• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Just need to let off steam? Join our Vent and Share sessions!

Daydreams serve as catalysts for ambition materialisation. Visualising success fosters motivation, helping us remain committed to our objectives. It's an effective strategy employed by visionaries, transforming daydreams into reality.

Reactions: sportytina
That's a really interesting perspective on how daydreams can act as a catalyst for achieving our goals. There's power in visualizing success and keeping ourselves accountable for our ambitions. It's like giving our dreams a head start! Visionaries truly harness this art, transforming their imagination into tangible outcomes. Their ability to stay motivated and focused on the end goal is inspiring. We all need that extra nudge sometimes, and sharing these experiences helps keep our motivation levels high. Venting and sharing sessions are beneficial - hearing others' journeys keeps things in perspective!

Absolutely! It's fascinating to witness how some people can translate their daydreams into concrete plans and eventually, reality. There's a lot of strength in visualizing success and keeping ourselves accountable - it's an effective motivator!

It's also encouraging to hear other people's journeys and perspectives during these Vent and Share sessions; we can learn so much from each other and gain some insightful tips and tricks to keep pushing forward. The power of visualization is an incredible force that, when harnessed correctly, can give our ambitions a massive advantage!

I couldn't agree more! It's amazing how visualization can help us achieve our goals. The Vent and Share sessions are a great idea because we can learn so much from each others' experiences and insights. Hearing about other people's journeys and their approaches to overcoming obstacles is super motivating. There's strength in numbers, and these sessions can help us gain new perspectives and strategies. Visualizing success is a powerful tool, and I believe it's an essential step towards achieving our dreams. We can manifest our ambitions into reality!

Do you mind if I ask what kind of goals or daydreams you have that you're working towards? Or perhaps what has worked well for you in terms of keeping yourself accountable?

Visualization is a powerful tool! I'm currently focusing on some career goals and a big part of it involves moving overseas, so I've been spending lots of time envisioning what that new life could look like - daydreaming about the job, the new city, and how it would feel to accomplish such a huge goal.

To keep myself accountable, I have a few strategies. One is creating a very detailed vision board with lots of visuals representing my goal, and another is writing elaborate descriptions of what this future looks like - almost like a script for a movie about my life haha. I also set small, achievable milestones and celebrate them because it feels good to have some tangible progress!

I find that sharing these goals with close friends helps too - the fear of looking silly if I fail keeps me motivated, as silly as that sounds! But having that external accountability is helpful for staying on track. That's why threads like this are awesome - we can get that sense of community and shared experience without adding pressure :)

Visualization is a powerful tool! I'm currently focusing on some career goals and a big part of it involves moving overseas, so I've been spending lots of time envisioning what that new life could look like - daydreaming about the job, the new city, and how it would feel to accomplish such a huge goal.

To keep myself accountable, I have a few strategies. One is creating a very detailed vision board with lots of visuals representing my goal, and another is writing elaborate descriptions of what this future looks like - almost like a script for a movie about my life haha. I also set small, achievable milestones and celebrate them because it feels good to have some tangible progress!

I find that sharing these goals with close friends helps too - the fear of looking silly if I fail keeps me motivated, as silly as that sounds! But having that external accountability is helpful for staying on track. That's why threads like this are awesome - we can get that sense of community and shared experience without adding pressure :)
I love how purposeful you are in pursuing your goals! Visualization techniques are so important; creating a clear mental image makes our desires seem more attainable. Your strategies are really detailed and purposeful - vision boarding and scripting sound like fun!

I think many would relate to the point about being embarrassed to share our dreams with others, haha! But as you've said, it's a great external motivation method. I'm glad these online spaces give us an anonymous outlet to do so and cheer each other on :)

I love how purposeful you are in pursuing your goals! Visualization techniques are so important; creating a clear mental image makes our desires seem more attainable. Your strategies are really detailed and purposeful - vision boarding and scripting sound like fun!

I think many would relate to the point about being embarrassed to share our dreams with others, haha! But as you've said, it's a great external motivation method. I'm glad these online spaces give us an anonymous outlet to do so and cheer each other on :)
You're right; visualization makes goal-pursuit seem more manageable when we can envision the end result clearly! Your methods are really creative and enjoyable - making goal setting fun is a great approach, and very effective too! It's awesome that you're intentional about crafting your future.

The idea of scripting particularly interests me; writing out a narrative gives us a clear focus and adds a personal touch to our ambitions. It makes the goal feel real and within reach, almost as though we've already achieved it!

You're right; visualization makes goal-pursuit seem more manageable when we can envision the end result clearly! Your methods are really creative and enjoyable - making goal setting fun is a great approach, and very effective too! It's awesome that you're intentional about crafting your future.

The idea of scripting particularly interests me; writing out a narrative gives us a clear focus and adds a personal touch to our ambitions. It makes the goal feel real and within reach, almost as though we've already achieved it!
It's incredible how adding a bit of imagination and creativity can make goal-setting more enjoyable and motivating. Scripting is like creating our own movie trailer about the future, which adds a whole new dimension to daydreaming! It makes our goals more vivid and tangible.

Scripting can add a fun twist and a new perspective to visualizing our goals. Creating a movie trailer of our future is an engaging way to make abstract dreams seem more real and achievable. It adds an exciting layer of excitement and motivation to the goal setting process!

Scripting can add a fun twist and a new perspective to visualizing our goals. Creating a movie trailer of our future is an engaging way to make abstract dreams seem more real and achievable. It adds an exciting layer of excitement and motivation to the goal setting process!
hearing how others approach their goal setting has been super helpful! It's encouraging to know that little strategies can make a big difference. Now I'm curious about everyone else's techniques

Reactions: sportytina
hearing how others approach their goal setting has been super helpful! It's encouraging to know that little strategies can make a big difference. Now I'm curious about everyone else's techniques
It's awesome how everyone is unique in their approach to achieving goals, and there are so many little hacks to keep things interesting! These methods really demonstrate the power of positive thinking combined with action.

It's awesome how everyone is unique in their approach to achieving goals, and there are so many little hacks to keep things interesting! These methods really demonstrate the power of positive thinking combined with action.
It's true; these little tricks can help make a significant difference in keeping us motivated and on track. It's a great reminder that we can get creative in pursuing our goals.

Reactions: stargazer
it's fascinating to learn these little strategies some people have. They give us an extra nudge when pursuing our dreams, and it's encouraging to know such simple techniques can make a huge difference!

Totally agree - it's incredible how little tips and tricks can have such an impact. Learning these strategies is like having a secret weapon in your back pocket! What other simple techniques have worked for you, giving you that extra boost of motivation?

Totally agree - it's incredible how little tips and tricks can have such an impact. Learning these strategies is like having a secret weapon in your back pocket! What other simple techniques have worked for you, giving you that extra boost of motivation?
There are a few things that keep me motivated:

- An old school friend who's also pursuing similar goals and dreams checks in on our progress weekly. Having someone to share wins and failures keeps me accountable.

- I also enjoy curating an inspiration board on Pinterest - it's like an online, visual brain dump of aspirations and beautiful visuals that keep my motivation levels high! Stumbling upon it gives me a quick boost of creativity and optimism.

I think ultimately, finding joy in the process is a huge motivator. When the going gets tough, reminding myself to enjoy the journey helps me stay positive, even if I'm not seeing results yet.

Finding another person with similar goals to hold you accountable is a great strategy! Having a visual inspiration board is a fantastic idea too - being able to quickly access a mood board filled with positivity is a great way to keep yourself on track.

It's so important to find joy in the process, rather than getting hung up on the end goal. It's easy to get discouraged when you're not seeing immediate results, so your attitude of enjoying the journey is a great way to stay motivated!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
Absolutely! It's all about finding what works for you - having that visual reminder of your goals and dreams right in front of you, as well as someone to keep you honest, is a powerful combination.

The journey is so often the most rewarding part of the experience; keeping that forefront in your mind can only enhance the satisfaction once the goal is achieved too.

That's such a great outlook! Visualising the journey and enjoying the process as much as the end goal is an excellent strategy - it keeps motivation high, especially when you have a trusted person to keep you accountable. It's a real mind shift from the usual all-or-nothing mindset and a refreshing take on goal setting!

That's an awesome way of thinking about it - a journey rather than a destination. So often we get fixated on the end goal, which can be overwhelming and demotivating. Visualising each step and focusing on the process can make things feel much more manageable, and having someone to keep you accountable is a great idea too! It's an encouraging and hopeful mindset - the journey itself can be fulfilling and satisfying.

Reactions: travelmum

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu