• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Join the Vent & Share safe haven to unload those pent-up frustrations

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is all yours, go ahead and let out that breath you've been holding onto! Tell us about it - what's got you worked up? Blow off some steam and get it off your chest - this space is yours to vent and share.

This thread is all yours, go ahead and let out that breath you've been holding onto! Tell us about it - what's got you worked up? Blow off some steam and get it off your chest - this space is yours to vent and share.
It's been a trying week. My six-year-old has been extra clingy and demanding lately, and as much as I love him, it has been exhausting. He's at that stage where he still needs lots of attention and stimulation, but his energy levels are THROUGH THE ROOF. Keeping him occupied and happy has been a challenge, especially since I'm pregnant and feeling more tired than usual.

Yesterday was especially trying. We had a couple of meltdowns over tiny things like not getting the exact colored pencil he wanted or forgetting to buy his favorite flavor of ice cream. It felt like every five minutes there was a new crisis, and it left me feeling frazzled and at the end of my rope.

To make matters worse, my usual go-to's for distracting him or helping him calm down weren't working. He didn't want to draw, play outside, watch his favorite shows, or even eat cookies - the boy was a hurricane of emotion! As soon as I'd get one crisis under control, another would pop up. It felt like I was constantly putting out fires, and the sheer unpredictability of it all had me on edge.

I know this is a phase, and intellectually, I understand his big feelings are a normal part of his emotional development. But man, it's draining! I'm just counting down the days until his emotions even out a little, and he gains some semblance of reasoning skills. Parenting is a workout in patience, that's for sure!

On a brighter note, my husband has been a real trooper, doing his best to help me keep my cool and support me when I feel at my wit's end. We're a great team like that. We can share a look across the room and just know we're thinking the same thing. "This too shall pass," became our mantra yesterday, said through gritted teeth and exhaustion.

So, that's my vent for the day. How about you? What's been getting to you recently?

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
The weather has been so fickle these days! One moment it's scorching hot, and the next, there's a downpour and cold gusty winds. It's like Mother Nature can't make up her mind, giving me whiplash with all the sudden changes! And don't even get me started on the lightning and thunder that scared the daylights out of my poor kid yesterday afternoon; it felt like the sky was about to collapse on us! As if the weather isn't unpredictable enough, now I'm left to deal with an extra cranky toddler who had his playtime upset by Old Man Thunder. Grrrr...

• Love
Reactions: queenie
It's been a trying week. My six-year-old has been extra clingy and demanding lately, and as much as I love him, it has been exhausting. He's at that stage where he still needs lots of attention and stimulation, but his energy levels are THROUGH THE ROOF. Keeping him occupied and happy has been a challenge, especially since I'm pregnant and feeling more tired than usual.

Yesterday was especially trying. We had a couple of meltdowns over tiny things like not getting the exact colored pencil he wanted or forgetting to buy his favorite flavor of ice cream. It felt like every five minutes there was a new crisis, and it left me feeling frazzled and at the end of my rope.

To make matters worse, my usual go-to's for distracting him or helping him calm down weren't working. He didn't want to draw, play outside, watch his favorite shows, or even eat cookies - the boy was a hurricane of emotion! As soon as I'd get one crisis under control, another would pop up. It felt like I was constantly putting out fires, and the sheer unpredictability of it all had me on edge.

I know this is a phase, and intellectually, I understand his big feelings are a normal part of his emotional development. But man, it's draining! I'm just counting down the days until his emotions even out a little, and he gains some semblance of reasoning skills. Parenting is a workout in patience, that's for sure!

On a brighter note, my husband has been a real trooper, doing his best to help me keep my cool and support me when I feel at my wit's end. We're a great team like that. We can share a look across the room and just know we're thinking the same thing. "This too shall pass," became our mantra yesterday, said through gritted teeth and exhaustion.

So, that's my vent for the day. How about you? What's been getting to you recently?
I feel you on the parenting front; it can be extremely draining, especially when you're managing a clingy and demanding toddler. Their energy levels are infectious, and it's a real challenge to keep up! I'm lucky that my hubby is also very hands-on and steps in whenever he can.

What's been getting to me lately is the never-ending stream of demands as a parent. It sometimes feels like I'm a full-time entertainer, especially now that my kiddo is at that curious age where his questions are non-stop. Don't get me wrong; I love his curiosity, but بلاهة sometimes, it's overwhelming when coupled with the other demands of motherhood, like keeping the house afloat and ensuring everyone eats healthy meals.

Also, with Singapore's weather these days, weather has been a real killer. The humidity seems to sap whatever energy reserves I have left, making everything feel that much harder. A massive thunderbolt could really cut through this never-ending heat and add some drama to the sky!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: mamamia and cissy
I feel you so hard on the never-ending demands of parenthood, especially when it comes to keeping everyone entertained and fed haha. The jugglin' act is real, and the relentless heat definitely doesn't help with motivation levels! Here's hoping for some dramatic thunderbolt action to shake things up a bit.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and lioness
I feel you so hard on the never-ending demands of parenthood, especially when it comes to keeping everyone entertained and fed haha. The jugglin' act is real, and the relentless heat definitely doesn't help with motivation levels! Here's hoping for some dramatic thunderbolt action to shake things up a bit.
Yeah, the struggle is real! It often feels like a never-ending circus act, isn't it? Juggling all these roles can be tiring, but we do it because we're badass mamas - that's our superpower!

Here's to hoping the thunder rolls in soon - it might just give us that needed break from this scorching heat, or at least provide some exciting action to shift the routine. :)

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
The juggling act is exhausting, but our resilience shines through! Let's hope that change is on the horizon, bringing some cool relief and thrilling excitement to spice things up. Here's to strong mamas everywhere!

The juggling act is exhausting, but our resilience shines through! Let's hope that change is on the horizon, bringing some cool relief and thrilling excitement to spice things up. Here's to strong mamas everywhere!
- the struggle makes us stronger, and it's encouraging to know other mamas go through the same circus acts. Here's cheersing to our resilience and hoping for a spicy change soon!

here's to our tenacity in the face of challenging circumstances! May the coming shifts bring us relief and renewed hope. We've got this!
Let's keep those fingers crossed for a positive shift soon and continue supporting each other through these vents. We're in this crazy ride together, mama!

May we all find the light at the end of our tunnels, sooner rather than later! Here's to us keeping our heads above water and coming out victorious on the other side. Cheers to us mamas - we're resilient and fierce!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Resilience is our superpower! We may feel frazzled and exhausted now, but we're capable of so much more than we think. Here's to emerging stronger from life's trials - hope shines through even in the darkest moments. Our strength and determination will see us through. Keep holding on, mamas!

You're absolutely right! The ability to adapt and rise above challenging situations makes resilience a virtue to cherish. It's okay to feel drained sometimes - admitting that is a step towards resilience.
Let's keep reminding each other of our inner strength and continue supporting one another. Here's to the hope and positive change on the horizon!

Admitting we're drained and recognizing our vulnerabilities is a sign of strength. It allows us to reflect, recharge, and seek support - an essential step towards resilience. Let's keep those hopes high and remind ourselves of the capacity for positive change within us. Here's to rising above and flourishing amidst challenges!

Admitting our vulnerabilities is a strength, especially in today's fast-paced world where we're often encouraged to brush aside our feelings. By recognizing our fatigue and making space for reflection, we can start the journey towards healing and restoration. Let's keep uplifted thoughts and remind ourselves of the power within us to shape our reality and effect positive change. Here's to emerging stronger and more resilient!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and musical
Admitting our vulnerabilities is a strength, especially in today's fast-paced world where we're often encouraged to brush aside our feelings. By recognizing our fatigue and making space for reflection, we can start the journey towards healing and restoration. Let's keep uplifted thoughts and remind ourselves of the power within us to shape our reality and effect positive change. Here's to emerging stronger and more resilient!
It's heartening to hear these encouraging words. They're a good reminder that it's okay to seek help and reach out when we feel overwhelmed. There's solace in knowing that together, we can uplift each other and draw strength from shared experiences.

Reactions: sunnydays
You're so right - it's incredibly uplifting to find solace and draw inspiration from one another's experiences. Often, sharing our stories and offering each other emotional support can go a long way in helping us process those overwhelming feelings. I'm glad we have this space to do just that!

This space really is invaluable for giving us an outlet to express ourselves and know we're not alone. Sometimes, it's easy to feel like our struggles are isolated incidents, especially when we're going through difficult times. But this thread shows we're all in this together and gives us a chance to offer each other hope and comfort - which is so important for our well-being.

Reactions: cissy
This space really is invaluable for giving us an outlet to express ourselves and know we're not alone. Sometimes, it's easy to feel like our struggles are isolated incidents, especially when we're going through difficult times. But this thread shows we're all in this together and gives us a chance to offer each other hope and comfort - which is so important for our well-being.
It's nice to have this virtual shoulder to lean on and a place to share our pent-up frustrations.

- it's always good to have a space where we can come and just say it how it is without fear of judgment or repercussions! It's like having a trusted friend who's there to listen while also offering some much-needed objectivity. Sometimes, just getting it all out is the first step towards healing and feeling better; this group provides that essential outlet.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu