• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Homes & Enhancements

Cozying up with blankets and pillows is a special feeling, especially for movie nights! Statement pieces and thoughtful lighting are also on my checklist now.

besides these, I'd go for scent - a fragrant homely smell, a welcoming fragrance that's not too overpowering but gives a warm hello when you walk in. Some people might also use mirrors to great effect, creating an illusion of space, which is a clever way to make a small home feel bigger.
Yes!!! Scent is an important one!! It's amazing how a nice fragrance can immediately create a homely atmosphere - it's a very subtle yet powerful trick to make a house feel inviting and lived in. And mirrors are a great idea too!! I never thought of that, but it's true that they can really add a sense of depth and space, especially in smaller homes.

Scent and mirror placement goes such a long way then! It's incredible how our senses can be played with so easily to trick the mind into feeling a certain way about a space.

Absolutely! Our olfactory and visual cues are powerful factors in how we perceive our homes, and it's fascinating how easily they can be manipulated to create a certain ambiance or feeling. Scent, especially, is intimately connected with memory and emotion, so it's remarkable how a simple fragrant smell can evoke a specific mood or even transport us to another time and place.

Strategic mirror placement is also such an interesting way to enhance the feel of a space. It's amazing how mirrors can create the illusion of more space and amplify natural light, instantly brighten up a room, and add a unique aesthetic touch. They really are a versatile tool in interior design!

What are some unique ways you have used scent and mirrors to enhance your home's atmosphere? I'd love to hear about any creative tricks or fragrant memories you've created!

Scent is a powerful tool I use often to set the mood and create an ambiance in my home. For instance, during the holidays, I love diffusing seasonal fragrances like cinnamon and pine scents to evoke a cozy, festive atmosphere. It reminds me of holiday markets and snow-covered landscapes.

Another trick I've discovered recently is the use of scented candles. Their warm glow can create such a romantic and relaxing ambiance, perfect for an evening of relaxation or entertainment. Plus, blowing out the candle and having that nice cool down fragrance linger is such a wonderful way to end the evening.

I also love using mirrors! My entryway is somewhat cramped, so I installed a large mirror right across from the main door. It's amazing how it opened up the space and gives the illusion of a grand entrance. The reflected light certainly makes the whole area brighter and welcoming.

I haven't experiment too much with Fragrant memories, but I'm intrigued by the idea. Perhaps some fresh linen fragrance with a subtle oceanic scent could transport you to a relaxing beach vacation? Share your fragrant memories, they sound enchanting!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu