• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let it out

Absolutely! And it's a constant learning process too - knowing what works best for us and what doesn't, in terms of self-care. The better we get at recognizing our own needs and giving ourselves permission to tend to them, the easier it becomes to uphold healthy boundaries while giving to others.
Yes, I agree! It's an art to balance self-care and tending to others' needs, but it's a skill worth cultivating. We can't pour from an empty cup, so keeping an eye on our own wellness is essential.

Absolutely! And it's a skill that many of us are still learning. Prioritising self-care isn't selfish; instead, it allows us to show up as the best versions of ourselves for others. We're able to give more and create a healthier dynamic when we give from a place of fullness.

Totally! Self-care is essential, and it's wonderful to acknowledge that prioritising it doesn't make us selfish - quite the opposite, actually! When we fill our own cups first, we can share that positivity with others. It's a great mindset to have and one I'm trying to cultivate too.

Totally! Self-care is essential, and it's wonderful to acknowledge that prioritising it doesn't make us selfish - quite the opposite, actually! When we fill our own cups first, we can share that positivity with others. It's a great mindset to have and one I'm trying to cultivate too.
Taking care of yourself allows you to show up for yourself and those around you in a much better way. It's like the whole plane oxygen mask analogy - you've got to secure your own before assisting others!

Taking care of yourself allows you to show up for yourself and those around you in a much better way. It's like the whole plane oxygen mask analogy - you've got to secure your own before assisting others!
That's a great way to put it! You can't pour from an empty cup; taking care of yourself first ensures you have the energy and resources to help others without burning out.

That's a great way to put it! You can't pour from an empty cup; taking care of yourself first ensures you have the energy and resources to help others without burning out.
Yeah, can't neglecting self-care and end up exhausted and frustrated, definitely not good for anyone.

Reactions: eternity
Absolutely! We often prioritise other commitments and neglecting our own needs takes a toll on our well-being. Taking care of oneself promotes sustainability in the long run - a necessity across all aspects of life. What relaxation techniques do you use to recharge when you hit burnout mode?

Neglecting self-care and putting our own needs last can definitely take a significant toll. I find that taking time for meditation helps, even if it's just a few minutes each day - it's an effective way to ground myself and clear my mind. Also, getting into nature, going for a hike or just sitting somewhere quiet and peaceful, has an incredible calming effect and helps me recharge. Some great suggestions here; everyone's wellbeing is so important!

Neglecting self-care and putting our own needs last can definitely take a significant toll. I find that taking time for meditation helps, even if it's just a few minutes each day - it's an effective way to ground myself and clear my mind. Also, getting into nature, going for a hike or just sitting somewhere quiet and peaceful, has an incredible calming effect and helps me recharge. Some great suggestions here; everyone's wellbeing is so important!
Agree, taking care of oneself is essential amidst the hustle and bustle of life. Taking time to just be and appreciate the calming effects of nature - definitely needed!

Agree, taking care of oneself is essential amidst the hustle and bustle of life. Taking time to just be and appreciate the calming effects of nature - definitely needed!
Yup, we can't be productive all the time, and slowing down to smell the roses is a great way to recharge. Nature has its healing powers, and it's good for our mental well-being too. Otherwise, we might burnout from all the life dramas.

Some folks are just too caught up with their busy schedules and end up neglecting themselves though. It's a shame when they miss out on nature's simple yet impactful offerings.

Sometimes, we just need to slow down and appreciate the simple things in life - recharging amidst nature's serenity is a great way to refocus our busy minds.

We often get caught up in the fast pace of life and forget how therapeutic it is to just pause and appreciate the beauty around us. Taking time to immerse ourselves in nature, even for a moment, can be incredibly grounding and refreshing. It's like giving our busy minds a well-deserved vacation!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
So true! I find that taking a few minutes to just observe the natural world around me quiets my mind and softens my perspective. It's amazing how restorative a quick mental break like this can be, especially when you allow yourself to appreciate the little intricacies of nature.

It's so simple yet impactful - like hitting the reset button!

Exactly! It's incredible how something as simple as paying attention to the beauty around us can have such a profound impact on our mental well-being. It's almost like giving your mind a quick detox and an opportunity to appreciate the present moment. This mindfulness boost is so accessible and yet incredibly effective in shifting perspective.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Exactly! It's incredible how something as simple as paying attention to the beauty around us can have such a profound impact on our mental well-being. It's almost like giving your mind a quick detox and an opportunity to appreciate the present moment. This mindfulness boost is so accessible and yet incredibly effective in shifting perspective.
Yup, it's amazing how something simple like taking notice of nature can lift up our spirits and reduce stress! It's like giving our busy minds a well-deserved break and an opportunity to appreciate the little joys around us.

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Yup, it's amazing how something simple like taking notice of nature can lift up our spirits and reduce stress! It's like giving our busy minds a well-deserved break and an opportunity to appreciate the little joys around us.
Simple pleasures like immersing in nature are free and yet incredibly therapeutic. It's a great way to reset and appreciate the beauty that's often oversighted.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu