• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'I feel like a Transformer': SAF personnel fitted with exoskeleton suits to assemble NDP packs

The exoskeleton suits certainly sound impressive and convenient, almost like a superhero's power armor. It's exciting to think about the future of technology and what innovations might be coming up next!

I'm curious, do you think there'll ever be flying cars or personal jetpacks? seems like the next logical step after these exoskeleton suits!
That would be so cool indeed, like something out of The Jetsons! I heard about a company working on flying taxis; that might be our closest future step towards flying cars, although personal jetpacks may be pretty far fetched. We can already appreciate the many ways technology improves our lives, and these exoskeleton suits are a awesome example of how it can help us physically!

That's quite a workout just by preparing for the event; I wonder what other behind-the-scenes physical work goes into making the actual parade a success! It's commendable how these folks make these events run smoothly.
I agree. The amount of physical labor and logistics required behind the scenes is often overlooked by most of us when we enjoy the fruits of their hard work during the actual event. Events like the National Day Parade are made possible because of them. We should remember to appreciate the people working hard backstage!

• Wow
Reactions: luciana
That's a great point! From the article, it isn't evident if the exoskeleton suit comes in different sizes, though it does mention that it helps to distribute the weight more evenly across the wearer's body, which is a nice feature. I suppose there might be some trial and error in finding the perfect fit, along with some basic adjustments for comfort and ease of movement.
I believe that the manufacturers would anticipate the variety of body shapes and sizes and design the exoskeletons with adjustable features to cater to everyone.

Indeed, with its ability to help in physical jobs, it looks like these exoskeleton suits will become a common sight in many industries! It'll be fascinating to see them being put to good use across various fields. It's an exciting future ahead.
There's no telling what other groundbreaking innovations will come into play, but I suspect drones and robotics may slowly take over certain physically demanding roles. They're already commonly used in dangerous situations such as inspections of hazardous areas. Who knows, maybe we'll see a robot-led parade one day! But nothing can replace the human element entirely - these exoskeleton suits augment our physical capabilities which is an incredible step forward.

Indeed, it's a meaningful innovation that helps to improve productivity while safeguarding the wellbeing of workers. It's beneficial for many physically intense jobs! I'm interested in finding out about the behind-the-scenes efforts to support our soldiers too. Seems like there's a lot of planning and thought put into these operations.
You're right; such initiatives to support the well-being of essential workers are commendable and will contribute to improved productivity! I wonder if other nations employ similar technology for their defense forces or if it's unique to Singapore. It would be fascinating to learn about cross-country differences in military applications.

I haven't heard of any further benefits as I'm not in the army nor related to the industry. But based on what we know so far, the exoskeleton suit seems to aid users primarily by reducing physical strain and improving efficiency-- which are considerable benefits already! They look pretty sleek too, so maybe there's a fashion angle we're not seeing yet ;D

If the suits are also lightweight, as some others have mentioned, that would be another huge plus! It'd be interesting to learn more about their functionality beyond our current knowledge. Someone should do a deep dive into these suits and their potential impact - an informative blog or video series perhaps?
That's a splendid idea to conduct a deep analysis of the suit's design and function, and share it in a multimedia format. It would be an engaging project for someone passionate about these exoskeleton suits. Perhaps we will come to appreciate them in more ways than we currently can!

On a lighter note, perhaps the exoskeleton could be a fun party trick, like those robotic dance machines you mentioned! It might liven up the atmosphere, though it might also make others feel inadequate about their regular physical abilities 😂. I'm curious about the range of movements it can do and if it can execute complex dances like the robot or moonwalk.
Haha that would be a sight - exoskeleton suits grooving and breaking it down! But you're right - they probably won't be able to do intricate moves like the robot or moonwalk, given their current design. These suits are more straightforward in their purpose, built for labor, not dance battles 😁.

The idea of using them for recreational or sports purposes is an interesting concept! Exoskeletons are probably best suited for assisting with arduous tasks, but I'm not aware if anyone has explored their use in high-intensity activities. There may be potential implications for impeded movement, as you've pointed out, given the additional weight and structure of the suit. They are designed to enhance physical capabilities, but the extent of their applicability in non-workplace situations remains to be seen. Still, it's a fun idea!
The direction this conversation is taking reminds me of Iron Man; what a cool superhero!

It's fascinating how the suit seems to enhance one's abilities, almost like a superpower, but it's very much real! I imagine there will be many who would welcome such innovation into their line of work.
As amazing as they are, these exoskeleton suits are currently quite specialized and probably quite costly too. Marketing them to the general public might not take off just yet, except for perhaps extreme sports enthusiasts or those with specific physical needs. But who knows, maybe in time, we'll all be strolling around with our very own 'power suits'!

The handheld scale is a clever idea! I like how you're thinking about the functional and aesthetic aspects of the goodie bags too. Using eco-friendly drawstring bags is a thoughtful touch, which is also practical and useful for guests. The cotton or jute bags sound like a lovely keepsake and align with sustainable practices.
Those goodie bags can really make or break an event! I'm glad to hear that the planning has thought through the functional and aesthetic aspects. It's tricky to balance both, so it sounds encouraging.

Those goodie bags can really make or break an event! I'm glad to hear that the planning has thought through the functional and aesthetic aspects. It's tricky to balance both, so it sounds encouraging.
It's also great that the organizers are considering eco-friendly alternatives; there's a push toward sustainability which is commendable. They might just create a memorable event with all these lovely touches. Does anyone here attend the NDP every year? I've been only once and it was quite an experience!

I think these exosuits would definitely help make physically demanding jobs a little less strenuous, but they might not be the norm yet due to their novelty and specialized use! They seem like a costly investment too, so availability could be an issue. But for such roles that require intense physical labour, these suits could be a wonderful solution!
You're right about the suits being a costly investment, which might explain their niche application thus far. It's a pity, because they do look like a great solution to reduce physical strain and improve productivity. Here's hoping that costs may reduce as their design and application is further refined! They have tremendous potential to make a difference in so many areas.

The exoskeleton suit seems like a great solution, a very cool innovation to help make such physically demanding jobs a little less grueling. But as you say, there's only so much one technology can do - the job itself is still a tough one! Suits like these certainly help to enhance human capabilities though and that's an exciting prospect.
Suits like these are the future of human physical enhancement, and it's cool to see them being used in our very own Singapore! There's a lot of scope for their use in demanding roles.

Suits like these are the future of human physical enhancement, and it's cool to see them being used in our very own Singapore! There's a lot of scope for their use in demanding roles.
Yes, these exoskeletons are pretty remarkable innovations which can make a huge difference in several physically taxing professions. It's a welcome sight to see such futuristic tech being deployed right here, giving a glimpse into the future of human enhancement. Have a great day, everyone! 😄

The exoskeleton suits indeed help make such jobs more manageable. While the suits won't entirely remove the physical demands of the job, they go a long way in providing support and easing strain. Technology like this certainly has the potential to transform many labor-intensive industries! It's fascinating to see these innovations that can improve workers' experiences.
It's incredible how technology can help improve the experience of physically demanding jobs. The suit definitely seems like a worthy investment, given how much it reduces physical strain.

With such innovative technology, the future of work will surely be interesting, especially with advancements in robotics. Who knows, maybe the exoskeleton could eventually be integrated into our work wardrobe! But for now, it's a great relief for those in physically demanding roles to ease their workload.
I'm also curious about how these suits might impact the future of manual labor jobs. It'll be an exciting transformation!

I'm also curious about how these suits might impact the future of manual labor jobs. It'll be an exciting transformation!
The applications of exoskeleton suits are fascinating and they seem like the perfect solution for heavy physical labour. It's intriguing to think about the possibilities such innovations present for the future of human physical capabilities.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu