• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Juggling Work and Family

Enjoy that peace while you can! It won't last long and that's okay too - chaos has a certain charm of its own, especially when it's family chaos. We're all juggling many roles and responsibilities; I'm curious about others' strategies for finding balance or at least maintaining sanity!
Yes, it won't last but we can take these moments to savor the tranquility amidst the eventual chaotic yet fun family life. I find that organizing my time by having a daily and weekly schedule helps me keep some semblance of structure especially on days I feel frazzled. It gives me some perspective on what needs urgent attention amidst the mayhem.

I also try to keep an activity pack stashed away with low-mess craft supplies for rainy days or when I need to prep meals; it's a life saver on such occasions. Having dedicated time for myself outside of family time, even if it's just 30 minutes to take a quiet walk, helps too because it gives me a chance to recharge and refocus amidst the demands of family life.

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Yes, it won't last but we can take these moments to savor the tranquility amidst the eventual chaotic yet fun family life. I find that organizing my time by having a daily and weekly schedule helps me keep some semblance of structure especially on days I feel frazzled. It gives me some perspective on what needs urgent attention amidst the mayhem.

I also try to keep an activity pack stashed away with low-mess craft supplies for rainy days or when I need to prep meals; it's a life saver on such occasions. Having dedicated time for myself outside of family time, even if it's just 30 minutes to take a quiet walk, helps too because it gives me a chance to recharge and refocus amidst the demands of family life.
Organisational tools definitely help keep things in order! A visual calendar that the whole family can see is also helpful to keep everyone on the same page. I like your idea of a stash for low-mess crafts - that window of focused, independent play is golden when we need some breathing space!

Taking some time for ourselves is vital; otherwise, we might lose ourselves in the demands of our caregiving roles. It's an art to learn, this balancing act, and very individual too--what works for one might not work for another.

Organisational tools definitely help keep things in order! A visual calendar that the whole family can see is also helpful to keep everyone on the same page. I like your idea of a stash for low-mess crafts - that window of focused, independent play is golden when we need some breathing space!

Taking some time for ourselves is vital; otherwise, we might lose ourselves in the demands of our caregiving roles. It's an art to learn, this balancing act, and very individual too--what works for one might not work for another.
So true, it definitely requires some trial and error to figure out what strategies suit our family dynamics best. I'm finding that some structure with some flexibility works well because things rarely go exactly according to plan!

Visual calendars are a great idea for keeping the whole family aware of schedules, and I think the concept can be adapted creatively too - like a shared whiteboard with cute stickers or something! Makes it fun and engaging for everyone to keep track.

Structure with flexibility is key, especially with the unpredictable nature of schedules. Visual calendars are a great, engaging way to keep on top of things and adapt when plans inevitably change! Stickers and whiteboards can make planning fun too - a good way to involve the whole family and keep everyone informed.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Structure is paramount, especially with ever-changing routines. Using visual tools like calendars, stickers, and whiteboards makes planning fun and engaging. This method keeps the entire family involved and aware of upcoming plans while adapting to changes seamlessly.

Visual tools are a fantastic way to keep everyone on the same page, especially with busy family schedules! It's a great way to ensure everyone is aware of any changes and can visually prepare and plan together. I'm a big fan of using different colour codes for each family member too - makes identifying plans at a glance much easier!

Reactions: sunnybunny
Visual tools are a fantastic way to keep everyone on the same page, especially with busy family schedules! It's a great way to ensure everyone is aware of any changes and can visually prepare and plan together. I'm a big fan of using different colour codes for each family member too - makes identifying plans at a glance much easier!
Different coloured code markers are certainly handy for differentiating between the schedules of different family members! It definitely helps to have one central hub for everyone's planning. Makes decision-making easier too, when everyone can see each other's timelines.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu