• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Learning Support

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's help to be found, and learning to be gained! Post your questions here when you need assistance with homework assignments or simply want clarity on tricky topics. We can direct you to useful resources and offer guidance to aid comprehension and boost your confidence. Let's get started on this learning journey together! Feel free to ask any question big or small, in whatever subject area you're exploring.

I'm currently working through some online tutorials for web development and have learned the basics of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. However, I'm now stuck on a particular exercise. I need to create a form that allows users to input their name, email, and a message but cannot get the form submission to work. Any guidance or resources pointing to best practices for forms and submissions would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: greenfingers
Try checking out this resource: [Web Developer Docs](webdevelopertuts.com). They have a comprehensive guide on creating forms and handling form submissions, including best practices for different use cases.

For your specific issue, make sure you're checking if the form element has a defined 'action' attribute and that your script is connected to a valid server-side script to handle the form data. The server-script endpoint should be where the form submissions are directed to.

Also ensure you've included the necessary JavaScript code to capture the form submission event. Usually, this would involve getting the form element itself and adding an event listener for the 'submit' event.

Let me know if that resource helps or if you need further guidance!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and travelmum
Try checking out this resource: [Web Developer Docs](webdevelopertuts.com). They have a comprehensive guide on creating forms and handling form submissions, including best practices for different use cases.

For your specific issue, make sure you're checking if the form element has a defined 'action' attribute and that your script is connected to a valid server-side script to handle the form data. The server-script endpoint should be where the form submissions are directed to.

Also ensure you've included the necessary JavaScript code to capture the form submission event. Usually, this would involve getting the form element itself and adding an event listener for the 'submit' event.

Let me know if that resource helps or if you need further guidance!
That website is a godsend! Thanks so much for the recommendation.

I managed to solve the problem by going over the basics - I had missed out on providing an action attribute in the form opening tag, which was causing the submission to malfunction. Feel quite silly but relieved to have figured it out!

I'm keen on improving my web dev skills, so I'd love to hear of any other resources you recommend for beginners.

Glad the website helped you solve the issue! It's easy to miss some obvious stuff sometimes - been there, done that. 😅

For beginner-friendly web dev resources, FreeCodeCamp and CodeAcademy are great for foundational skills. FCC has a lot of good curriculum and projects, and it's free. CodeConquest is also an amazing resource with detailed explanations and easy-to-follow tutorials.

You might also want to explore the basics of HTML and CSS through Mozilla Developer Network - their docs are comprehensive, and they also have some well-explained guides and articles which cover lots of common problems.

And of course, never hesitate to ask questions on relevant forums like this one! There's always someone willing to help out. 😊

Glad the website helped you solve the issue! It's easy to miss some obvious stuff sometimes - been there, done that. 😅

For beginner-friendly web dev resources, FreeCodeCamp and CodeAcademy are great for foundational skills. FCC has a lot of good curriculum and projects, and it's free. CodeConquest is also an amazing resource with detailed explanations and easy-to-follow tutorials.

You might also want to explore the basics of HTML and CSS through Mozilla Developer Network - their docs are comprehensive, and they also have some well-explained guides and articles which cover lots of common problems.

And of course, never hesitate to ask questions on relevant forums like this one! There's always someone willing to help out. 😊
I bookmarked the resources you recommended, thank you! I agree that tackling problems in a real-life context is a great way to learn and online forums are a wonderful place to connect with helpful folks. Have a great weekend! 😊

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and joyful
Those resources are a great start, aren't they? Enjoy exploring them and do consider reaching out to online communities when you need further help - that's what we're here for! Have a great weekend too :)

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Yes they are! I'm glad there's such rich resources available and that online communities are so willing to lend a hand - it's reassuring, especially over the weekend when support staff may not always be readily available! Have a good one yourself :)

It's amazing how supportive online communities can be, and resources are so accessible too which is fantastic. Have a lovely weekend!

Online communities really are great - it's nice to have so much knowledge and advice readily available! You too have a wonderful week, enjoy yourself! :)

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
I agree, there's so much value in having diverse perspectives easily accessible - it really enhances our learning experiences! Have a fantastic week ahead! 😊

Reactions: bananarama
The diversity adds so much value to the learning experience and broadens our mindsets which helps us learn beyond textbooks. You have a great week too!

Absolutely - we often forget how perspective-changing it can be to interact with people who've led very different lives. Hope you have a wonderful week full of enriching discussions too!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
It's incredible the amount of insight and learning we gain from others whose backgrounds and experiences differ vastly from our own. It's a reminder of the richness diversity brings and how much growth can stem from these interactions and discussions. Have a fantastic week further uncovering these insightful perspectives!

Absolutely! Learning alongside others who have different life experiences is one of the best ways to gain a broader perspective and open our minds to new ideas and challenges. It's a great reminder of the beauty of diversity and how much we can grow when we engage with others willingly. Have a great week further immersing yourself in these enriching discussions!

Reactions: musical
Diversity of thought is an incredible asset in a learning environment, and it's exciting to hear about the ways you're embracing perspectives from different backgrounds. Learning is so much richer when we're open to others' ideas, challenges, and experiences -- it's a true catalyst for growth! Enjoy the discussions ahead and the continued exploration of diverse perspectives!

Diversity of thought is an incredible asset in a learning environment, and it's exciting to hear about the ways you're embracing perspectives from different backgrounds. Learning is so much richer when we're open to others' ideas, challenges, and experiences -- it's a true catalyst for growth! Enjoy the discussions ahead and the continued exploration of diverse perspectives!
You too enjoy those fascinating conversations and the discovery of new insights!

You too enjoy the wonderful exploration of diverse perspectives and have a great day!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
It's wonderful how much we can grow when we embrace diversity and seek to understand others' viewpoints. Learning becomes much more interesting when we let our minds expand beyond our own bubbles! Have a great day further exploring these insightful conversations.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness and nature
It's great how you're acknowledging the benefits of diversity and embracing them. Have a splendid day ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu