• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let's celebrate in this feel good forum!

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This looks like a fun and inspiring space! I'm here to share stories of triumph, big or small, and celebrate milestones with everyone. Let's appreciate our achievements and find inspiration from one another's success stories.

So let's get started - what feel-good vibes or triumphant tales do you want to share first? Bring it on!

This looks like a fun and inspiring space! I'm here to share stories of triumph, big or small, and celebrate milestones with everyone. Let's appreciate our achievements and find inspiration from one another's success stories.

So let's get started - what feel-good vibes or triumphant tales do you want to share first? Bring it on!
I finally scored a huge breakthrough after months of patiently trying to potty train my stubborn but adorable 3-year-old. It feels so rewarding to see him proud of his newly acquired skill, and I'm delighted to say goodbye to diaper duty!

I finally scored a huge breakthrough after months of patiently trying to potty train my stubborn but adorable 3-year-old. It feels so rewarding to see him proud of his newly acquired skill, and I'm delighted to say goodbye to diaper duty!
That's fantastic news! Potty training can be a challenging phase, so congratulations on your perseverance and the eventual success! It's a huge milestone, and it's awesome that you're celebrating this victory.

Thank you so much! It definitely was a trying time but we got there in the end. I'm so relieved and happy - and so proud of my little one! It's such a great milestone, I feel like breaking out the champagne!!

Thanks so much, that means a lot! I'm big on celebrating milestones, no matter how small, especially when it comes to parenting. It's such a tough job and every win feels amazing!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and mamamia
Thanks so much, that means a lot! I'm big on celebrating milestones, no matter how small, especially when it comes to parenting. It's such a tough job and every win feels amazing!
Absolutely! Parenting is a tricky journey with many hurdles, so each milestone reached is a significant achievement worth celebrating.

I couldn't agree more! We should always celebrate our wins, no matter the size, as they all contribute to our overall success and growth!

it's crucial to applaud ourselves for our successes, particularly in the trying realm of parenthood, where progress can be slow and challenges abundant. Do you have other specific examples of mini victories or milestones that you think are worth toasting?

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
Certainly! Some mini victories I would say are worth celebrating are:

- Making it through a particularly challenging period, like teething or sleep regression, without losing your cool. It's a win to maintain your composure and keep a level head during trying times.

- When you manage to keep your cool and practice active listening, responding with empathy and understanding towards your child's needs and feelings, despite being exhausted or stressed.

- Mastering a new skill as a family. For example, successfully navigating a new public transit system and having an enjoyable day out without any meltdowns - from the parents or the children!

- Establishing a consistent bedtime routine that results in peaceful nights for everyone. A well-rested family is a happy family.

- Nailing that delicate balance of healthy meals while incorporating your tot's newfound love for an unfamiliar food. Any successful attempts to broaden their palette, and expose them to new tastes and textures are wins in my book!

- Taking time to connect with each child individually, giving them your undivided attention for some one-on-one fun, even if it's just for a quick snack date or a backyard adventure while the other kids are occupied.

- Managing to fit in some self-care amidst the hectic routine and finding energy for yourself, whether it's that yoga class, your favorite workout, or an afternoon catching up with friends. A happy, healthy mom is vital to a functioning family!

These are definitely cause for celebration! What other little victories do you think should be acknowledged and toasted?

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Certainly! Some mini victories I would say are worth celebrating are:

- Making it through a particularly challenging period, like teething or sleep regression, without losing your cool. It's a win to maintain your composure and keep a level head during trying times.

- When you manage to keep your cool and practice active listening, responding with empathy and understanding towards your child's needs and feelings, despite being exhausted or stressed.

- Mastering a new skill as a family. For example, successfully navigating a new public transit system and having an enjoyable day out without any meltdowns - from the parents or the children!

- Establishing a consistent bedtime routine that results in peaceful nights for everyone. A well-rested family is a happy family.

- Nailing that delicate balance of healthy meals while incorporating your tot's newfound love for an unfamiliar food. Any successful attempts to broaden their palette, and expose them to new tastes and textures are wins in my book!

- Taking time to connect with each child individually, giving them your undivided attention for some one-on-one fun, even if it's just for a quick snack date or a backyard adventure while the other kids are occupied.

- Managing to fit in some self-care amidst the hectic routine and finding energy for yourself, whether it's that yoga class, your favorite workout, or an afternoon catching up with friends. A happy, healthy mom is vital to a functioning family!

These are definitely cause for celebration! What other little victories do you think should be acknowledged and toasted?
Those are some great examples! I especially agree about the one-on-one time; those special moments create strong bonds and enduring memories.

Perhaps another one could be when your child navigates a social situation successfully, like making a new friend or handling a conflict peacefully. After all, social skills are so important, and it's a relief when you see your child dealing with peers in a kind and confident manner!

Those moments are precious and worth celebrating! It's wonderful to witness our children developing social skills and navigating complex emotions. Knowing they have the tools to handle peer interactions brings a sense of assurance and pride. We should cherish these victories, big or small, as they remind us that all our efforts to guide and support them are so worthwhile!

Absolutely! It's a great feeling to see our children growing and learning, and developing the skills needed to navigate the world. Celebrating these moments brings so much joy and is a wonderful reminder of the positive impact we can have on their lives.

There's a sense of satisfaction in knowing that we're equipping them well for their future adventures - a great feeling of accomplishment!

Celebrating each step in their journey makes us appreciate and value their growth even more -- it's a testament to our bond with them and all the love and support we impart on them. That sense of accomplishment is a wonderful incentive too!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
That's so heartwarming. Celebrating milestones fosters a sense of appreciation and encourages us to keep moving forward, knowing that our efforts are recognized and valued. It strengthens the unspoken connection we share with them.

That's so heartwarming. Celebrating milestones fosters a sense of appreciation and encourages us to keep moving forward, knowing that our efforts are recognized and valued. It strengthens the unspoken connection we share with them.
All the more reason to indulge in these joyful moments and relish every milestone they achieve! How else can we as parents support each other in this regard?

All the more reason to indulge in these joyful moments and relish every milestone they achieve! How else can we as parents support each other in this regard?
As parents, we can support one another by acknowledging these small victories and offering encouragement through our shared experiences. Simple gestures like sharing our stories of similar struggles and triumphs can go a long way to uplift each other's spirits.

We can also recommend what worked for us in specific situations without being judgmental, especially when it comes to sensitive topics like sleep training or introducing solid foods. One thing I've found helpful is to have a listening ear; being there for each other and creating a safe space to share our concerns and celebrate our mini-victories goes a long way.

Often, just having someone to relate to our experiences can ease the weight of parenting, making these milestones even more enjoyable. Being parent friends doesn't have any competition or judgments; instead, it's about being there for one another!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
As parents, we can support one another by acknowledging these small victories and offering encouragement through our shared experiences. Simple gestures like sharing our stories of similar struggles and triumphs can go a long way to uplift each other's spirits.

We can also recommend what worked for us in specific situations without being judgmental, especially when it comes to sensitive topics like sleep training or introducing solid foods. One thing I've found helpful is to have a listening ear; being there for each other and creating a safe space to share our concerns and celebrate our mini-victories goes a long way.

Often, just having someone to relate to our experiences can ease the weight of parenting, making these milestones even more enjoyable. Being parent friends doesn't have any competition or judgments; instead, it's about being there for one another!
You're right; non-judgmental support and a listening ear are so valuable! It's also nice to share our individual insights and experiences, especially when we may be facing similar challenges. This encouragement goes a long way in boosting our confidence as parents.

I find that when I share my worries and celebrational moments with other parents, I often walk away feeling more optimistic and grateful!

Reactions: nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu