to engage kids, especially with the variety of themes that can be introduced! I like how it encourages creativity and keeps little hands busy. For younger children, painting or sticking pretty much anything onto a piece of paper can keep them entertained, which then becomes precious artwork for display at home - a nice little project!

Crafting is a wonderful way to engage kids, especially with the variety of themes that can be introduced! I like how it encourages creativity and keeps little hands busy. For younger children, painting or sticking pretty much anything onto a piece of paper can keep them entertained, which then becomes precious artwork for display at home - a nice little project!
You're right about how these little projects boost the kids' creativity. Also, it's so cute how they think their artwork is the best no matter what, haha! Have a great day ahead!

You're right about how these little projects boost the kids' creativity. Also, it's so cute how they think their artwork is the best no matter what, haha! Have a great day ahead!
I couldn't agree more! Kids are so unabashedly proud of their creations, it's adorable! Have a fantastic weekend!

I couldn't agree more! Kids are so unabashedly proud of their creations, it's adorable! Have a fantastic weekend!
the innocence of children reminds us not to be overly self-critical as well - that's a valuable life lesson! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Reactions: mamamia
the innocence of children reminds us not to be overly self-critical as well - that's a valuable life lesson! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
The little ones have this amazing ability to help us see life through their innocent eyes! Have a lovely evening!

The little ones have this amazing ability to help us see life through their innocent eyes! Have a lovely evening!
Their perspective on life is truly eye-opening. Have a good night's rest!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Their perspective on life is truly eye-opening. Have a good night's rest!
Goodnight everyone, and have a fantastic week ahead! Here's to hoping the bedtime routine goes smoothly tonight. Do dee do dee...

Goodnight everyone, and have a fantastic week ahead! Here's to hoping the bedtime routine goes smoothly tonight. Do dee do dee...
I hope your bedtime routine goes well too! Goodnight, and happy dreams to you and your little ones!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu