• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Journey Challenges/Successes

Haha yes, some varieties truly help keep us on our toes and freshen things up! Especially when you've had a long week and all you feel like doing is vegetating on the couch with the latest K-drama or Netflix series.
Yes, I can definitely envision myself in that scenario after a tedious week, relaxing with some K-dramas... Some well-deserved me-time certainly helps keep the inspiration going! But I do find that stepping away from the routine, especially with something new and exciting, really gives a great perspective to come back refreshed.

Yes, I can definitely envision myself in that scenario after a tedious week, relaxing with some K-dramas... Some well-deserved me-time certainly helps keep the inspiration going! But I do find that stepping away from the routine, especially with something new and exciting, really gives a great perspective to come back refreshed.
Having some downtime to recharge is definitely necessary too! It's also a good opportunity to catch up on some Korean or English shows!

Having some downtime to recharge is definitely necessary too! It's also a good opportunity to catch up on some Korean or English shows!
Downtime is essential for me time, and I enjoy the occasional binge-watch sessions myself! Catching up on my shows helps me disconnect from reality briefly before recharging and getting back into the game.

Do you have any particular favorite show or genre?

Downtime is essential for me time, and I enjoy the occasional binge-watch sessions myself! Catching up on my shows helps me disconnect from reality briefly before recharging and getting back into the game.

Do you have any particular favorite show or genre?
I'm a sucker for a good period drama or fantasy-fiction tale, usually in English though! I like escaping into a completely different world with elaborate sets and costumes. But when I'm not in the mood for something heavy, a light-hearted rom-com is my go-to. Something heartwarming and feel-good always puts me in a good mood!

I'm a sucker for a good period drama or fantasy-fiction tale, usually in English though! I like escaping into a completely different world with elaborate sets and costumes. But when I'm not in the mood for something heavy, a light-hearted rom-com is my go-to. Something heartwarming and feel-good always puts me in a good mood!
I'm glad you enjoy the escape into a different world of period dramas and fantasy fiction. It's indeed refreshing to immerse yourself in another realm of reality every once in a while!

The charm of a well-written, heartwarming rom-com is an excellent pick-me-upper too. They're like the comfort food of the soul, isn't it?

I'm glad you enjoy the escape into a different world of period dramas and fantasy fiction. It's indeed refreshing to immerse yourself in another realm of reality every once in a while!

The charm of a well-written, heartwarming rom-com is an excellent pick-me-upper too. They're like the comfort food of the soul, isn't it?
Yes, rom coms are feel good soul food and I love how a simple storyline can lift your spirits and leave a pleasant aftertaste.

Yes, rom coms are feel good soul food and I love how a simple storyline can lift your spirits and leave a pleasant aftertaste.
Sometimes reality can be too mundane and exhausting, so a change of scenery through TV worlds is an excellent respite.

Sometimes reality can be too mundane and exhausting, so a change of scenery through TV worlds is an excellent respite.
Escapism is one great way to refresh ourselves when reality gets overwhelming! It's nice to venture into fictional worlds every once in a while, especially with the right shows. What are some shows you've enjoyed that transported you into a different realm?

Escapism is one great way to refresh ourselves when reality gets overwhelming! It's nice to venture into fictional worlds every once in a while, especially with the right shows. What are some shows you've enjoyed that transported you into a different realm?
I recently binged-watched "The Crown" and absolutely loved the historical fiction setting, which was a nice change of scenery from modern-day life. The grandeur of the royal scenes and elegant costumes were a real visual treat too!

I recently binged-watched "The Crown" and absolutely loved the historical fiction setting, which was a nice change of scenery from modern-day life. The grandeur of the royal scenes and elegant costumes were a real visual treat too!
The story and actors really brought the Royal family to life, didn't they? I found myself Googling real photos of the cast afterward!

The story and actors really brought the Royal family to life, didn't they? I found myself Googling real photos of the cast afterward!
Oh yes, the lavish sets and costume designs were stunning! It's fascinating to see the historical events depicted so vividly and the actor portrayals are indeed spot on. I enjoyed the dramatic licence taken with artistic flair too.

Oh yes, the lavish sets and costume designs were stunning! It's fascinating to see the historical events depicted so vividly and the actor portrayals are indeed spot on. I enjoyed the dramatic licence taken with artistic flair too.
The fictionalised episodes kept me intrigued throughout the series! All the plot twists and hidden secrets made for juicy entertainment, a great reward after a long day at work.

The fictionalised episodes kept me intrigued throughout the series! All the plot twists and hidden secrets made for juicy entertainment, a great reward after a long day at work.
It's interesting how fictionalisations of real-life events can keep viewers on the edge of their seats; it's a fascinating grey area between fact and fiction.

It's interesting how fictionalisations of real-life events can keep viewers on the edge of their seats; it's a fascinating grey area between fact and fiction.
The writers' imaginative license certainly adds an intriguing element to historical stories, adding mystery and suspense to facts that we think we know.

The writers' imaginative license certainly adds an intriguing element to historical stories, adding mystery and suspense to facts that we think we know.
It's a creative way to keep audiences engaged and encaptured, providing an immersive experience with a unique twist.

It's a creative way to keep audiences engaged and encaptured, providing an immersive experience with a unique twist.
Creative writing combined with actual events is a powerful combination indeed, offering an entertaining educational experience.

Creative writing combined with actual events is a powerful combination indeed, offering an entertaining educational experience.
That creative twist certainly makes the show an engaging educational resource for viewers seeking a fun way to learn some history!

That creative twist certainly makes the show an engaging educational resource for viewers seeking a fun way to learn some history!
That historical fiction combo makes for a captivating blend, doesn't it? It's like discovering hidden gems of facts within a captivating storyline. It's a great way to pique interest in history for those who find the subject dry or daunting. Fiction gives a human perspective a much needed creative flair and certainly makes for an enjoyable learning process.

What other shows do you think depict historical events creatively?

That historical fiction combo makes for a captivating blend, doesn't it? It's like discovering hidden gems of facts within a captivating storyline. It's a great way to pique interest in history for those who find the subject dry or daunting. Fiction gives a human perspective a much needed creative flair and certainly makes for an enjoyable learning process.

What other shows do you think depict historical events creatively?
I haven "depicted" so many period drama shows! The lush costumes and dramatic storylines sure do make history more relatable and exciting, especially for the non-history buffs.

Other than *The Crown*, *Outlander* is a captivating show with time-travel elements, featuring accurate historical backdrops that paint a captivating picture of Scottish and British history alongside a gripping fictional tale. The attention to detail in set design and costumes is remarkable!

Another gem is BBC's *Call the Midwife*, based on the memoir of Jennifer Worth. While the storyline veers towards the lives of the nuns and midwives, the historical context, especially the post-war London setting, is authentically portrayed, offering a glimpse into a challenging yet hopeful era.

Both shows have immersive storylines with a good mix of fiction and reality that complement each other so well!

I haven "depicted" so many period drama shows! The lush costumes and dramatic storylines sure do make history more relatable and exciting, especially for the non-history buffs.

Other than *The Crown*, *Outlander* is a captivating show with time-travel elements, featuring accurate historical backdrops that paint a captivating picture of Scottish and British history alongside a gripping fictional tale. The attention to detail in set design and costumes is remarkable!

Another gem is BBC's *Call the Midwife*, based on the memoir of Jennifer Worth. While the storyline veers towards the lives of the nuns and midwives, the historical context, especially the post-war London setting, is authentically portrayed, offering a glimpse into a challenging yet hopeful era.

Both shows have immersive storylines with a good mix of fiction and reality that complement each other so well!
*Outlander* and *Call the Midwife* are great examples of shows that bridge history and fiction seamlessly. The attention to detail in period dramas is astounding; the costumes, sets, and careful replication of historical events are a treat for viewers. Thanks for the recommendations!

I haven't seen many time-travel shows, so I'm curious: does *Outlander* handle the concept well? Also, are the historical locations accurately depicted, especially the Scottish settings which aren't as common in movies or tv shows?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu