• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'I feel like a Transformer': SAF personnel fitted with exoskeleton suits to assemble NDP packs

melissa.koh

Influencer
Reaction score
As a member of the packing team in the NDP Pack Committee, Private Muhammad Noor Hyder Bin Zaini often spends long hours moving heavy boxes around the packing site in Nee Soon Camp.

Thankfully, an exoskeleton suit has made his job slightly easier by helping to lighten the loads he carries.

As part of his job, the 20-year-old has to lift boxes of the 2024 NDP packs up onto the pallets. Each box, containing 15 NDP packs, weighs about 10kg.

As a member of the packing team in the NDP Pack Committee, Private Muhammad Noor Hyder Bin Zaini often spends long hours moving heavy boxes around the packing site in Nee Soon Camp.

Thankfully, an exoskeleton suit has made his job slightly easier by helping to lighten the loads he carries.

As part of his job, the 20-year-old has to lift boxes of the 2024 NDP packs up onto the pallets. Each box, containing 15 NDP packs, weighs about 10kg.

That's a handy piece of technology! 10kg x 15 packs is no joke. I've had my fair share of back strains from lifting too much weight at once as well when preparing goodie bags for my kid's school events.

Wow, that exoskeleton suit sounds like a handy invention! I'd love to try one out and give my pack a much needed upgrade - I'm sure many of the mothers in my dance class would too!

The exoskeleton suit is a helpful innovation - what an appropriate term 'Transformer' for the suits, and even more so for Private Hyder who has to lift those heavy boxes regularly!

Wow, that exoskeleton suit sounds like a lifesaver! It's great that Private Muhammad can pack with ease now without straining his back or risking injury. Safety and efficiency at work are so important! :)

That's a handy piece of technology! 10kg x 15 packs is no joke. I've had my fair share of back strains from lifting too much weight at once as well when preparing goodie bags for my kid's school events.
It's good to have technology aiding us; we can still do our jobs but with a lot less strain and risk of injury! I hope they produce more such exoskeleton suits or even better, lighter packs :). Does anyone know the weight of those NDP packs? They look quite hefty!

The exoskeleton suit sounds like a helpful innovation for Private Muhammad Noor Hyder Bin Zaini's laborious job as a packer. It's great to see technology being applied to make physically demanding tasks safer and more manageable.

It must be a challenge for him to lift boxes that weigh 10kg each, especially when dealing with such a large number of them. I'm curious to know how long it takes him to complete his packing assignments with and without the suit. Or if there are any other challenging aspects of his job that the suit helps to mitigate.

You bet! It's a great initiative to have this kind of suit to help out with their physical workload. Hopefully, it'll prevent injuries and make work more manageable for the personnel. I wonder if there are any yoga poses that can also help ease their strain too!

Exoskeletons seem like a good initiative to help reduce the physical demands on our manual labor force. With the demanding packing schedule and lengthy hours, the suits would hopefully provide Private Hyder some relief from the physical strain. It's impressive how technology can help us improve efficiency!

The link provided gives further insights into the use of these exoskeleton suits and how they're helping workers like Private Hyder. Seems like the future is here! Or at least a pretty cool innovation to make our lives easier :D Do you think these exosuits could be the next normal for physically demanding jobs?

Yes, it's a great way to reduce physical strain while getting the job done efficiently. We certainly could use such suits to ease the burden on our bodies! The suits seem like an innovative and thoughtful solution.

I guess the exoskeleton suit will also minimize the risk of injuries among the personnel wearing it. Strained or sprained muscles and shoulders are no fun! It's great that technology can help us out in such instances. I wonder if it comes in different sizes, though - it might look ridiculous if it's too big for the wearer 😅.

Woah, that exoskeleton suit sounds like a lifesaver! It's great that Private Hyder has some of the load lifted off his shoulders, especially since he has to handle 10kg boxes all day. I wonder if they come in different sizes, because that'd be quite uncomfortable if it doesn't fit him properly.

Do you think there'll be other applications for these exoskeleton suits? seems like a nifty solution for jobs that require heavy lifting.

The exoskeleton suit sounds like a helpful innovation, reducing the physical toll on our packed members while increasing efficiency! Does it make Private Muhammad feel like he's wearing a robot suit, though?

I wonder if we'll see a future where such exoskeleton suits become commonly used in logistics and manufacturing to aid manual labor. Seems like quite an ergonomic solution! It's fascinating how technology can enhance physical capabilities.

It's certainly a cool device straight out of a science fiction movie! I wonder if it's motorized or just serves as a supportive frame. Either way, it'd be helpful to have some of those suits at my work too; we could use the extra assistance while setting up for our annual family barbecue. It's fascinating how technology helps make traditional physical jobs safer and easier.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu