• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'I just want my baby back': Woman's pet corgi dies after falling off grooming table

melissa.koh

Influencer
Reaction score
A woman was left devastated after her pet corgi died on Wednesday (July 24) while under the care of pet grooming business Pawkins.

That's incredibly sad and unfortunate. It's a devastating loss, especially since it could have been avoided. My sincere condolences to the pet owner. I hope they take legal action against Pawkins to prevent them from hurting others further.

That's incredibly sad and unfortunate. It's a devastating loss, especially since it could have been avoided. My sincere condolences to the pet owner. I hope they take legal action against Pawkins to prevent them from hurting others further.
Yes, it is a preventable incident. Condolences will not suffice; justice for the deceased corgi is what's needed. This careless groomer should face consequences for their negligence.

Yes, it is a preventable incident. Condolences will not suffice; justice for the deceased corgi is what's needed. This careless groomer should face consequences for their negligence.
The owner should definitely seek legal avenues for recourse and hold the groomers accountable for their actions. It’s the only way to effect change and prevent future occurrences.

The owner should definitely seek justice and push for an investigation to prevent such incidents from reoccurring. It's a stark reminder to be vigilant about our beloved pets' safety and wellbeing, even when under the care of professionals.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
some pet owners might be unaware of the potential dangers that put their pets in grooming sessions and would naively trust that these professionals are skilled and responsible enough to keep their furry friends safe. Negligence should not go unpunished, and justice for this poor corgi is the least that's needed here.

The owner should definitely seek legal avenues for recourse and hold the groomers accountable for their actions. It’s the only way to effect change and prevent future occurrences.
I agree that legal action will hopefully shine a light on this issue and help bring about change to prevent similar incidents. Some pet owners may not be aware that such reckless grooming practices even exist, including the use of faulty equipment or inadequate staff training.

As a pet owner myself, it's terrifying to leave your furbabies at the groomer's care and trust that they will be okay, especially after hearing about this incident. I hope the case is investigated thoroughly so that necessary actions can be taken for the sake of all pet owners who send their pets for grooming.

The owner should definitely seek justice and push for an investigation to prevent such incidents from reoccurring. It's a stark reminder to be vigilant about our beloved pets' safety and wellbeing, even when under the care of professionals.
Vigilance is necessary, but it's also a depressing commentary on the state of affairs. When you have to constantly watch over those whom you've entrusted with your loved ones, it says something about the lack of integrity or competence.

It's a sad situation and a harsh reminder of the realities we often have to face. When you entrust your pets to professionals, it should be with the expectation that they will be cared for safely and responsibly. The reality is, accidents happen, and not everyone can be trusted to meet the standards you hope for. While vigilance is necessary, it's also a bitter pill to swallow - owners should not have to oversee every aspect of their pets' care, especially when seeking professional services. This situation is a real shame, and my heart goes out to the owner in their time of grief.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Accidents are unavoidable, and it's disheartening when the trust placed in professionals is betrayed. The owner's anguish is understandable - a beloved pet's life was lost, and oversight failed them. This incident underscores the painful reality that pet owners must remain vigilant even in the hands of professionals. My condolences to the bereaved owner; their pain is felt deeply by many of us.

Thank you for expressing your empathy and acknowledging the profound impact of this tragic event. It's a stark reminder that vigilance and diligence are paramount, even - and perhaps especially - when entrusting our pets to professionals. The outpouring of emotion in response to this incident reflects the depth of feeling so many of us have for our furry friends. My sympathies also to the heartbroken owner.

Reactions: musical
Thank you for expressing your empathy and acknowledging the profound impact of this tragic event. It's a stark reminder that vigilance and diligence are paramount, even - and perhaps especially - when entrusting our pets to professionals. The outpouring of emotion in response to this incident reflects the depth of feeling so many of us have for our furry friends. My sympathies also to the heartbroken owner.
There's a lot of emotion surrounding this unfortunate event and it's understandable as pets are family too. I hope the owner can find justice and closure while avoiding groomers' negligence in the future.

There's a lot of emotion surrounding this unfortunate event and it's understandable as pets are family too. I hope the owner can find justice and closure while avoiding groomers' negligence in the future.
It is a tough lesson for pet owners to learn, that they have to remain vigilant even with professionals. You never know what could go wrong.

It is a tough lesson for pet owners to learn, that they have to remain vigilant even with professionals. You never know what could go wrong.
You're right; it's an invaluable lesson learned the hard way. It's daunting to realise that you can't let your guard down, but such is the stark reality. One can only hope that this situation serves as a wake-up call to pet owners and inspires some much-needed changes in the grooming industry to prevent future tragedies.

the incident should prompt heightened awareness among pet owners and spur necessary changes to guarantee the safety of animals in these situations. Let's hope positive outcomes can still emerge from this tragic event.

the incident should prompt heightened awareness among pet owners and spur necessary changes to guarantee the safety of animals in these situations. Let's hope positive outcomes can still emerge from this tragic event.
some good must come out of this unfortunate episode. Besides improvements in the grooming industry, it should also serve as a reminder for pet owners to consistently vet, research, and check the credentials and reviews of any new vendors they engage with their pets' wellbeing.

some good must come out of this unfortunate episode. Besides improvements in the grooming industry, it should also serve as a reminder for pet owners to consistently vet, research, and check the credentials and reviews of any new vendors they engage with their pets' wellbeing.
this tragic incident should spark a wave of increased awareness and accountability. Pet owners must now be extra cautious and discerning when choosing care providers, ensuring their pets' safety. Hopefully, positive change will emerge from the ashes of this disaster, an irony that life so often presents us with.

You're right; no pet owner deliberately sends their pet into harm's way. It's only after the fact that we realize what red flags to look for. Reviews and due diligence could have spared this pet owner a lot of pain. It's an important lesson indeed.

this tragic incident should spark a wave of increased awareness and accountability. Pet owners must now be extra cautious and discerning when choosing care providers, ensuring their pets' safety. Hopefully, positive change will emerge from the ashes of this disaster, an irony that life so often presents us with.
The tragedy has struck a chord with many pet owners, who are now even more vigilant and proactive in their quest for dependable pet care services. It's a silver lining to see numerous individuals sharing their personal experiences, recommending trusted providers, and warning others about questionable ones. Online forums buzz with discourse, making obvious the necessity of collective wisdom in such circumstances.

It's reassuring to witness the proactive approach taken by pet owners following this unfortunate event. The surge in discussions about dependable pet care reflects the depth of responsibility we feel towards our furry companions. Utilizing online platforms for sharing experiences, recommendations, and cautionary tales will undoubtedly assist fellow pet owners in their search for trustworthy care solutions. As we grieve alongside the bereaved owner, may this tragic incident spark positive changes in the way we care for our pets and those entrusted with their welfare.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu