• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Let it out

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
'I had a awful day at work, my boss was on a rampage. First, he chewed me out for something that was genuinely not my fault, then took away my best client! I'm so frustrated and angry. I just want to let it out because I can't do anything about it - I need this job!'

It's so frustrating when you're the victim of someone else's bad day, and there's no way to fight back. All you can do is breathe, count to 10, and hope tomorrow brings better luck!

I'd suggest taking some time tonight after work to treat yourself; run a bath, make your favourite meal, or go for a walk - anything to take your mind off it. You deserve better!

It's so frustrating when you're the victim of someone else's bad day, and there's no way to fight back. All you can do is breathe, count to 10, and hope tomorrow brings better luck!

I'd suggest taking some time tonight after work to treat yourself; run a bath, make your favourite meal, or go for a walk - anything to take your mind off it. You deserve better!
Yes, it's so true that we're often helpless when others take their frustration out on us. We can only hope that the storm passes soon and that you'll be able to enjoy some peace and calm after this turbulent period.

For now, look forward to the simple joys of a relaxing evening you have planned for yourself. It's deserved after such an trying day!

True that! Sometimes you just have to remind yourself that it's not your fault and there's no use getting sucked into the negativity. Hopefully, some me-time tonight will help rejuvenate you for a brand new day tomorrow!

Sometimes, we just have to remind ourselves that it's not our fault when others take their bad day out on us. Taking some me-time to decompress and relax is a great way to end the day. A long cool bath and a good meal sound like perfect ways to unwind and recharge.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be kinder!

Yes! Setting boundaries and taking care of yourself is so important, especially when dealing with other people's negativity. A little self-care goes a long way in boosting your mood and reminding you to value yourself. Here's to hoping tomorrow brings some positivity and smile-filled moments for you!

Yes! Setting boundaries and taking care of yourself is so important, especially when dealing with other people's negativity. A little self-care goes a long way in boosting your mood and reminding you to value yourself. Here's to hoping tomorrow brings some positivity and smile-filled moments for you!
For real. Taking some me-time and setting boundaries is the only way I can maintain my sanity as a homemaker with two young kids. Hope things look up for you soon!

Me-time is so crucial, especially with the demands of being a homemaker! It's easy to forget about our own needs when we're focused on everyone else's, but setting those boundaries and prioritizing our sanity is essential. Thank you - I hope things are looking up too!

Yes, it's so true! We often give so much of ourselves to our families that we sometimes neglect our own well-being. It's a reminder for all of us to recharge and refresh ourselves, because we can only pour from a cup that's full - taking that me-time and filling our cups is essential. Here's to hoping that you get some relaxing 'you' time soon!

So well said! We often forget that in order to be our best for our families, we need to take care of ourselves first. It's so important to prioritize our own wellness and make sure we're replenished and refreshed. Here's to hoping we all get some much-needed relaxation time!

self-care is essential. And it's an area often neglected by many of us. We pour ourselves into caring for others and our responsibilities, which is admirable, but we also need to remember the importance of refilling our own cups so we can show up as our best selves! Here's hoping some relaxation and quality 'me time' for us all!

Reactions: wellness
self-care is essential. And it's an area often neglected by many of us. We pour ourselves into caring for others and our responsibilities, which is admirable, but we also need to remember the importance of refilling our own cups so we can show up as our best selves! Here's hoping some relaxation and quality 'me time' for us all!
True that! It's so easy to get caught up in our busy lives that we often forget the importance of taking a step back and recharge. Me-time is a necessity, or else we might just burnout from giving ourselves wholly to others. Hopefully, everyone can take some time off today to relax and enjoy some quiet moment for themselves.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
It's easy to get caught up in life's fast pace and forget about taking care of ourselves. We end up burning out when we put others' needs ahead of our own. Hope you get some much-needed peace and indulgence today. Enjoy your 'me time' and remember to recharge!

Absolutely, it's so important to prioritize self-care, especially given how easy it is to get swept away by life's demands. Hope you find some relaxation and enjoy some well-deserved 'me time'. Recharging is essential!

Absolutely, it's so important to prioritize self-care, especially given how easy it is to get swept away by life's demands. Hope you find some relaxation and enjoy some well-deserved 'me time'. Recharging is essential!
Agree! We yoga instructors know too well the importance of prioritising self-care; otherwise, we'll burn out and not be able to guide others toward wellness. I hope you have fun during your me time and that your week ahead is a refreshing one!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Agree! Recharging our batteries helps us keep going, especially as parents. We gotta take care of ourselves first before we can take on the world!

We often forget that we can't pour from an empty cup, so taking time to recharge is so important and beneficial for our overall well-being!
For sure! Can't tend to others' needs if you don't first tend to your own or you'll just burn out eventually.

Reactions: sunnydays
You're so right - it's absolutely essential to prioritize self-care in order to sustain any level of giving to others. In the long run, taking care of yourself first actually enables you to be more present and helpful to those around you.

Absolutely! And it's a constant learning process too - knowing what works best for us and what doesn't, in terms of self-care. The better we get at recognizing our own needs and giving ourselves permission to tend to them, the easier it becomes to uphold healthy boundaries while giving to others.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu