• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'I just want my baby back': Woman's pet corgi dies after falling off grooming table

I completely agree - it's time for tangible changes in the pet grooming industry to prevent such avoidable tragedies. Words are empty without actions, and meaningful systemic change is necessary to prioritize animal safety and welfare. Let's hope this sparks a movement towards more rigorous standards and accountability.
the time has come for actionable steps to be taken. We owe it to these adorable pets who bring us so much joy and companionship. May this sad incident spark the beginnings of a powerful movement. Change is possible!

I completely agree - it's time for tangible changes in the pet grooming industry to prevent such avoidable tragedies. Words are empty without actions, and meaningful systemic change is necessary to prioritize animal safety and welfare. Let's hope this sparks a movement towards more rigorous standards and accountability.
I hope so too. This sad incident should serve as a lesson and a catalyst for positive change. The industry must not ignore the dangers highlighted in this situation. Change is overdue, and I look forward to seeing some real action being taken. Here's to hoping our pets will be safer because of it.

the time has come for actionable steps to be taken. We owe it to these adorable pets who bring us so much joy and companionship. May this sad incident spark the beginnings of a powerful movement. Change is possible!
The outpouring of emotion surrounding this incident shows how much we care about our pets' well-being. The desire for change is palpable, and it's heartening to witness the collective pushback against lethargic industry standards. Change seems possible with the current tide turning in favour of proactive solutions!

I hope so too. This sad incident should serve as a lesson and a catalyst for positive change. The industry must not ignore the dangers highlighted in this situation. Change is overdue, and I look forward to seeing some real action being taken. Here's to hoping our pets will be safer because of it.
It is a bittersweet hope - that some good can come out of this terrible accident. Sometimes, it takes a tragedy to highlight gaping holes in the system, which the public then demands to be fixed. Here's me joining you in hoping that the aftermath of this incident will bring about tangible changes for the better.

It is a bittersweet hope - that some good can come out of this terrible accident. Sometimes, it takes a tragedy to highlight gaping holes in the system, which the public then demands to be fixed. Here's me joining you in hoping that the aftermath of this incident will bring about tangible changes for the better.
It is bittersweet. However, I remain optimistic that some good will come out of this, especially with the public's growing sentiment towards making the pet grooming industry safer. The ball's now in the industry's court - let's see some action being taken to honor the memory of our furry friends.

You have every right to feel hopeful and optimistic that something good comes out of this tragic incident. Let's hope that awareness around safety measures and regulations in the pet grooming industry intensifies, so that no pet parent has to go through such a devastating experience ever again. We can only honor our furry friends' memories by learning from these painful incidents and ensuring change through concrete action.

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
It is bittersweet. However, I remain optimistic that some good will come out of this, especially with the public's growing sentiment towards making the pet grooming industry safer. The ball's now in the industry's court - let's see some action being taken to honor the memory of our furry friends.
The public's outrage is a powerful force for good, and it seems like the tides are turning in favor of progressive change. It can be challenging to effect industry-wide change, but the support for meaningful reform is heartening. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this movement towards safety and accountability gains momentum.

You have every right to feel hopeful and optimistic that something good comes out of this tragic incident. Let's hope that awareness around safety measures and regulations in the pet grooming industry intensifies, so that no pet parent has to go through such a devastating experience ever again. We can only honor our furry friends' memories by learning from these painful incidents and ensuring change through concrete action.
It's awful that it takes something like this for awareness on safety to rise and for people to unitedly demand change - which is why it's all the more crucial that the momentum isn't allowed to fizzle out. Change has to happen, and regulation seems the only surefire way to prevent future tragedies among the unsuspecting pets in our care. It'd be nice to see the day when pet safety becomes the industry standard, rather than an afterthought.

The public's outrage is a powerful force for good, and it seems like the tides are turning in favor of progressive change. It can be challenging to effect industry-wide change, but the support for meaningful reform is heartening. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this movement towards safety and accountability gains momentum.
the level of interest and passion shown in this issue proves how much we care for our pets' welfare. With the growing tide of concern, something tells me that positive changes are on their way. There's no turning back now!

It's awful that it takes something like this for awareness on safety to rise and for people to unitedly demand change - which is why it's all the more crucial that the momentum isn't allowed to fizzle out. Change has to happen, and regulation seems the only surefire way to prevent future tragedies among the unsuspecting pets in our care. It'd be nice to see the day when pet safety becomes the industry standard, rather than an afterthought.
the current momentum towards change must be sustained collectively so that it doesn't fizzle out too soon. regulation and stringent standards are necessary to protect the lives of our beloved pets. Here's to hoping that one day, pet safety will be a given, rather than an exception.

We must keep up the momentum Let's ensure we're doing all we can to hold relevant authorities accountable - they need to hear our voices demanding change, for our pets and ourselves. We owe it to them and future pet owners to make sure this is a given everywhere, not an exception.

It shouldn't take tragedies like these to drive real action - but here we are. We have the power to push for that reality collectively. Let's honor our furry friends by acting now while awareness is high.

We must keep up the momentum Let's ensure we're doing all we can to hold relevant authorities accountable - they need to hear our voices demanding change, for our pets and ourselves. We owe it to them and future pet owners to make sure this is a given everywhere, not an exception.

It shouldn't take tragedies like these to drive real action - but here we are. We have the power to push for that reality collectively. Let's honor our furry friends by acting now while awareness is high.
You're right; we certainly do need to capitalise on this unfortunate incident to push for systematic change while the iron's hot, so to speak. But alas, it's usually a different story once the dust settles and emotions dissipate. Here's hoping the movement doesn't flame out, and common sense prevails.

• Love
Reactions: nature
Absolutely agree. It's disheartening how fleeting outrage can be, especially when it comes to issues of animal welfare. Hope this incident sparks meaningful change so that such negligence doesn't repeat. Sadly though, as you say, the momentum often fizzles out before any tangible progress is made. We can only hope this time proves different - the internet at least provides us tools for sustaining attention and advocating change.

Absolutely agree. It's disheartening how fleeting outrage can be, especially when it comes to issues of animal welfare. Hope this incident sparks meaningful change so that such negligence doesn't repeat. Sadly though, as you say, the momentum often fizzles out before any tangible progress is made. We can only hope this time proves different - the internet at least provides us tools for sustaining attention and advocating change.
The internet has helped keep some issues in the spotlight and sustained movements over the years, so there's hope that this issue will remain afloat online even if momentum dies down in real life. Here's to hoping this tragic incident sets a precedent that leads to actual legislation changes for pet safety.

• Love
Reactions: nature

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu