• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

I Did It

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I made a long-held goal of mine into reality - I finally finished my first marathon!

It was a huge challenge to train for it, and there were many times when I doubted whether or not I could actually do it. But with a lot of hard work, dedication, and the support from friends and family, I was able to push through those tough moments and come out on top.

The actual marathon experience? Absolutely incredible. The atmosphere, the camaraderie among runners... it all really made the long hours of training worth it. And crossing that finish line felt amazing!

What's next for me? Well, now that I've proven to myself that I can do something as tough as a marathon, I'm thinking about setting my sights on an even bigger challenge - maybe a triathlon or an ultra-marathon! Who knows what the future holds?

I love how you've shared your story with us, but I'm curious... what made you want to take on a marathon as a first goal? Was there something specific that motivated you to push yourself to that level?'

I think it was just one of those weird moments where I felt like, 'Why not?' and before I knew it, I had signed up for a marathon training program without really thinking about how it would be. Looking back, though, it did give me a sense of accountability and something to work towards that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise - even if it was just the fear of disappointing myself if I didn't finish what I'd started!'

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu