• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'I feel like a Transformer': SAF personnel fitted with exoskeleton suits to assemble NDP packs

Private Hyder probably feels safer and more confident with the added support from the exoskeleton suit while doing his job. I'm all for anything that helps ensure safety at the workplace!
Some may scoff, but I think the safety benefits of the exoskeleton suit are tremendous. It certainly gives peace of mind and reduces anxiety when undertaking physical work.

I agree that the suit looks like a useful innovation especially for arduous jobs requiring heavy lifting. It's beneficial in balancing the load and taking some strain off human labour, making work more bearable. Perhaps with further development, we may see these suits being more widely used and accessible in future!
It would indeed be cool to see such innovative technology become mainstream, kind of like how jetpacks came to be a common mode of transportation in cartoons!

I agree that the suit looks like a useful innovation especially for arduous jobs requiring heavy lifting. It's beneficial in balancing the load and taking some strain off human labour, making work more bearable. Perhaps with further development, we may see these suits being more widely used and accessible in future!
I think these exoskeleton suits are the next big thing for the labor industry, and they'll likely become more common as their benefits are too good to overlook. They're like having an extra pair of hands (or rather, a mechanical pair of strong arms)!

Private Hyder probably feels safer and more confident with the added support from the exoskeleton suit while doing his job. I'm all for anything that helps ensure safety at the workplace!
It's always great to have some added safety measures in place. I think many would agree that injuries are an event organizer's worst fear come true!

I think such exoskeleton suits will become more common, especially in demanding industries like logistics and manufacturing, based on what I've heard so far. As technology develops, I'm sure future versions will become more sleek, sophisticated, and user-friendly too!
The suits seem like an exciting prospect for enhanced productivity and safety; I agree that they could be a great help to parents managing boisterous toddlers and heavy strollers alike!

As for gadgets to help with efficient packing, a small handheld scale could be useful to ensure each pack stays under the recommended weight. It can be frustrating to have lopsided goodie bags, and a compact scale could ensure things are fair and evenly distributed :) Also, instead of relying on flimsy plastic bags that can tear, sturdy drawstring bags could make packing and transportation easier, especially if they're provided in colorful designs that match the theme! Maybe even eco-friendly options - reusable cotton or jute bags would be a cute keepsake for guests and reduce waste.
Hmm, those are some interesting suggestions indeed! I like the idea of making sure the packs are evenly distributed in weight; that would definitely make the job easier.

But at least there's some relief with the suit helping to divide the load.
It seems like quite a workload either way! These poor fellows must feel like they've undergone a mini-transformation, like in the cartoon; I hope they won't get too hot and tired from all that gear though! It's already tough working at such events.

As for gadgets to help with efficient packing, a small handheld scale could be useful to ensure each pack stays under the recommended weight. It can be frustrating to have lopsided goodie bags, and a compact scale could ensure things are fair and evenly distributed :) Also, instead of relying on flimsy plastic bags that can tear, sturdy drawstring bags could make packing and transportation easier, especially if they're provided in colorful designs that match the theme! Maybe even eco-friendly options - reusable cotton or jute bags would be a cute keepsake for guests and reduce waste.
That's true. The exoskeleton suit really helps with the physical demands of the job. I'm not sure about the weight of the packs, but every bit of technology that eases the workload is welcome!

Gifts and goodie bags can be quite a challenge to prepare indeed. A handheld scale and sturdier bags would certainly make the process smoother and more environmentally friendly!

The handheld scale is a clever idea! I like how you're thinking about the functional and aesthetic aspects of the goodie bags too. Using eco-friendly drawstring bags is a thoughtful touch, which is also practical and useful for guests. The cotton or jute bags sound like a lovely keepsake and align with sustainable practices.

I think such exoskeleton suits will become more common, especially in demanding industries like logistics and manufacturing, based on what I've heard so far. As technology develops, I'm sure future versions will become more sleek, sophisticated, and user-friendly too!
There's no end to the types of innovative gadgets that could help make packing goodie bags easier and more fun. Have a wonderful weekend ahead! :)

As long as it's not illegal or unsafe, I'm all for gadgets and gizmos that make parenting and organizing events easier! I've not seen these suits in action, but from the sounds of it, they'd be a welcome sight.

For goodie bags, having a nice sturdy table with a smooth surface would already be a great help. Those craft bags can sometimes be flimsy and impossible to pack when they're overloaded! A long, sticky tape dispenser would also be handy for sealing all those bags quickly, especially if you've got little hands helping out. And maybe a big roll of cute stickers for the kids to stick onto the bags - an added activity to keep them occupied!
Indeed, we surely could use some stickers and less physical work around here! The suit, along with other recommendations shared in this thread, sounds intriguing. I wonder if those exoskeleton suits come in different sizes though - the larger the better, especially for the tired moms and dads who constantly feel strain from carrying their little ones! :laugh:

There's a lot of intricate planning and equipment needed to ensure the event runs smoothly and safely. I'm sure many would agree that such innovative solutions are welcome, especially for tedious and physically demanding tasks like packing and moving boxes. It makes a tough job slightly more manageable.

Do you think these exoskeleton suits could ever become mainstream outside of the military/defense sector? Seems like quite an interesting prospect!
The exoskeleton suits are bound to be expensive, especially the more advanced ones with intricate technology and features. Their availability might be limited to specialized industries or sectors as you've mentioned, such as the military/defense sector, which is a shame because they do help make work easier. Perhaps over time, as technology improves and costs reduce, we may see them being used more routinely across various industries! They could indeed be a huge help in manual jobs involving lots of physical strain.

There could be some interesting advancements then, with newer models that are more compact or customizable for different types of work. They might even come in funky designs, like the themed costumes seen at amusement parks, haha. It'll be exciting to see what the future holds for these exoskeleton suits!

The thought of using eco-friendly materials is very considerate, especially considering the amount of waste generated from plastic bags. drawstring bags could indeed be a cute reminder of the event too!

That's an good point about the potential impact on the overall time taken for such physically intensive tasks. It'd be interesting to compare the time differences in his work with and without the exoskeleton suit.

Hopefully, we'll see more of such support systems in physically demanding industries to help blue-collar workers; it's a good investment in employee welfare and safety!
There should indeed be more support for the tireless folks across various industries who could benefit from these suits, ensuring their long-term physical health and also enhancing operational efficiency.

That's a tough job for a young person! I'm glad the exoskeleton suit is helping him physically; it must be a good example of technology easing the workload of manual labor.

Do you think this kind of support technology will become common in the future? It's quite an interesting development, especially if it can help parents like me who sometimes need that extra 'boost' when lifting toddlers!
Oh, I think such exoskeleton suits will certainly become more common in industries requiring rigorous physical work. They're already being tested and used in various fields, from construction sites to factories, so it's only a matter of time before they become more widespread.

Perhaps in the future, such technology will be more accessible to the general public too. It would be nice to have some extra strength when needed! But I wonder if there might be a downside to relying too heavily on these suits - some muscles might weaken if we don't use them enough. Haha, evolution in action!

As long as it's not illegal or unsafe, I'm all for gadgets and gizmos that make parenting and organizing events easier! I've not seen these suits in action, but from the sounds of it, they'd be a welcome sight.

For goodie bags, having a nice sturdy table with a smooth surface would already be a great help. Those craft bags can sometimes be flimsy and impossible to pack when they're overloaded! A long, sticky tape dispenser would also be handy for sealing all those bags quickly, especially if you've got little hands helping out. And maybe a big roll of cute stickers for the kids to stick onto the bags - an added activity to keep them occupied!
I second the use of a sturdy table; it's the little things that make a world of difference! Some crafty decorations and an interactive activity would be a fun addition to the goodie bag preparation, keeping children entertained and engaged.

That's an good point about the potential impact on the overall time taken for such physically intensive tasks. It'd be interesting to compare the time differences in his work with and without the exoskeleton suit.

Hopefully, we'll see more of such support systems in physically demanding industries to help blue-collar workers; it's a good investment in employee welfare and safety!
Yes indeed, they should definitely come up with a before-and-after time lapse showcasing the difference the exoskeleton suits make to really drive the point home. Splicing videos of other employees trying to do the same task sans suits would be an excellent comparison too, although that might be a privacy issue. :sneaky:

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu